Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" Series II

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rough Country 4" Series II Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" Series II

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $534.05
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 106 / No: 2

Removed lift, sold.Got 3/4 poly lift & Bilstein hd shocks

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

lifebestwitjeep
lifebestwitjeep's Reviews
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: well it came with all hardware and everything looks good just need to put it on still
Cons: didnt come with pitman arm didnt relize it at first once i got it i got kinda mad at myself
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ill get back on the review once i put it on. but im sure it will look awesome. the kits comes with just about everything. When i called about the pitman arm they siad my kit didnt have it but like 3 days later they included it in the kit and the kit was the same price so that kinda mad me mad but i cant wait to get it on my jeep

13bravojeeper
13bravojeeper's Reviews
02-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Price: $671.00
Pros: Just put on so can't give any yet
Cons: Same as pros
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far not a bad lift haven't gotten off road yet since I just did it yesterday. But over all feel and look is great. I think once I get her off-road it will be bad@ss

Shamrock1
Shamrock1's Reviews
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Doesn't come with Drop Pitman Arm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Inexpensive reliable lift. Was able to fit 35's and was easy to install.

DivineKaos
DivineKaos's Reviews
01-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Price: $379.00
Pros: no pros
Cons: no cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best bang for your buck. Customer service is second to none.

02APEX
02APEX's Reviews
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Durable, came with all parts for lift, affordable
Cons: none as of yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great affordable lift kit. My buddy actually did all the work and said it all fit pretty good. Should come with adjustable control arm.

bomoto
bomoto's Reviews
12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: its working
Cons: Nothing but is just one week in
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

tree33
tree33's Reviews
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Price: $581.00
Pros: Great lift and gave me all 4 inch. Love the 2.2 shocks too.
Cons: got a lot toe in from lift. may have been my mistake.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift is a good lift. I installed it almost all of it by myself and this was only my second lift with the first one on a yj. It went together really easy and gave ok instructions. The lift its self looks good with the powder coated gray and the 2.2s ride great. Great lift for a great price.

2ACR

That's Right I Support
2ACR's Reviews
12-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Pros: It does what I need it to for NOW!
Cons: While the lift performs well Rough Country seems to be trying to save money by sending less parts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift is Fine. I am still breaking in the shocks and springs but I think the ride is smooth. I don't think I would buy another Rough Country Lift but for what I am doing currently I couldn't ask for more. The kit has performed very well on my buddies hunting rig and I am sure it will to the same for me.

Defbob

Defbob's Reviews
11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Price: $499.95
Pros: Price, lower control arms are beefy, allowed me to choose other components of my liking. Nice starter kit to work off of.
Cons: shocks. fronts are great, rear are not valved for such a light vehicle.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit is an entry level kit. It comes with everything you need to lift your Jeep, but does not come with the parts that most people tend to want to shop around for due to preference, such as a front track bar. The lower control arms included in the kit are strong! I hit a rock and the control arm pushed the bolt through the bracket, shearing it and the control arm is completely intact. That's strong. The supplied rear shocks are uncomfortable. They are clearly valved for a heavier vehicle. The kit is easy to install and highly recommended.

badjamman
badjamman's Reviews
11-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: didnt come with Pittman arm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install took my buddy and I a total of 5 hours to do. Didnt have to install a slip yoke of do a tranny drop as the jeep is an unlimited and the shaft was long enough.

jeepster4x4
jeepster4x4's Reviews
10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Pros: pretty good lift
Cons: lower control arms is not out long to center up the coils
Recommended? No

Comments: got it from jc whitney for pick up it come 2 different boxs

irocz3489
irocz3489's Reviews
10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Pros: very straight forward install. cheap
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I cannot ask for more based on the price. It gives the Jeep a great stance plus ground clearance, which is all I was looking for. The instructions were very easy to follow. I had no problems with the install

BlackOut
BlackOut's Reviews
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Pros: Amazing for the price, would recommend to anyone
Cons: Nothing yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift is great for the price of 499.99 USD. This is my DD and I can't complain on the performance it puts out on and off road. Installed by my self at home, very easy.

2003X

2003X's Reviews
09-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Pros: Gave more then 4" of lift
Cons: short arm kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: gave more then 4" of lift, quality good. Shocks are a little rough.

Rubicon718

Rubicon718's Reviews

07-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Price: $636.00
Pros: Great look , great price, true to size of lift and some! Customer service was excellent!
Cons: Rides rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is new for my 2004 jeep rubicon running lt285/75R16 which is 33's and just put it on last week! Looks awesome and got more than 4" on the lift...which is cool with me! Everything looks beefy and had no problems with it! Upgraded the shocks to 2.2 performance which look bad *** and are only $100 dollars more. Make sure you go with their $49 dollar 2.2 steering stabilizer to..that also puts the finishing touch on looks and steering performance. Easy to install took about 7 hours but it was my first time doing one and don't know to much about lifts! I had a lift over my buddies garage which made all the difference. Shocks and springs were easy to install..much easier if you disconect the track bar! My rubicon has a slip york all ready so just used the transfer drop kit which I probably didn't even need, but put on any way to be safe! No vibrations at all! Now just a couple of things I thought would be better....It rides rough which i thought would be smoother..but it is new and maybe it needs to be broken in! Just when you go over bumps, but when you dont it rides very nice! Instructions could of been better also, but hell I got it done! When drilling the new hole for the track bar make sure you angle it up a little about 3/4 of an inch over to the right facing it! Angle it up a little because if you dont you will have no strenght because it will be to close to the edge! But overall its great for the money and my only concern is it rides rough but hey its a jeep and the brand name is rough country! Mostly wanted the lift for looks and got what I wanted however it doesn't mean I wont be trailing because I will just not hard core like some! Another suggestion is if you dont want to hear that humming from the tires go with the goodyear mtr because they are a mud tire and look aggressive but dont really make noise and if so its at a mininum!

jberry
jberry's Reviews
06-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Price: $490.99
Pros: great lift better than stock ride, perfect lift for 35in tires
Cons: directions could be moe detailed like how to get factory sways off, the drop shofter linkage stuff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the lift was great. would take expirenced person 2-2 1/2hrs to install. took me and my dad a lot longer. doesnt give details on the removement of parts, like the sway bar links which use a pressure link to hold it on and how to get the shifter bracket off. other than that it rides better than stock gives ,ore like 5in of lift so 35s fit without rubbing even at full lock. i would recomend to anyone.

jazzman31
jazzman31's Reviews

04-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good, a few squeaks and rattles there, lower control arms arent real tight, still working on solutions to cure the problem.

jprubicon03
jprubicon03's Reviews

03-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Price: $525.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a very good Suspension Lift i would recomend it. it does the job that i eed it to do, i went from the regular stock on it before now this and it does wonders.

AMA-JEEP

AMA-JEEP's Reviews

03-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good progressive 4" lift for the jeep Rubicon, rough country is a good product, is almost as good as a Stock suspension. is just higher.

billylove23
billylove23's Reviews

03-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wish id of saved up and got long arms but still not bad. its a strong lift for a decent price............................................. ........................

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last