Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $495.48
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 127 / No: 13

Just put this lift on installation was a breeze and came with everything needed rides good and easily clears 33s

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

tater_kamik
tater_kamik's Reviews
06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: cheap easy install
Cons: has sagged
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wheeled once, and the suspension worked quite well. Flex is good, ride is so so. One side has sagged an inch more than the other. Do not know why but have contacted RC for warranty.

cj3a

cj3a's Reviews
05-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: cost
Cons: pitman arm not snug as it should be
Recommended? Yes

Comments: cant knock the price. good service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MilitaryJK4455

Web Wheeler
MilitaryJK4455's Reviews
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Good lift, complete control arm, springs, shocks and all.
Cons: Dont really like the track bar relocation bracket for the front. Just doesnt seem to hold very well without welding.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall its a good lift. Easy to install if you follow the directions. It was a complete kit and came with everything you need to do the install except for tools of course. Got exactly what I paid for and what I expected from the kit. Rides good for a bottom line lift and performs well on the trail.

littleturner76
littleturner76's Reviews

05-15-2010, 04:36 AM
Price: $490.00
Pros: None
Cons: Poor workmanship. Bad arch in rear springs, Replacement springs are bent using a press. Rear springs where unevenly arched after they where bent by RC. Never recieved new springs, just bad springs bent to length.
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought this lift for a 1984 CJ8 and should have took the jeepforum members word and stayed away from RC, but I am hard headed and bought it anyway.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ro...roblem-996267/

blue89wrangler
blue89wrangler's Reviews
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: cheap product
Cons: they don't give you all new bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when designing a product for a 20 year old machine you need to include all new bolts and hardware for anything that will be taken off. Any intelligent being would know this. Don't make it an extra add on, that's just down right cheap and annoying when ur in the middle of the project and read in the instructions, that you dont have those parts new you have to buy them

kunzcl
kunzcl's Reviews
05-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Pros: Complete Kit
Cons: Installation instructions can be very vague at times.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't driven much on it, but you can tell the ride is a little more rough but that is to be expected. I will update review in a few weeks once I have put more miles on it.

hrlysrule
hrlysrule's Reviews
04-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Price: $430.00
Pros: rides great, a little heavier than the stock suspension
Cons: Directions are not great but with any mechanical inclination pretty easy to figure out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit overall. I added a few items such as extended break lines and a heavy duty steering stabilizer. It didn't come with a drop pitman arm as I thought it did but after further research I did no need one. It rides a little bit stiffer than stock, as expected. It rides like a 4wd should in my opinion.

toplessincburg
toplessincburg's Reviews

04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Price: $520.00
Pros: easy to install, looks good, nice stance
Cons: rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I like the kit. It looks nice with a set of 35's. The ride is a little rough but is not my DD

IrepGritty
IrepGritty's Reviews
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Price: $449.00
Pros: cost
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided on this lift kit months before I bought it. I was just waiting until I had the money to buy it. I got a great deal with free shipping on it, I couldnt pass it up. This is the first lift kit I have ever installed. Any problems I ran into were NOT any fault of the lift kit. Comes with everything you need. For the price it simply cannot be beat. If I could do it over again I would. No complaints.

copperyj
copperyj's Reviews
04-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Pros: Easy install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best customer service I have seen ever

toplessincburg
toplessincburg's Reviews

04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: easy to install once the old stuff is off
Cons: little stiff on ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good and seems to work well for my needs. I am a road Jeeper...just cruisin

76cj5PDX
76cj5PDX's Reviews
04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Relatively easy to install. Very cheap.
Cons: They sent me the wrong leaf springs for the rear.
Recommended? No

Comments: It took two weekends to get the kit installed because they sent me the wrong rear springs the first time around. I was one of 18 people that they did this to. Rough Country was great about getting the new springs back to me within a week and had fantastic customer service, but this was clearly one of those issues where you get what you pay for.

Bottomline...okay for a cheap kit, but if I was going to do it again, I would spend the extra $200 - $400 and get something nicer.

WaffelNinja
WaffelNinja's Reviews
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Price: $664.95
Pros: i ended up gettin 4 and 1/4 inch of lift. can be done with out help.
Cons: not very clear directions. a few steps that seem inpossible
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is a pretty good kit. the only problem i had was mostly getting old parts off because of rust. had to cut a lot of bolts. the directions were not that clear. and a few steps contradicted each other. Tools Needed: a BIG hammer, a strong pipe for leverage, a STRUT spring compressor ( theres no way to get a COIL spring compressor and the bump stop in the spring like the directions say), and at least 4 jack stands (or a bunch of 4x4 posts). i am over all happy with the kit. even tho it did seem impossible to install alone i did it. it took about 4 8 hour days ( 32 hours ) to do it by myself, but i had a lot of disassembly problems.

steroidxjohnson

steroidxjohnson's Reviews
03-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Pros: good, durable, looks nice
Cons: bumpy but not different from stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, minus the torched bolts ;]

about 1 day install time, simple instructions

M-Piper
M-Piper's Reviews
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Pros: Great price, nice kit, easy install, great customer service
Cons: Non yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed very easy, Staff was very helpfull, Shipped fast, could used better instructions,

Hudsoner
Hudsoner's Reviews
02-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Price: $639.95
Pros: Full kit with everything
Cons: I can't say much
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't say much yet, because the mods is brand new

DracosJeep
DracosJeep's Reviews
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Still testing, good so far.
Cons: no s far, still testing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far i love it haven't gotten to do much off roading yet, but it rides good and gives me the clearance I need.

NOC Bulldog

NOC Bulldog's Reviews
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: great starter kit for the price
Cons: a little bumpy now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: get an alignment after install to correct bump steer, wandering

jeeptj333
jeeptj333's Reviews
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Pros: easy to install good budget lift
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this was a great lift for the price and rough country worked with me on shipping to alaska

fireman879
fireman879's Reviews
12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Pros: Rides Good
Cons: For some reason it keeps wearing out the shock bushings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was easy to install. rides good on road and off road. havent had much time to try the flex of it but i don't think it is going to have much flex but for what i do it does the job. I use it mostly for hunting and a little trail riding at Land Between the lakes

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last