Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $369.95
Average Price: $355.19
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Kit Contents:
Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

Shocks: Includes (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Description:
This suspension lift is designed to give your Jeep TJ optimal on and off-road performance with up to a 33 tire. It offers a perfect balance for a daily driver that also desires great off-road performance. These ride quality and performance gains are delivered by our new progressive rate coil springs combined with our Performance 2.2 shocks.

Benefits:
• Clears up to 33" tires.
• 100% bolt-on installation.
• Increased ground clearance.
• Kit contains 4 Performance 2.2 shocks.
• Levels the front with the rear of the Jeep.
• Springs are progressive rate for enhanced ride
quality.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

tacticalone
tacticalone's Reviews
12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Price: $408.00
Pros: Looke great!
Cons: tought o install on your own... get some frineds!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit looks great. Would have been easier to install if I could have waited for help (just couldn't wait with that shiny new lift kit sitting in the garage). Used a combo of spring compressors and BFH (plastic) for spring install. Used spacer in front not in back. Winch coming later this week.

rmv42158
rmv42158's Reviews
12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Price: $365.00
Pros: didnt install yet
Cons: didnt install yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got it. I havn't installed it yet but hoping to within a few weeks. Got a killer price with a steering stabilizer for 365 shipped. Ill update asap.

Iokua
Iokua's Reviews
11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Price: $403.00
Pros: Easy to install. Good instructions
Cons: None as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The instructions were pretty detailed. Pictures were clear also. Didn't really have any problems with it other than stuck bolts and not compressing the springs enough to get them in their pockets.

superwheelin77
superwheelin77's Reviews
11-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Price: $375.00
Pros: great lift kit
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift kit for the money was easy to put on and have not had a problem with it

keijeremy
keijeremy's Reviews
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Price: $401.00
Pros: Easy Install
Cons: Having to relocate the front and rear track bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: THe RC 3.25" lift was made very well. The instructions were written well. If you are going to install this lift, make sure you get some strut spring compressors. I couldn't have done it without them.

TJ4JT
TJ4JT's Reviews
10-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Price: $369.00
Pros: Love the way it looks. Relatively easy to put on by yourself. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SPRING COMPRESSOR!
Cons: Really stiff ride, but that's expected from a TJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the way it looks. Plus, it was silver, which is the color of my Jeep. The ride is a little stiffer than the stock suspension.

APEDZ04LJ

APEDZ04LJ's Reviews
10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Pros: Awsome
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sweet lift kit for the money

rs4race
rs4race's Reviews
09-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Complete kit.
Cons: instructions vauge or incorrect in certain places. (bolts for the front swaybar)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Havent used it yet... my jeep is looking pretty good on the street for now, well see how it holds up on the trail.

photontraveler

Old Dude
photontraveler's Reviews
09-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Great Product. See review
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome Lift. I installed it Sept 1, 2009 and could not be happier. The bottom of my front bumper is exactly 22" which is the legal street limit here in Delaware. There is an unkept railroad crossing near my home and it would nearly snap my neck if I crossed it at more than 30MPH. When I crossed it today I could hardly believe how the progressive springs and 2.2 shocks handled the crossing. I actually made a circle and blew over it at 50MPH just for kicks. Great job guys. This lift is a fantastic combo......Marko

mreeves28xx

mreeves28xx's Reviews
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Price: $369.95
Pros: Easy Installation
Cons: Some drilling
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed in 5 hours w/ father. Never done one before, but went easier than expected. Rides good not much different than stock. Wish I bought the Adj track bar but other than that it is a good lift.

sdenome
sdenome's Reviews
08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Pros: Easy Install
Cons: Not fond of the coil spacers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent lift for the money.

stick69

stick69's Reviews
08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Cheap and easy to install
Cons: Not a long arm kit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit was great for the money and had plenty of room for my 33's

Keithinnc

Keithinnc's Reviews
07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Pros: price, bolt-on, arrived with boxes intact and clear instructions.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: first day rode a little stiff, after a couple of days on the road it seemed to loosen up. I completed the lift with Wild Country 33 12.5 x 15. Good smooth on-road.

MaulCrawler

MaulCrawler's Reviews
07-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Pros: Very affordable for the wheeler on a budget.
Cons: A little stiff at first but not really a problem,its a jeep its not made to ride like a lexus.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hard to beat the price and apparently the quality has gotten alot better than it used to be.Top notch customer service and with a 10% JF discount its hard not to give it a try.

jeepfreak4x4
jeepfreak4x4's Reviews
07-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Pros: Easy to install - Smooth ride overall - Don't let the name mislead you.
Cons: Printed black and white directions w/ pictures really made time challenging. Front TRACK BAR relocation concept!!! Spend the money, and get an adjustable. I didn't care for the directions of drilling a new hole .75" over. This didn't correct anything.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall the lift went in w/o any complications. The lift its self didn't provide any grief, but my jeep was another story. The springs fit perfectly in the perch(s) w/ a spring compressor, and the spacers slipped on w/ a small spray of silicone lube. Shocks do a great job of dampening the ride, and the 2.2 stabilizer makes the straight line a true straight line. The rear trackbar relocation went in w/o any complication either. I installed quick discos, but dont really care for them. The set that came w/ the kit are "dog legged", and they lined up w/ the axle and the sway bar much cleaner.
Once I installed an adjustable BDS from track bar, my quick discos lined up better (not perfect).
Overall - I am happy w/ the lift, and for the money it works as expected.

00tjtyler

00tjtyler's Reviews
07-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Price: $377.00
Pros: good cheep lift
Cons: no yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good lift on a tight budget

rusty-rubi

rusty-rubi's Reviews
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Pros: Easy Install Nice Ride
Cons: Track Bar Instructions for Rubicon seem to be off a bit, still working on that one.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just completed an install of my RC 3.25" kit.

Jeffery was great to deal with and the kit shipped quickly and was complete except for one sway bar link, which was shipped as soon as I called them.

The kit was easy to install and the instructions were very straight forward and easy to follow. The only complications I had were due to rust. One shock tower bolt would not come off and had to cut it. A rear shock mount bolt broke off and I had to drill and tap it. This was after several days of PB Blaster in preparation. My jeeps have been more rusty than most due to the harsh northern Michigan winters and salt. I would definitely advise everyone to spray on some sort of rust treatment in advance for any work under a Jeep.

I have a 2004 Rubicon. It really only lifted my Jeep about 2.5", which is fine with me. It took out the sag I had in the front due to my winch and leveled everything up. I think my lift may not have been a full 3.25" because the Rubicon's springs are stiffer than regular TJ's. Although there is some debate on that point. I think the ride is noticeable better than stock, very happy with that. I have not noticed any vibs or wobbles.

My only complaint is that it seems that my front axle is off center about 1/2". The passenger side sticks out about 3/4" and the driver side is in about 1/4". I am certain that I drilled the 3/4" track bar offset correctly. The original hole and the new hole don't leave any room for a third hole between them to correct the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? FOLLOW UP - I ended up getting an adjustable track bar to fix the issue.

One other problem I learned about. I am 99% sure the rear shocks they sold with my kit were too long. They kept bottoming out will little compression. I trashed a few lower shock mounts. They would not admit it. It was a few years after my purchase so I just bought new shorter shocks rather than argue with them and added real bump stops.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4