Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" Series II

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Rough Country 4" Series II Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" Series II

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $534.05
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 106 / No: 2

Removed lift, sold.Got 3/4 poly lift & Bilstein hd shocks

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

_Kyle_

_Kyle_'s Reviews

03-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good kit. The only complaint I have is the tracbar relocation bracket but I already planned on running a JKS rear adj tracbar.

Moon_Rover
Moon_Rover's Reviews

02-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Price: $569.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is cheaper than competitors (in that height), good experience, fairly complete, it gets u riding 4 inches higher, looked quite nice and shiny in the box, comes with 4 small stickers and 2 big window sized stickers.
Coils:They have rubber coating which does not peel or flake off like paint. Very thick and muscly.
Lower control arms: still have paint on them with very little rust, they are also greasable which increases bushings life, location of grease fittings makes them very easy to maintain.
Tcase drop kit: 2 square tubes (1 per side), not couple washers like some of the other kits. Still no signs of rust or paint flaking.
Sway bar links: Solid good design, very reliable.
RC Hydro 8000 series shocks: None
Drop pitman arm and bracket: Better alternative than having to drill a big half an inch hole in the stock already weak bracket.
Hardware: Any bolts and nuts are included in this category. It's good they were all here.
Here is what i dislike about the kit. Coils: Because they are very hard, they cannot flex and make a nice bouncy ride. At first when i installed the rc kit. I measured almost 5" of lift increase in the front and 4.75 in the rear. Well about half a year after installation (no offroading either) i noticed my rig was definitely sitting up higher on the rear end than the front which made me take measurements. Yup, it's true, the front was lower than the rear but also the passenger side was lower than the drivers side. Those measurements back then were 4.25" lift on the rear drivers coil, just under 4" for the passenger and about 3.5 for the fronts. The rubber coating was ripped on spots when i took it out of the box.
Lower control arms: Very bad design. They use rubber/plastic cylinders as bushings which cannot bend or flex at all increasing the load on the axle and frame control arm brackets. Next, the location of the grease fittings puts them in the way of rocks fallen trees or any other obstacle on the world.
Tcase drop kit: None
Sway bar links: Paint is flaking exposing rust underneath.
RC Hydro 8000 series shocks: They rode hard from the start till the second i ripped them out of there. I flipped the rear shocks over with no change. I am not saying factory sports car hard, i'm saying racing car hard. Again rust on the body and plenty on the piston rod.
Drop pitman arm and bracket: uck, I dont know why they spend their time even designing this combo. It's junk but yet costs just a bit less than their 4" track bar. I have some bump steer. The bracket and the dropped pitman arm are both 100% rusted.
Hardware: NOT A SINGLE BOLT WAS STAINLESS. They all rusted through.

JLCJ7
JLCJ7's Reviews

02-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap is price, but an overall good lift. Ride quality is better than the BDS and Trailmaster lift i use to have. I am happy with it.

splash676
splash676's Reviews

02-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a decent lift for the money. it was a easy lift to do. it took about 6 hrs. to do. had to change out some bolts but not problem.

tufrthnails
tufrthnails's Reviews

02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Price: $529.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good lift if you want to run some 33's and you aren't very abusive. I have had to add alot of things it is missing in order to run my 35's. Hind site I would have waited and bought a more complete lift.

omt7696
omt7696's Reviews

01-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Price: $470.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift was pretty easy to put on. I am pleased with that, but the kit is too universal. The torque shaft bracket didn't fit my Jeep so I had to make my own. and the labeling of some of the smaller parts could be better.

Titandog
Titandog's Reviews

01-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far this has been a good lift. installation wasn't that difficult and support has been good. the ride is smooth and my jeep looks great. some problems with the tcase drop kit and shift lever, but...

doctorflow
doctorflow's Reviews

01-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice complete kit. The instructions supplied were a hard to read. Had to download instructions. Had everyhting i needed

v0cifer8
v0cifer8's Reviews

01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Price: $549.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit at a great price! Granted, no one likes lowering their t-case, but I couldn't afford an SYE or CV shaft at the time... Solid pieces, no issues or complaints! Installed my stabilizer same time as the kit, though, so can't comment on street driving without one...

j33pn4l1fe
j33pn4l1fe's Reviews

01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install. good ride. great price. I have air tools and installed in 10 hours by my self. not a land speed record. but respectable.

Davidsv04
Davidsv04's Reviews

01-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Price: $520.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it no problems yet! i tdoes seem to sit a lil high for a four inch lift but whos gonna complain about that. the parts fit great it rides great and it handles great! good stuff!

RingRingRing

RingRingRing's Reviews

12-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its all good! Bought this kit for $200 but was not totally complete. For an extra $100 I got everything I needed.

tglover44
tglover44's Reviews

12-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was already installed when I bought the Jeep. It works fine, not what I would have chosen if I was buying myself.

VT_Jeeper
VT_Jeeper's Reviews

12-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Price: $520.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good lift for the price....good flex...just a little stiff............................................. .................................................. ..

abbottg
abbottg's Reviews

12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, so good. It hasn't left the garage yet since installed. Wished there had been an upgrade option for shocks in the kit I bought, would have rather had gas.

AFD68

AFD68's Reviews

11-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Price: $680.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If I had to do it again, I would have bought a complete kit with disco's, adj. upper & lower Control Arms, etc. But it went in easy and rides nice.

DerekRI

DerekRI's Reviews

11-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Freshly installed, but a buddy of mine runs it and yeah, it can hold it's own regardless of the budget friendly price.

jeepchopper77
jeepchopper77's Reviews

11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Price: $499.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for the money. wish the shocks were a little better but still great. rides high and rides smooth, well at least for a jeep it does

TJWrangler08
TJWrangler08's Reviews

10-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this product too, i installed this so it gave the Jeep a "trail" look. Although i havnt actually taken it out yet.(I am planning on it though)

oldmanron
oldmanron's Reviews

10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Price: $429.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride quality was very stiff at first, but as things have broken in it has improved. Still on the stiff side. Great bang for the buck. The only parts I'm unhappy with are the TC case linkage and the rear track bar relocation mount.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last