Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4.5" XJ

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Rough Country 4.5" XJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4.5" XJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $755.00
Average Price: $581.49
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 1

4.5" lift for XJ

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

BB6_Cherokee
BB6_Cherokee's Reviews
12-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: simple installation, pretty decent ride for the amount of lift provided
Cons: i dont know why everyone complains about rough country suspencion so much, i've not had any problems
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install, took a weekend from start to finish due to the amount of rust/corrosion/broken parts already on the jeep, came with springs, spacers, brackets, shocks, and all needed grade 8 hardware to install the kit, had to buy brake lines separate but that's a given, all and all, a very good kit

Spokes

Mall Crawler
Spokes's Reviews
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: decent flex/ride
Cons: parts wear fast and dont last
Recommended? No

Comments: if you wanna seriously wheelin dont buy it. just splashing mud puddles your fine.

javagnano
javagnano's Reviews
08-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: HOLDS UP
Cons: ROUGH
Recommended? Yes

Comments: DOES THE JOB

cjpoulos
cjpoulos's Reviews
08-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: nice look
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: fair price

jalfaro03
jalfaro03's Reviews

04-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Easy install, and really good for the price.
Cons: Stiff ride so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think the control arm drop kit is a must have. Like I noted a bit stiff but no different than my previous 2". Good for the price. Still need to trim the front fenders.

Cheers

Nebraska4X4
Nebraska4X4's Reviews
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: it works
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it lifted the jeep i can't say much about it the lift was on when i bought it i am looking into finishing my jeep off with a 8" lift some day

Ekul310
Ekul310's Reviews
08-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Nice lift, sturdy, great flex
Cons: Rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift is a great way to clear tires and obtain discos and is an excellent first lift install that can hold up to future upgrades.

DaveS01
DaveS01's Reviews
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: I got it used, cheap. It works
Cons: Awful ride, short leafs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Leafs lead to a vertical shackle, shocks are pretty much the same as other white body shocks, coils are ok. Only bought RC cause I found the entire kit for 250 bucks. Recommend for anyone looking to just get extra height, and who doesnt care about ride .

MxM
MxM's Reviews
07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Pros: Adjustable control arms and sway bar disconnects.
Cons: a little stiff but not bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great!! I was skeptical at first, but I am glad i went with this kit. The X-Series is great. The instructions were very well put together and the install went smooth. On the street this kit is a little stiff at first. However, after a few off road trips the suspension settled and it ended up a decent ride. Off road this kit handles everything extremely well! The flex from the kit is great and the components all function great. The only complaint is that the disconnect sway bar bolt comes loose occasionally...but nothing a little loctite wont fix. Great kit for the money the extra 400 for the X-series was definantly worth it.

lifesaflaw123
lifesaflaw123's Reviews
03-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Price: $829.00
Pros: Bang for the buck
Cons: Pretty stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over all a good lift for the money. I'll edit this when I've had it on for a while.

TimmyTattooXJ
TimmyTattooXJ's Reviews
02-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great Flex and easy install
Cons: Not high enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great overall lift. Have yet to have a problem with the lift.

katuah

katuah's Reviews
12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Full leaf kit at an affordable price, great customer service
Cons: Stiff! Could use better shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great bolt-on kit at a very affordable price for full leafs. It's not going to be as cush as one of the more expensive kits, but it's a great place to start.

mmachac
mmachac's Reviews
11-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Price: $460.00
Pros: good lift with everything thats needed
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it took me about 8 hours to lift it my self. the front also has a 1.75" coil spacer to level out the front. right now the front and rear are sitting 6" taller then stock. have no problems with really good flex. no front sway bar.

MoeGravey

Journeyman
MoeGravey's Reviews
10-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Great lift, Bolts in. (1st timers, make sure you have free time)
Cons: First couple months will be a stiff ride,
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the 4.5" RC kit with Full Rear leaf springs, 2.2 Hydro shocks and Steering stabilizer (recommended). The kit is very easy to put in once you know what you are doing. As a forewarning, PB Blast EVERYTHING!! for weeks before hand. It will save you the time and frustration. The instructions in the box were kind of vague, but crawling JP makes up for it. Be sure to have 1 spare set of arms. (i found having 2 spares was a waste of time, and led to drunkiness)

Wup This
Wup This's Reviews

08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Pros: I opted for the X series lift with full rear springs. Includes ALL the parts you need. disco's included. Great price. BEEFY LCA and UCA's. EXCELENT customer support.
Cons: The grease fittings on the front are absolute junk...go to the store and buy new ones. 3 dollars well spent and I have extras now. The shocks that come with the lift are REAL stiff. The rear shackles are put at an angle that makes them contact the mount which will limit travel. No new bump stops with kit...not a big deal because everyone's needs in this area will vary a bit. Could've used some new hardware for CA's and trackbar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I opted for the X series lift with full rear springs. The kit was very nice and came with all the parts necessary to complete the lift....even stainless brake lines. The lift was a beast to install because of the age of the XJ and the crummy stock fasteners. The ride is OK but I recomend upgrading to the 2.2 or another brand of shocks. Fit was very good and overall quality of the lift is way better than I expected. Be patient with your brake lines as this was one of the harder parts of the lift to get done because of the XJ rusted OEM lines. Overall a GREAT lift at a GREAT price. I have had it on for several months and I am very please. I put 32's as recommended with 3.75 offset. I had to trim a little and ditch the front inner plastic wheelwells. I would also HIGHLY recommend a SYE as I still have vibes. I also ditched the rear sway bar and haven't looked back!

Boomerang shackles, better shocks, and an SYE and this may just be the perfect short arm!!!

jbruehler
jbruehler's Reviews
08-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Nice height, all components needed where included, price.
Cons: Most of them are not the kits problem, it is from a 10 year old jeep with 150k+ miles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good easy install, had a horrible DW problem that was mostly cured by the allignment. A little DW remained, so I am install UCA, that unfortunately didn't come with the kit.

viking1
viking1's Reviews
07-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Price: $580.00
Pros: Great stuff!!
Cons: Nada!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome, and pretty easy install for a first-time Jeeper!

s1xty7
s1xty7's Reviews
06-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Pretty flexible, easy to install, cheap
Cons: Directions aren't always correct.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for a great price. Every dealing I've had with the staff at Rough Country has been great. The lift went in pretty easy. Took about a week when putting it in after work and on a Saturday with a couple days off. All in all, not too bad but more than the directions say. Lots of flex with the sway bars disconnected. You really need longer brake lines and diff breather tubes as well as bump-stops with this kit. I liked the product so much, I recommended and helped install it in a friend's XJ.

rjfster
rjfster's Reviews
05-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Provides good amount of lift, flexes pretty well, upgraded to full leaf instead of aal at purchase
Cons: ride is a little stiff, but not terrible, seems to have settled quite a bit (could be my imagination)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit, deffinatly go for full leaf instead of add a leaf. Would also recomend uca's since this kit only provides lca's.

psychoteen101
psychoteen101's Reviews
04-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Very detailed instructions, parts were of good quallity, and everything seemed to line up and bolt on just fine.
Cons: As of now, im very happy with the kit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit i bought came with the add a leafs. Everything was great, nothing seemed to give me trouble on installation and i had everything i needed pretty much. I do suggest to upgrade the shocks if being driven on the street. Id also replace the front brake lines instead of using the kits relocation brackets. Also, i would upgrade to the rear leaf kit instead of add a leafs because the OE springs tend to sag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »