Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $369.95
Average Price: $355.19
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Kit Contents:
Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

Shocks: Includes (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Description:
This suspension lift is designed to give your Jeep TJ optimal on and off-road performance with up to a 33 tire. It offers a perfect balance for a daily driver that also desires great off-road performance. These ride quality and performance gains are delivered by our new progressive rate coil springs combined with our Performance 2.2 shocks.

Benefits:
• Clears up to 33" tires.
• 100% bolt-on installation.
• Increased ground clearance.
• Kit contains 4 Performance 2.2 shocks.
• Levels the front with the rear of the Jeep.
• Springs are progressive rate for enhanced ride
quality.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

01blackout
01blackout's Reviews
10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: does everything i want it too very complete kit!
Cons: wish it had adjustable trac bars
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love this lift nothing but good things about it just wish it had adjustable trac bars with it or atleast a bracket for the front trac bar i hated drilling my mount over

RastaTJ

RastaTJ's Reviews
10-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy install, great lift and feel.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: yea, I got this a while back, been riding it for about 6 months, and its great!
At the beginning it was rough, but now that it has settled it feels much better.
Its still a Jeep , and you can feel every crack on the road. I also got the adj. track bar for the rear and the 1" MM to skip the t-case drop. Overall for the price, its the best deal out there!!

TJ_Jerry

TJ_Jerry's Reviews
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: good price ,easy install.
Cons: I haven't noticed any cons.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose this lift based on all of the comments from JF. Completely satisfied and would recommend this kit to anyone.

I had to use the TC drop kit due to vibes which was an easy fix.

I recently purchase a 99 TJ and plan to use this same kit for it.

townsman98
townsman98's Reviews
09-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Affordable - Fairly easy to install
Cons: Front Trac Bar relocation (per instructions) just shifted the offset of (1 inch) to the passenger side. Need to buy an adjustable Trac bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went with this lift because of price and ability to increase tire size. I was a bit disappointed with the front trac bar situation and got many different suggestions on the forums. Some people relocated the trac bar per instructions and had no problem and some didn't have to relocate at all. I relocated per instructions and now the front end is shifted about an inch to the passenger side. Plan to buy and adjustable front trac bar to solve problem. Otherwise, kit is complete, easy to install with minor drilling. Me and a friend (ex-mechanic) installed in about 6 hours. The ride is really nice compared to stock (and 2 inch spacer pucks). I've had no issues now after about 4 months with several off road trips.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Easy Install. Durable. Cheap
Cons: Spacers on top of springs
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Started with RC 2.5" suspension lift. Upgraded to the 3.25" by adding the spacers and Brake line relocation brackets that would normall come with the 3.25" kit.

khamalian
khamalian's Reviews
08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Price: $333.00
Pros: Price is right! Great Service... Jeep rides better than stock... Jeepforum discount!
Cons: Installation manual could have been better...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift with my wife. This was a first for me, and I was able to get it done. Some challenges with compressing the springs... wound up using both a spring compressor and a strut compressor. Make sure you get do an alignment after the lift.

I am running this lift along with the 1.25 BL and 1" MML. No vibes and no transfer case drop!

I'm running BF Goodrich All Terrain T/As 35x12.5x15 - on Soft 8s 15x8. Tires fit fine. This is my daily driver, and my off roading is VERY mild.

Rellyynn
Rellyynn's Reviews
08-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: nice and nothing bad yet
Cons: nothing why am i fillin this out lol
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very nice no cons yet!

NYGLT56

Your Local Body Builder
NYGLT56's Reviews
06-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Price: $454.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: a little sag
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its alright for the price. From jeffery i got the kit with a BL for 454 shipped.

sanchagrins

sanchagrins's Reviews
06-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: No adjustable track bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for the price. Easy installation, and allowed me to clear 33" tires with ease. I would have liked it to come with an adjustable track bar though. I had no problems with sagging springs, or leaking shocks to date. At this point I have been running kit for over a year and done both light and moderate wheeling.

not-a-6
not-a-6's Reviews
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Pros: very complete kit
Cons: directions are a litttle unclear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have had this lift on my jeep for 1 month and i am still very satisfied with its performance and handling.

mpoo1083
mpoo1083's Reviews
05-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: looks great, rides nice
Cons: just an entry level kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: seems like an entry level lift, using stock control arms and such, but it rides nice to me. was a pretty easy install, looks great with the 33 inch tires

spretzel23
spretzel23's Reviews
05-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Price: $416.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good and easy to install. I have not yet had the chance to test it though.

heethern
heethern's Reviews
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Nice ride. As good as factory if not better
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift I have is actually a 3.75 lift kit but it was not listed in the selections. 2.5 suspension + 1.25 body. Just have the suspension on right now.

mstlaurent4
mstlaurent4's Reviews
04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Price: $369.95
Pros: Price. Matches excellent with a body lift.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was a breeze. Spray all bolts down the day before and keep a little dish soap handy for the spacers and you're good to go.

MJOHRLING
MJOHRLING's Reviews
04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Pros: 33's fit nice
Cons: Want 35's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only had it fo 2 weeks will keep updating!

HighupLowdown
HighupLowdown's Reviews
03-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Price: $369.00
Pros: Rides closer to stock than you would think. Good price. Looks good. Installed fairly easy.
Cons: Install instructions were a bit inacurate. Springs are super heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: High quality parts. Make sure you purchase the adjustable track bar for the front. Prevents having to drill new holes. My right rear upper shock mount bolts (13mm) snapped when taking out the old shocks which made the install tougher, but that has nothing to do with the rough country kit. All in all, I like the kit. This is my first so I can't really compare it.

1980ranger
1980ranger's Reviews
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Price: $298.00
Pros: Easy to install ride as good or better than stock.
Cons: Did not come with extended for sway bar links
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides very good and was very easy to install. I really like the performance 2.2 shocks they smooth out the bumps very well. Great lift for 33" tires at a great price.

1980ranger
1980ranger's Reviews
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Price: $298.00
Pros: Easy to install ride as good or better than stock.
Cons: Did not come with extended for sway bar links
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides very good and was very easy to install. I really like the performance 2.2 shocks they smooth out the bumps very well. Great lift for 33" tires at a great price.

AFjeepMan

AFjeepMan's Reviews
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Pros: Great and easy install
Cons: not a level stance, but that's not a biggy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product from R.C., and the 2.2 shocks are a huge and needed upgrade over the hydro 8000's or nitro 9000's!

mwmoon

mwmoon's Reviews
12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Price: $360.00
Pros: affordable; easy to install; very nice ride; provides advertised clearance (and maybe even a bit more); and as a bonus (on my Jeep at least), did not require the transfer case drop that came with the kit
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have almost no mechanical knowledge, and yet I was comfortable enough to install the kit with an immense amount of help from my uncle and a friend. I couldn't have done it myself the first time, but I feel like I could definitely install this kit on my own now that I've had some help.

The kit provides exactly the clearance it advertised, and I can't tell a difference between how the Jeep rides now and how it did when it was stock.

The Jeep looks good with the 31" tires it had on it, and I can't wait to see how the 33" tires will look when they go on tomorrow.

The kit comes with a transfer case drop, but I did not install it until I drove the Jeep to see if it had any vibes as a result of the lift. It did not, so I did not install the drop. So far, so good.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this product. I hope I feel the same way when it gets some on- and off-road miles on it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »