Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $498.72
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 129 / No: 15

Just put this lift on installation was a breeze and came with everything needed rides good and easily clears 33s

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

jmonty84
jmonty84's Reviews
03-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: GREAT FOR EVERYDAY
Cons: SHOULD OF UPGRADED THE SHOCKS
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ..

WJ_allday04

WJ_allday04's Reviews
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: its a lift on a budget
Cons: Brackets brackets brackets
Recommended? No

Comments: After installing this lift, i have had many issues with dead wobble and driveshaft vibration. In the money i though i saved, ive spent $600 more in other parts and still have the same issues but they are getting better.

kevinhascall
kevinhascall's Reviews
03-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Great ground clearance.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't know how well this would hold up in the deep trails but it does a hell of a job just messing around in the woods.

Marksman113
Marksman113's Reviews
03-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: very nice
Cons: bumpy af
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they look really nice and dont ride to terrible, pretty decent i would say worth buying

AZIJEEP
AZIJEEP's Reviews

02-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: The cheapest on the market. Great for starter who's on a budget. Looks great and the built is pretty solid, especially the lower control arm.
Cons: You get what you paid for. By far after 2 week of installed, No Con's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With many bad reviews and some good reviews. I went forward purchasing RC 4inch lift. By far, it looks good on my TJ. An average guy with car smart can installed the lift. The ride quality isn't as bad I thought it would be. I've test drove my friend 1999 TJ w/ a $2k lift kit and it felt the same. You will definitely loose center gravity due to the lift. I'm going to purchase a steering stabilizer to finish off with the lift kit. For $500 buck, I've learned to installed Shocks, Springs, Control Arms, sway-bar links, transfer case shifting links. Not too bad for a guy like me w/ little knowledge. If you are like me just an average joe and planning to DIY installed. Have money for alignment.

mdsteves

mdsteves's Reviews
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Pros: cheap
Cons: CHEAP. Have to buy adjustable rear trackbar. Cheap shocks
Recommended? No

Comments: I had this lift installed by my dealership. Actually they had a "lift" shop do it. My rear axle was not centered and my ESC kicks in going 35mph on turns like interstate exit/entrances ramps. Had to purchase an adjustable rear trackbar.
The ride is not that good. At highway speeds it feels like the jeep wants to wander. I think you get what you pay for and I will be buying shocks and adjustable control arms to help me with my ride

trg97tj
trg97tj's Reviews

01-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Nice lift for the money. Rides better than stock suspension of my 97 TJ
Cons: Transfer case lever adapter does not work well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to get from 2H to 4H but about impossible to get back into 2H. I've read about advanced adapters and maybe needing some fabrication but don't have the specifics. Anyone know the details on how to get this lever working well?

cherokee980
cherokee980's Reviews

12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Price: $825.00
Pros: control arms
Cons: everything else
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought a RC X-Flex 4" lift for 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon 2 dr. Right out of the box things were jacked up. Crush sleeves wrong size, bolts too short, too small in diameter, sway bar disconnects were for a JK on top and a TJ on the bottom. Springs sit at wrong angle on spring perch causing a "bow" in the spring. Springs are sagging and leaning after 1.75 years. Control arm ends went bad after 2 months, all 4 shocks are bad and even after sending the shocks in for warranty I was told they were good...they never sent my shocks back to me. Adjustable control arm ends are bad causing serious DW...It was just bad for me from day 1.

smallJEEP
smallJEEP's Reviews
10-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: A++
Cons: Soft springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A++

D-Rod
D-Rod's Reviews
10-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Pros: Price
Cons: Non adjustable control arms
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the lift and it still rides good on the street

81cj7wa
81cj7wa's Reviews
09-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: really strong steel and good shocks great lift for the price and not have to cut or weld anything on the jeep.
Cons: Really stiff takes a lot to break it in.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift was actually more like 5 or 6 inches of lift after you add in that a jeep from 81 has lost some height over the years. Only rubbed a tiny bit on full turn with 12.5 33's tsl super swampers but full flex no rub could easily put on 35's if you were just mall crawler and didn't wan the full flex. (But why would you own a jeep then.)

Ag06TJ
Ag06TJ's Reviews
08-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: It was affordable, and the install was rather easy and straightforward.
Cons: The ride seems a bit harsh, and I would've liked to have not drilled to relocate the front track bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not too much more to say here, but to me the 4" of lift was a nice place to start. It served as a decent place to get used to driving a lifted Jeep until I can afford a more involved suspension.

Tweeter00801

Tweeter00801's Reviews
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Pros: Rugged
Cons: Rough Driving
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Affordable price, high lift

wrpoole
wrpoole's Reviews
05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: easy as hell to get a great starter lift
Cons: you HAVE to grease it all the time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i get great flex i daily drive with no sway bays and its stable

JeepJustin
JeepJustin's Reviews
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Pros: Great lift with a decent ride!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift i should have just went with a 6 inch long arm kit though..

martinrof
martinrof's Reviews
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Pros: good tire clearance
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed a 4" Rough Country suspension lift kit after getting it by UPS in 1 week after ordering it. It was easy to install and came with all the instructions. The clearance I got after the install was awesome, because my stock lift was so worn down , the springs were almost flat. I would like to install another one one day if I had the chance.

ekillionc9
ekillionc9's Reviews
03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy, simple, straight forward installation. Good looks for not alot of price.
Cons: Rough ride. Utilizes stock lower hardware for front sway links.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i really liked the rough country 3.5 Fr swap kit I installed. It went together very easily and the directions worked to a t. I would recommend also always replace coil spring isolaters that have severe wear on them as mine were. It does ride a wee bit stiffer but I sure do look good doing it.

cmurr03
cmurr03's Reviews
03-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Pros: Able to fit 285/75 15 with minimal trimming
Cons: The track bar drop bracket was a POS. It was no where near strong enough and begin cracking from day 1. After tightening, it began to crack my chassis. Finally had to weld it in place. Customer service at Rough Country was horrible and rude.
Recommended? No

Comments: The track bar drop bracket was a POS. It was no where near strong enough and begin cracking from day 1. After tightening, it began to crack my chassis. Finally had to weld it in place. Customer service at Rough Country was horrible and rude.

mikesloudjeep

mikesloudjeep's Reviews
02-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Pros: It will lift the jeep. lol
Cons: High gravity who would have thunk. Pillow mounts to the upper shocks to soft they brake off while wheeling.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bang for buck. Expext to blow things out if you're planning on really working this lift. For a daily driver to show off this is great. I learned you get whet you pay for. I'd still buy it. Just get some back up parts.

topalmer4

topalmer4's Reviews
02-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Pros: great price excelent lift and smooth ride
Cons: it is rough country you get what you payed for
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is actually quite smoothe and the lift is a complete package.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »