Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" X-Series

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Rough Country 4" X-Series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" X-Series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $745.58
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 117 / No: 9

Front and rear coil springs, front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar quick disconnects, power steering pitman arm, and 4 Heckethorn Nitro 9000 series shocks.

- 100% Bolt-On Installation, no cutting/drilling/welding
- Includes Rough Country's revolutionary rear coil spring
design to counter-act passenger side coil fatigue.
- Ride quality remains as stock
- Fits 33" tires with no rubbing or trimming of the fender well
- Kit is upgradeable with Rough Country's Jeep X-tras..

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

aplittle
aplittle's Reviews
07-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Rides better than stock, great flex, sway bar discos
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not been running the lift long, but so far I am completely happy. Added good ground clearance, has great flex, and comes with sway bar disconnects for even more offroading capability. Kit replaces all shocks, springs, control arms, and track bar. It also have stainless brake line extensions. You get a lot of bang for the buck with this kit.

brouwmat

Web Wheeler
brouwmat's Reviews
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Inexpensive, company stands behind their product well, decent ride.
Cons: Leaky SS (RC Remedied this quickly)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the kit through CCOR (a vendor on this forum). Kit took about two weeks to come, as expected. Kit was missing a couple of parts which was a disappointment, but called RC and they remedied this quickly (next day). Install was straightforward and instructions were decent but I could've used a little more detail for me being a complete novice. I will mention here that RC's instructions are better than most.. I pulled up instructions for other vendors and in most cases they were quite a bit worse. So, they are still above average.

After install, I was very impressed with the kit and it performed well. I did experience some DW, which was remedied through replacement of the TRE's, and upper CA bushings. Hub swap and ball joints was done too but didn't result in improvement in DW.

I had to replace a leaky SS that I also purchased from RC, but experienced no issues.

Very impressed with this kit.

matt001122
matt001122's Reviews
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Pros: Tubular adjustable control arms Good price for someone on a budget
Cons: Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great starter lift to put on a Jeep, it gets you out on the trails on a budget. I plan on upgrading the shocks in the future, but the ones that come with the kit aren't too bad. I just like a softer shock for rock crawling.

PackLifeNC
PackLifeNC's Reviews
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Price: $749.95
Pros: great kit
Cons: Instructions are crap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was great. I installed it fairly simply and it ended taking around 7 hours. The kit came with all necessary hardware and was delivered promptly. I am very impressed with the 2.2 RC shocks. They ride great on and off road. The lower control arms are also very well made. All in all its a great kit.

YoureverydayXJ
YoureverydayXJ's Reviews
07-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: all inclusive, works.
Cons: bushings worn relatively quick, paint rusting through.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered the 4.5" X flex kit with full leaf springs. Everything fit fine, and the lift height was good. After some time, the control arm bushings have some play and pretty much all of the components have some pretty severe surface rust. That said, I beat this thing up both on and off road AND Michigan winters are hell on anything steel. Overall, I am satisfied with the lift.

Richol
Richol's Reviews
03-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Its a lift kit
Cons: Its a lift kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was easier to just go and get the lift rather than spend all the money on new control arms that came with the new lift anyways. Rides/handles Great. Add in the dual shock steering stabilizer and deathwobble/shake no longer a problem.

justin89
justin89's Reviews
02-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: Adj control arms, adj front track bar
Cons: None, besides I hate drilling and it took for ever
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product came with everything needed right off the bat, also ordered the SYE kit and Drive shaft, do this because the drive shaft is a Tom Woods and not sure what the SYE is but works great.

brockj
brockj's Reviews

02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: easy to install, great look, all the control arms feel very heavy and durable. great clearance and flex
Cons: the instructions were a little backwards in a few places
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was easy enough to install and looks great. My only complaints are that the track bar drop bracket is a real pain in the butt and eats up a lot of time. Also i recommend walking through the instructions before you start removing things. There were a few instances where it seemed the instructions got ahead of themself and may have made a few things harder than they needed to be. I have only had the lift on for a few days but have already taken the jeep out and ran it on some moderate tails, it did great. This is my second rough country kit and I had no complaints with the first so I'm sure this will also be a great kit.

Rhigondus
Rhigondus's Reviews
01-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Price: $749.95
Pros: Easy Install, Come with all parts needed, Looks Great,
Cons: Should've waited til they updated there kit for the quick disconnects.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great put me up 4 inches nice price easy install

Justin_WJ
Justin_WJ's Reviews
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Great flex
Cons: Rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would recommend anyone buying this kit to spend a little extra money on billsteins, the shocks are rough as hell

MSrubiconJK
MSrubiconJK's Reviews
12-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Pros: very cheap and good for the money
Cons: Haven't heard much about it. Not tried it on the rocks yet like I want to! Hoping that i can try it out soon and review it better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was the first modification to my 2011 rubicon JK unlimited. it looks great with the lift and the grey coils look really nice. Rides a lot like stock but maybe a little rougher. I have taken it through the mud a few times and allows for a good bit of clearance. I have not used it to its potential as I am running stock rubicon tires and haven't been able to off road very much. I plan on taking it on some rock crawling trails soon so I'll be able to talk about it more.

cherokee980
cherokee980's Reviews

12-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Price: $825.00
Pros: control arms
Cons: everything else
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought a RC X-Flex 4" lift for 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon 2 dr. Right out of the box things were jacked up. Crush sleeves wrong size, bolts too short, too small in diameter, sway bar disconnects were for a JK on top and a TJ on the bottom. Springs sit at wrong angle on spring perch causing a "bow" in the spring. Springs are sagging and leaning after 1.75 years. Control arm ends went bad after 2 months, all 4 shocks are bad and even after sending the shocks in for warranty I was told they were good...they never sent my shocks back to me. Adjustable control arm ends are bad causing serious DW...It was just bad for me from day 1.

1999TJTOY
1999TJTOY's Reviews
10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: decent price for a complete lift with what it comes with.
Cons: by far is not the best ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a decent lift, x series gives you complete adjustable control arms and stuff but for long arm I have to go with RE

MontanaTJ
MontanaTJ's Reviews
09-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: easy install did it all by my self in a day and a half
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found it easy to install what took me the longest was drilling the holes. I have never messed with suspension in a vehicle and for my first i would say it was pretty easy and hard to mess up.

kvantate
kvantate's Reviews
07-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Good amount of lift for the money
Cons: Called ROUGH country for a reason
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I suggest upgrading to different shocks, the basic ones that come with the kit are STIFF. I do love the 'X-series' control arms, they are adjustable and allow for a lot of flex. CA's also feel nice and beefy compared to stock setup, haven't broken anything yet so we will see how long it lasts.

Joshtjeep
Joshtjeep's Reviews
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: cheap, high, rides good
Cons: a little squeaky, 1 in rake, no quick disconnects
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for the money, squeaks a little but for 500 you cannot beat

Pinkfuzz
Pinkfuzz's Reviews
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Price: $819.00
Pros: cheap, good quality, good customer service
Cons: rough ride, had to call multiple times because parts were missing, not very good flex, awful instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The front now rides smooth as can be after 3 months of driving, the rear is still very stiff, the leaf springs are very short and give a bad shackle angle

RubiUnlimitedSa
RubiUnlimitedSa's Reviews

02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Price: $1,069.00
Pros: Very competitive price. Nice ride and nice flex
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had some problems during install. None were due to the product (rusty parts and such). I did the install by myself and that was a bit rough at times so get help if available. The 2.2 shocks ride pretty nice and I got a total of about 6.5 inches out of this lift as my stock springs were about wasted. The ride was a bit rough until I mounted my winch on the front and loaded my recovery gear in the back so it definitly rides better on heavier jeeps.

After a year on my jeep the springs settled about a half inch and the ride is much nicer now. No noise or problems so far. Very good for the price and flexy too.

dustinGERSTEL
dustinGERSTEL's Reviews
02-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Price: $999.95
Pros: Great Flex, ordered it with the N2.0 Shocks
Cons: Time Consuming
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only thing I didn't really enjoy with this kit was adjusting the control arms and drilling for the new track bar. On of the spanners was also pretty rough to tighten, other than that the lift is great I ordered mine with the N2.0 shocks.

4RootN
4RootN's Reviews
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Love the heavy duty control arms that it came with
Cons: Stiff Springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this lift kit. It was simple to put on and the instructions are easy to follow. Took me about 4 days to put it on due to rusted bolts but once i got passed that hurdle it was just slap in the new parts and tighten everything down. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a good looking lift for a decent price.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last