post #46 of Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
JLCJ7
2007 JK Wrangler 

Rough Country 4" Series II

Cheap is price, but an overall good lift. Ride quality is better than the BDS and Trailmaster lift i use to have. I am happy with it.

post #47 of Old 02-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Moon_Rover
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This kit is cheaper than competitors (in that height), good experience, fairly complete, it gets u riding 4 inches higher, looked quite nice and shiny in the box, comes with 4 small stickers and 2 big window sized stickers.
Coils:They have rubber coating which does not peel or flake off like paint. Very thick and muscly.
Lower control arms: still have paint on them with very little rust, they are also greasable which increases bushings life, location of grease fittings makes them very easy to maintain.
Tcase drop kit: 2 square tubes (1 per side), not couple washers like some of the other kits. Still no signs of rust or paint flaking.
Sway bar links: Solid good design, very reliable.
RC Hydro 8000 series shocks: None
Drop pitman arm and bracket: Better alternative than having to drill a big half an inch hole in the stock already weak bracket.
Hardware: Any bolts and nuts are included in this category. It's good they were all here.
Here is what i dislike about the kit. Coils: Because they are very hard, they cannot flex and make a nice bouncy ride. At first when i installed the rc kit. I measured almost 5" of lift increase in the front and 4.75 in the rear. Well about half a year after installation (no offroading either) i noticed my rig was definitely sitting up higher on the rear end than the front which made me take measurements. Yup, it's true, the front was lower than the rear but also the passenger side was lower than the drivers side. Those measurements back then were 4.25" lift on the rear drivers coil, just under 4" for the passenger and about 3.5 for the fronts. The rubber coating was ripped on spots when i took it out of the box.
Lower control arms: Very bad design. They use rubber/plastic cylinders as bushings which cannot bend or flex at all increasing the load on the axle and frame control arm brackets. Next, the location of the grease fittings puts them in the way of rocks fallen trees or any other obstacle on the world.
Tcase drop kit: None
Sway bar links: Paint is flaking exposing rust underneath.
RC Hydro 8000 series shocks: They rode hard from the start till the second i ripped them out of there. I flipped the rear shocks over with no change. I am not saying factory sports car hard, i'm saying racing car hard. Again rust on the body and plenty on the piston rod.
Drop pitman arm and bracket: uck, I dont know why they spend their time even designing this combo. It's junk but yet costs just a bit less than their 4" track bar. I have some bump steer. The bracket and the dropped pitman arm are both 100% rusted.
Hardware: NOT A SINGLE BOLT WAS STAINLESS. They all rusted through.
post #48 of Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM
_Kyle_
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty good kit. The only complaint I have is the tracbar relocation bracket but I already planned on running a JKS rear adj tracbar.
post #49 of Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM
billylove23
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wish id of saved up and got long arms but still not bad. its a strong lift for a decent price............................................. ........................
post #50 of Old 03-23-2009, 04:56 PM
AMA-JEEP
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good progressive 4" lift for the jeep Rubicon, rough country is a good product, is almost as good as a Stock suspension. is just higher.
post #51 of Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 PM
jprubicon03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

its a very good Suspension Lift i would recomend it. it does the job that i eed it to do, i went from the regular stock on it before now this and it does wonders.
post #52 of Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 AM
jazzman31
2010 JK Wrangler 

So far so good, a few squeaks and rattles there, lower control arms arent real tight, still working on solutions to cure the problem.
post #53 of Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM
jberry
2003 TJ Wrangler 

the lift was great. would take expirenced person 2-2 1/2hrs to install. took me and my dad a lot longer. doesnt give details on the removement of parts, like the sway bar links which use a pressure link to hold it on and how to get the shifter bracket off. other than that it rides better than stock gives ,ore like 5in of lift so 35s fit without rubbing even at full lock. i would recomend to anyone.
post #54 of Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Rubicon718
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This kit is new for my 2004 jeep rubicon running lt285/75R16 which is 33's and just put it on last week! Looks awesome and got more than 4" on the lift...which is cool with me! Everything looks beefy and had no problems with it! Upgraded the shocks to 2.2 performance which look bad *** and are only $100 dollars more. Make sure you go with their $49 dollar 2.2 steering stabilizer to..that also puts the finishing touch on looks and steering performance. Easy to install took about 7 hours but it was my first time doing one and don't know to much about lifts! I had a lift over my buddies garage which made all the difference. Shocks and springs were easy to install..much easier if you disconect the track bar! My rubicon has a slip york all ready so just used the transfer drop kit which I probably didn't even need, but put on any way to be safe! No vibrations at all! Now just a couple of things I thought would be better....It rides rough which i thought would be smoother..but it is new and maybe it needs to be broken in! Just when you go over bumps, but when you dont it rides very nice! Instructions could of been better also, but hell I got it done! When drilling the new hole for the track bar make sure you angle it up a little about 3/4 of an inch over to the right facing it! Angle it up a little because if you dont you will have no strenght because it will be to close to the edge! But overall its great for the money and my only concern is it rides rough but hey its a jeep and the brand name is rough country! Mostly wanted the lift for looks and got what I wanted however it doesn't mean I wont be trailing because I will just not hard core like some! Another suggestion is if you dont want to hear that humming from the tires go with the goodyear mtr because they are a mud tire and look aggressive but dont really make noise and if so its at a mininum!
post #55 of Old 09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

gave more then 4" of lift, quality good. Shocks are a little rough.
post #56 of Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
BlackOut
2008 JK Wrangler 

This lift is great for the price of 499.99 USD. This is my DD and I can't complain on the performance it puts out on and off road. Installed by my self at home, very easy.
post #57 of Old 10-05-2009, 08:44 AM
irocz3489
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I cannot ask for more based on the price. It gives the Jeep a great stance plus ground clearance, which is all I was looking for. The instructions were very easy to follow. I had no problems with the install
post #58 of Old 10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
jeepster4x4

got it from jc whitney for pick up it come 2 different boxs
post #59 of Old 11-01-2009, 04:49 AM
badjamman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The install took my buddy and I a total of 5 hours to do. Didnt have to install a slip yoke of do a tranny drop as the jeep is an unlimited and the shaft was long enough.
post #60 of Old 11-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Defbob

The lift kit is an entry level kit. It comes with everything you need to lift your Jeep, but does not come with the parts that most people tend to want to shop around for due to preference, such as a front track bar. The lower control arms included in the kit are strong! I hit a rock and the control arm pushed the bolt through the bracket, shearing it and the control arm is completely intact. That's strong. The supplied rear shocks are uncomfortable. They are clearly valved for a heavier vehicle. The kit is easy to install and highly recommended.