Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 4.5 inch suspension lift

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Rough Country 4.5 inch suspension lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 4.5 inch suspension lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $640.09
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 39 / No: 2

4.5in suspension lift, comes with or w/o rear springs

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

mannyawwad
mannyawwad's Reviews
12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Price: $475.50
Pros: good quality, cheap price
Cons: little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i really like the rough country 4.5 inch lift. its a good quality lift and is cheap but it still gives you the bad *** look and its really nice.

zjrick812
zjrick812's Reviews
09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: works great , for a cheap kit very saticfied
Cons: had to get difrent bolts ... says to reuse stock bolts but makes everything slack ..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: kit works great , was easy to install , and great for anyone who dosnt have much money to put on his machin ... cost my 1100$ because I took a difrent shock in the direction , (skyjacker)little more expensive ..
works great tho , I tried it in a few terrains , and had no problems with it , coils rock !!!
friends tried rough country leaf spring suspention suspention and horrible coments on those . after a 2klm ride , truck already droped 2 inches .

personaly I am looking into selling my kit next year to get a costom 10inch lift . but its only beacause I want to go up higher , its not because of the quality of my kit .

dAng!XJ

dAng!XJ's Reviews
07-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Just getting into the Jeep thing. Will let you know soon!!
Cons: Just getting into the Jeep thing. Will let you know soon!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just getting into the Jeep thing. Will let you know soon!!

trlblznjeeper33
trlblznjeeper33's Reviews
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Comes with everything you need and should need, including Drop pitman arm, longer shocks, and skidplate drop brackets
Cons: Rides Very Stiff at first and only slightly stiff after a year.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just purchased this Lift Kit for My YJ but my buddy has had it on his for over a year. As long as it wears in the same as his the lift kit will be a nice ride on the trail and a little stiff on the road. I would definately recommend getting the upgraded steering stabilizer. the steering can be a little tough when you put 32 or 33 inch tires on it without the upgraded stabilizer. I cant say enough good things about this kit, i sooooo put my seal of approval on it.

Crazythingsido2
Crazythingsido2's Reviews
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: good flex good price
Cons: should have got the full packs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i cant complain

xlr84fun
xlr84fun's Reviews
11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Price: $518.00
Pros: I got the add-a-leaf, even though everyone said that it will sag, but haven't seen any sag, ...so far... for the money it really is a great kit.
Cons: they should just throw some brake lines into the kit and tack the price onto it, the "relocation brackets" are a joke, next investment besides tires is s.s. brake lines, for sure.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: definatly needs new brake lines added to the kit for a little more money.

gobabcock
gobabcock's Reviews
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Good off road (though not super)
Cons: Harsh ride, sloppy handling for on road use.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit was installed when I got the XJ. So far I've been happy with it for a mix of everyday/off-road use. Not great at either, but not bad at either. Having a set of long arms would help the kit greatly, I think - will update as the fundage allows.

littleleonard
littleleonard's Reviews

04-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Price: $655.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

cliffbong732
cliffbong732's Reviews

03-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really is rough. Add a leaf starting to droop. Great for the price, but does not compare to high end kits. you get what you pay for in my opinion.

byrinxx74

byrinxx74's Reviews

02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put on love it sits 5inch high, its a littelt rough but hey its a heep!!

jamie01
jamie01's Reviews

02-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the rides alot stiffer, but its not bad once you get used to it. installation was a breeze, kit comes with everything you need. good instructions.

Sterner09

Sterner09's Reviews

02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought all the upgrades possible for it. Rides like a dream, and handles well offroad as well.

Erikxj91
Erikxj91's Reviews

01-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for the money. Easy to install came with everything needed. I added a steering stabilizer to stiffen up the steering due to the shimmy from the larger tires.

Doitsouthstyle
Doitsouthstyle's Reviews

12-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Starter lift and had the best bang for its buck. Two major flaws are the track bar drop bracket and the leaf springs sag faster then normal

XJisTHErightWAY

XJisTHErightWAY's Reviews

11-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Price: $410.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just ordered this, but the 3" on my 98 Cherokee is holding up well after a year. I expect nothing less from RC.

64Jeeper
64Jeeper's Reviews

11-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not really sure if it's a Rough Country lift or not. The lift was already installed when I bought the Jeep

frump

frump's Reviews

10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it a lot it got good flex on the trails, and a lot of grond clearnce.

hula493172
hula493172's Reviews

10-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Price: $375.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: VERY NICE WELL BUILT KIT EVERYTHING WENT TOGETHER GREAT DIRECTIONS WERE VERY GOOD HAD NO PROBLEMS UNDERSTANDING WHAT WAS NEEDED THIS IS MY FIRST LIFT KIT TO INSTALL WAS A BREEZE EXCEPT FOR BREAKING BOLTS AND STUDS OFF HAD TO WELD BOLTS IN PLACES OF BUT THATS NOT THE KITS FAULT WOULD USE THEM AGAIN!!!!

89SAFARIXJ
89SAFARIXJ's Reviews

09-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I payed about $800.00 for the Rough Country 4.5" Full Spring Kit. Also included in this price was a Rough Country Steering Stabilizer, and an upgrade to Nitrogen Shocks. I bought it through TopGunCustomz.

One bad thing with this lift was that I wasn't sent all the neeed hardware. I found myself heading down to the hardware store trying to find the right size bolt and nut it said to use in the instructions. Rough Country is not known for the "completeness" of their kits. If you want "completeness", go with Rubicon Express.

Of course, for $800.00, the lift isn't going to be top of the line. But I put it on. And it works. And it get's me places others can't go. And with a little fender trimming and 33's, it looks awesome.

mudbath81

Creek Crawler
mudbath81's Reviews

09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Price: $668.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very happy with this kit. awesome price. just look at my profile and tell me what you think

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last