Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 3" Lift Kit w/ Control Arms

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rough Country 3" Lift Kit w/ Control Arms Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 3" Lift Kit w/ Control Arms

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $380.47
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 39 / No: 1

This kit contains....
+ New front replacement coil springs
+ long add-a-leafs w/ necessary hardware for the rear
(the long ones provide a much better ride over the short ones on the market)
+ Front extended lower control arms with poly bushings and new sleeves to maintain proper alignment
+ (4) Rough Country 8000 series premium grade shocks

+ All necessary hardware which is zinc plated
+ Complete instructions
+

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

XJMOOSE420
XJMOOSE420's Reviews
07-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: The 3" shocks work great even with an added 1 and a half inches of coilspacers and shackles
Cons: the rubber grommets on the top of the shocks where they mount to the unibody are straight up junk. they dry rotted with half a winters driving (lift put on in december) if you want a good tip keep your old grommets. i still have mine laying around and they're still not dry rotted after having spent nearly a hundred times more time on the road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The 3" shocks work great even with an added 1 and a half inches of coilspacers and shackles, flexes like a boss still also. rubber grommets on the top of the shocks where they mount to the unibody are straight up junk. they dry rotted with half a winters driving (lift put on in december) if you want a good tip keep your old grommets. i still have mine laying around and they're still not dry rotted after having spent nearly a hundred times more time on the road

HYDRO0309
HYDRO0309's Reviews

06-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Price: $345.00
Pros: EASY TO INSTALL GREAT QUALITY
Cons: JUST NEED A FEW ODDS AND ENDS TO COMPLETE IT
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price for myself
not to hard to do just need a good solid day to complete
great customer service if you need anything or questions no automated crap!

I would buy from them again !

sarend
sarend's Reviews
04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Great look for a dual-use vehicle.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift kit came new with the vehicle, so I do not know the price; however, it looks great for someone who needs extra clearance for hunting and light off-road use.

handyandy0
handyandy0's Reviews
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Easy to install, nice ride
Cons: Shocks do not last long. Maybe 20k miles on them and they were dipping.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Budget lift kit and you get what you pay for. It provides a nice stance for looks alone. Not an off road kit by any means and the shocks were short lived.

Muaymendez
Muaymendez's Reviews
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Price: $389.99
Pros:  Great shipping Nice packaging. Great looks And complete hardware
Cons: Rear control arms on my ZJ were causing a vibration and humming sound
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a tough time locating a vibration and noise that ROugh country couldn't diagnose for me. It turned out to the rear control arms were too long

mnp1988
mnp1988's Reviews
01-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Price: $399.99
Pros: fairly simple install, detailed instructions, all required parts
Cons: requires drilling, no shock boots included in kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very simple kit, comes with all necessary hardware and parts. Would recommend doing this on a lift as it is easier to drill the front mount for the track bar.

tmattprice
tmattprice's Reviews
01-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Price, Completeness, Ride, and most of all, LIFETIME WARRANTY!!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit is actually 3.5", and rides very smooth for a lifted vehicle with the newly designed shocks (included). It comes with all the essentials for the JK, such as tracbar, brake line extension bracketry, lower control arms, shocks, pitman arm, etc.. The biggest PRO is Rough Country offers a LIFETIME warranty on ALL their parts, so if anything were to break, the replacement part(s) are free Tough to beat that!!

fballman91
fballman91's Reviews
10-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy install good look
Cons: rides like you have steel wheels
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install took me about 6 hours with a floor jack and a little tool kit

nickx86
nickx86's Reviews
09-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Price: $620.00
Pros: directions, overall package, ease of installment
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: New front coil springs, new lower control arms, new full leaf springs, 4 new shocks.

Only thing i had to buy was the transfer drop down kit

jjuron
jjuron's Reviews
09-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Good kit for the price.
Cons: None as of right now.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's not a Bad kit. It's really a starter kit.
You have to get alot of extra stuff that didn't come with the kit.
Good for boosting your jeep for bigger tires and a cool look.
I wouldn't recommend this kit for performance.

Omega88
Omega88's Reviews
07-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Build on a budget
Cons: Needs uppers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall good kit. Easy to install. Only though is could include some upper control arms.

rileyfj2004
rileyfj2004's Reviews
07-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Price: $559.99
Pros: cheap an works well an gets the job done looks good also
Cons: didnt get new springs for the back nor adjustabe upper control arms for the front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it glad with what i got

cweyer
cweyer's Reviews
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: fair price ez to install
Cons: could use some upper control arms
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like it seems to work very well the control arms are very thick i have a buddy with a full size dodge with a lift and my control arms are way thicker

redlandsauto
redlandsauto's Reviews
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Very good kit for the money. Easy install and has a ton of travel for the price.
Cons: bolt get loose from time to time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good lift kit for the price. Shocks are good and the spring rates are great.
It actually rides better than the stock setup.
Excellent wheel travel.

ollieg843
ollieg843's Reviews
03-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Excellent lift kit, very well thought out and put together. Went on in a couple of hours, and set my jeep up nicely.
Cons: Didn't include an adjustable track bar, gotta buy one soon, as my jeep's axle is offset quite a bit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great piece of kit, like I said, easy to install. Instructions walk you through everything. However, the hardest part is getting the old bolts out! Wish it had included an adjustable track bar for a bit more money, but it didn't, so ordering that tomorrow. But all in all, it was worth every penny!

ahoyt653
ahoyt653's Reviews
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Very easy to follow instructions
Cons: reuse most stock hardward, Driveline vibrations after install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are planning to install this kit, give yourself more than the 2-3 hour install time, alot more. Be more prepared, rent a spring compressor, order new cam bolts, and use wd-40 or PB blaster on everything you will need to take part. Really the kit is not that bad to install, it is just removing the old parts that takes time. Then again this is to be expected on a 17yr old Jeep. I have some driveline vibration now, I will update this when I get that worked out

Azzy

Web Wheeler
Azzy's Reviews
10-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Good quality, nice parts, super service.
Cons: Light on hardware and instructions. Could use better photos.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Shops fast, parts are decent quality, great for the money. Dont get much hardware, it would be nice to at least get nuts for the tops of shocks and things like that, where you know you are going to destroy the old stock pulling out control arm bolts especially). Customer support is helpful on any questions, I've chatted with them a few times.

JeepStar007
JeepStar007's Reviews
09-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Price: $255.95
Pros: fast shipping
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It wasn't as easy as the instructions described. (What is though?) I ended up making my own leaf packs for the rear so I just used the shocks and coils. Over all its stiff and works great off road. Would reccomend an allignment after lifting...

makemusic116

makemusic116's Reviews
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Price: $311.00
Pros: Price and quality
Cons: Doesn't come with extended sway bar links.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my RC lift this is the third one I have installed and have had little to no issues with all my lifts from them. Their customer service is unbeatable and their prices are very competative. I would definitely recommend RC products to anyone.

makemusic116

makemusic116's Reviews
03-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Price: $311.36
Pros: Price! Parts are beefy and well made and it comes with very detailed instructions.
Cons: Comes with sway bar drop brackets instead of extended links.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not installed it yet but I had this same lift on my '96 and I loved it. I will update this again after it is installed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last