Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" Series II

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Rough Country 4" Series II Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" Series II

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,300.00
Average Price: $534.05
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 106 / No: 2

Removed lift, sold.Got 3/4 poly lift & Bilstein hd shocks

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

Coyote56
Coyote56's Reviews
08-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: 4 inches of lift
Cons: rides a little rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I hear a lot of negative comments regarding rough country lift kits but no complaints here. I gained a little over 4 inches, it rides a little rough but still better than stock.

vvp
vvp's Reviews
01-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: It lifted my jeep to a nice level. It looks really nice from the back.
Cons: I am used to really stiff suspensions because I came from a sports car background. The lift made it a softer ride. I don't know if its the kit or just lifts in general but it is softer and you loose responsiveness in steering. I got used to it though and it is fairly nice. Other than that it rides nice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I pieced this kit together. The only part that I substituted are the rear sway bar links. I used some rubicon express ones that I got from quadatec for $30.

NWTJsights
NWTJsights's Reviews
10-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Pros: easy install
Cons: still have to buy other things to make work properly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ihave not wheeled my jeep yet after installing this lift but so far so good...
installed sye and upper rear control arms to fix dl vibs... like the look and has very good welds as well as a beefy size and excellent price.. jeep forum has become my best friend after buying a jeep.. who needs a shop lol

xloza
xloza's Reviews
09-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Pros: Soft ride, the color matches the jeep
Cons: I have no complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: second jeep I put it on and I love it, i liked the fact that the kit matched my jeeps color

smashedfrog88
smashedfrog88's Reviews
07-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Lifted jeep to clear my 33s
Cons: Rough ride like all YJ's
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

msushi09
msushi09's Reviews
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: No drop pitman arm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this kit to my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. I have been very satisfied with the ride. The directions could have been a litttle more clear. Price was great for a complete 4" lift.

bmpage84

bmpage84's Reviews
04-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Price: $449.95
Pros: Well made, solid lift, for the price, Gained more height than expected. Ride, handling, and performance are very good*. (*after additional mods)
Cons: Some rear driveline vibrations after install which I suspected would happen adding 4" to a stock rear axle setup.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Although I did have some rear driveline vibration after the install, overall I am very happy with the Lift kit. The parts were very well made and installation was really not all that bad. The install took me the better part of a weekend. (The 6-8 hour install claim made on the website MAY be true if the kit came with a team of Rough Country mechanics!) I did gain a lot more height and clearance than I expected, and now realize that I could have easily gone with 35" tires instead of 33". Once I eliminated the driveline vibrations (*by removing the kits relocating and drop brackets and installing an SYE kit, D/C driveshaft, adjustable UCA's, adjustable track bar, coil spring correction plates, and shock relocators) I was impressed with the ride. It is definitely better than stock on the street, and 200% better on the trail. Also Rough Country does offer a 10% discount on all orders to Jeep forum members and their shipping speed is fantastic.

ElGuapoBond
ElGuapoBond's Reviews

03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Price: $459.99
Pros: Quite a few, another great fitting kit at an affordable price.
Cons: Parts bags not identified easily, drilling a hole for relocating the front track bar is a known problem and maybe a front track bar relocation mount would be a good idea to bring to market and include with the kit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Completed installation on the garage floor in 10 hours with basic tools and a few air tools. Instructions were good with pics and the video available on the websites product page helps new folks feel a little better when taking on this project. Parts are powdercoated as usual and hardware is top notch as in previous kits that I have worked with. Like before, a quick call to Rough Country (Jefferey) was worth it when I saved at least 10% as I purchased the N2 lift kit, 1.25 body lift kit, motor mount lift kit and N2 stabilizer. I opted to not drill the hole for the front track bar relocation and instead went with a Fatboys Garage relocation mount which run an additional 35 dollars and was well worth it. For those of us who have worked with jeep suspensions the hardware is a no brainer but for those out who are not so experienced with all the hardware please look over the parts list and make your own parts bag befor beginning as the bags are not marked very well. Overall I rate the kit a 9/10.

ForcesJK07
ForcesJK07's Reviews
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Price: $499.95
Pros: Great cheap starter kit for someone on a budget
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2007 - 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler 3.5" Series II Suspension

krasnake
krasnake's Reviews
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Price: $899.00
Pros: no welding, more clerance.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift.

MoSutty
MoSutty's Reviews
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Price: $660.00
Pros: Easy install, great customer service, looks great.
Cons: A little squeaky and noisy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My cousin and I put it on working 2-3 hours a night for 4 nights. As we were finishing the rear of the vehicle we noticed we were short a set of bushings. Called Rough Country at 3 pm on a Thursday the parts were there by 10 am Friday. Got the steering stabilizer and nitro shocks upgrade. Had it on for close to six months now, so far no problems with the lift kit.

sevenscrew
sevenscrew's Reviews
01-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Looks Great, Great quality
Cons: Instructions fail to tell you all the tools you will need before you start, causing you to run out and delay the project
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Instructions did not include at the beginning that you would need a 11/32 drill bit and coil compressor under the "Tools needed" both these made me run out twice..

kbman
kbman's Reviews

11-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: easy install great bang for your buck
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i dont care what anyone says the rides not tht bad its a jeep get over it
i recomend purchasing brakelines, drop pitman arm, and adj trac bar
steering is great no wandering besides my tires
straight forward install no complaints

Outdoors
Outdoors's Reviews

11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Ride much smoother, these reviews for the series II UPDATES were not in effect until sometime after MAY,2011.
Cons: rear upper shock mount slid out of it's bushing, reinstalled no problem. Rear track bar bracket bolts backed out replaced with nylocks no problems now.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: People talk about it not being a complete kit? Consider this a lot of other "complete" kits do not come with shocks.. This kit does come with decent shocks.
I do Recommend a JKS or similar adjustable front track bar. Also purchased some 2" bumpstops and JKS discos too. Consider getting YJ front brakelines at least too.

The ride I'm getting out of this kit since June is really nice and smooth, I have owned a BDS, RE kits and this kit on road is better riding then EITHER KIT for me. OFF road the RE kit is better no illusions here. For the price range this kit is it.

tycal
tycal's Reviews
09-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Cheap, included everything needed but front disco's for the beginning/moderate jeeper. Shocks/springs ride GREAT!
Cons: upper bushings in rear shocks easily slide themselves out. Had to install upper bar pin eliminators
Recommended? Yes

Comments: CS is great and responsive. Shocks/spring rates are really great and beat out my $1k skyjacker kit for ride and driveability(on road). Flexes nearly as much with the rubber bushings as my value flex skyjacker kit did with the heim joints.
with the 4" lift, you will most likely need a 1" mml or go the sye/cv d-shaft route to keep your vibrations down.

blah402

blah402's Reviews
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Price: $555.00
Pros: Fairly easy to install. 4 inches of awesomeness
Cons: Instructions could of included detailed photos with all steps.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice lift for the price.

ronks97
ronks97's Reviews
05-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Pros: amount of lift
Cons: no tracbars and the rear bracket is poorly designed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it took a full day because it was my first lift install and i wouldnt recomend the indtructions because its much harder getting the springs in the way they explained how to do it i just dropped all control arms then put the springs in and was ready to go

PeeWeeHerman
PeeWeeHerman's Reviews
04-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Easy install for novice.
Cons: Rough Ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Included Shock Upgrade, Adjustable Front Track Bar, Drop Pitman Arm(not used), and Performance Steering Stabilizer. I like Rough Country stuff a lot, I'm not a hardcore wheeler, but plan on doing a good amount. The price and customer service is great on from RC. The kit should include all new hardware even if it costs a couple more bucks and new brake lines.

teamhirev
teamhirev's Reviews
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Pros: Complete with everything needed
Cons: A little rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this lift since it was very affordable. Rides okay a bit rough but I didn't by my jeep expecting a smooth suspension anyways.

bbunchjeepers
bbunchjeepers's Reviews
04-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Price: $499.95
Pros: easy to install, rides good
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: never had done any kind of suspension lift before this one. It was easy to install with the directions pretty clear and straight forward. The ride is good and handles great. Zero wobbles or any other kind of issues

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »