Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $369.95
Average Price: $355.19
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Kit Contents:
Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

Shocks: Includes (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Description:
This suspension lift is designed to give your Jeep TJ optimal on and off-road performance with up to a 33 tire. It offers a perfect balance for a daily driver that also desires great off-road performance. These ride quality and performance gains are delivered by our new progressive rate coil springs combined with our Performance 2.2 shocks.

Benefits:
Clears up to 33" tires.
100% bolt-on installation.
Increased ground clearance.
Kit contains 4 Performance 2.2 shocks.
Levels the front with the rear of the Jeep.
Springs are progressive rate for enhanced ride
quality.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

mynameislarry

mynameislarry's Reviews
05-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: cheap and great for price
Cons: crap instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift for the money. gives you flexability with your build as its a basic lift, so that meens you can mix and match other parts all you want. im enjoying it so far, just a bit of a stiff ride

oitprichard
oitprichard's Reviews
04-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Easy install, looks great with 33's,
Cons: Rough ride so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed this lift last week by myself in about 8-9 hours. It looks great with my new 33" KM2's. Install went real quick. I've never done anything this mechanical in my life, so it was a great learning experience. I had some air tools which was a HUGE help! I ended up dropping the front lower control arms to fit the springs in, which was super easy to do. I didn't want to mess with a spring compressor. The ride is pretty rough, but the lift is new so I'm sure it'll settle a bit. Besides, if I wanted a nice ride, I'd have bought a Caddy! I got the adjustable front track bar because I wasn't interested in just redrilling the bracket to center the axel.

whitelightning0
whitelightning0's Reviews
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Very easy installation, good price and minimal adjustments
Cons: so far so good, still need to get an alignment.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I received this RC 3.25'' lift and it turned out to be really easy to install. I actually received 3.25'' of lift like they said. I've read that many lifts don't come with actually promising results but this one did. Great deal and smooth ride.

williamellison
williamellison's Reviews
04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: All around AWESOME
Cons: installation was a pain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Aside from installation, the lift could not be any better.

jimbo2412
jimbo2412's Reviews

04-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Price: $369.00
Pros: Price, Quality
Cons: None So far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had this lift on for about 6-7 months and love it. Came from 2" budget pucks with stock shocks to this and is was wonderful. I was deff. stiff, but I like it. I only got about 2.5" probably because of front bumper and winch and rock guards. But overall very satisfied. Will buy from again.

Installed at same time:
RC 1.25" BL
M.O.R.E MML
RC Adj. Front Trac Bar.

JFcavedweller

JFcavedweller's Reviews
03-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Pros: very smooth ride on and off road, stable, great flex. the price is also good
Cons: (see below)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the kit is for the most part complete, though some accessories should not be optional, such as adj. track bar, since they don't have a front track bar relocation bracket like they have in the rear (comes with the kit). the kit calls for a new hole to be drilled, but its too close to the edge for comfort, and with TJs now being old, many of them could have issues with the mounts breaking.

the progressive rate springs and performance 2.2 shocks are awesome, its a much better ride on any terrain. even though its 2.5" lift springs with .75" spacers, the flex is impressive when the front sway bar is disconnected. it easily accommodates 33" tires like the 4" kits.

2003RubiBlue
2003RubiBlue's Reviews
03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: cheap, complete kit, rides pretty good.
Cons: Needed to replace shocks after a few months.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the kit last summer and installed it then. The instructions were pretty good. The install took all of one day. I had to replace the shocks even after RC sent me a free second pair for the rear. The customer service at RC is fantastic. I would buy the kit again.

d12345
d12345's Reviews
03-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Price: $468.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: Didn't get full 3.25" of lift, just about 2.5"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a 2003 rubicon and I as I said I only gained about 2.5" of lift. The install itself was pretty easy, of course air tools helped a lot.The price was the first thing I looked at when choosing this lift. I don't plan on doing any hardcore wheeling, just wanted a lift that would let me clear 33s. After the install was complete I didn't realize until the next day that the front axle had shifted to the passenger side, not uncommon. I did redrill a new hole for the track bar which didnt't fix the problem. I might be getting an adjustable track bar soon and a 1.25" body lift to help me get the lift I wanted. I would recommend for the price, but if I'd known I'd only get 2.5" of lift and the have to buy a body lift, I probably would have gone with a different kit.

cam100
cam100's Reviews
03-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: right price good review like the shocks!
Cons: no control arms or disconnects =(
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good well i think the best budget lift you can ask for easy to upgrade and plenty of flex not a bad set up and have heard a lot of positive reviews so far! but u have to maintain it check the bolts use some kind of contact glue to lock the blots just common sense stuff

thwok
thwok's Reviews
03-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Price: $369.99
Pros: Quality parts, fast shipping.
Cons: Vague instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The instructions were a little vague in some areas. "May or may not need spring compressors". I definitely had use them. But overall this was a great product and fun install.

quadcrazed26
quadcrazed26's Reviews
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: great fit and great ride
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far so good. i really like

Jeepnation
Jeepnation's Reviews
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy to put on, great customer service
Cons: somewhat of a rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A rougher ride than I thought because I assumed the Progressive Springs were going in but was kinda let down.

Superjeep795

Superjeep795's Reviews
02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: shocks too long and busted
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good lift for the price, kinda rough but my shocks are broken so its your call, overall its a capable lift for moderate wheeling

TigerSpeed

TigerSpeed's Reviews
01-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy Install, great price
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had this kit installed with the spacers only in the front for about 6 months now. No sagging springs yet and ride quality is great (almost stock feeling).

stevede77
stevede77's Reviews
01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Price: $369.95
Pros: handles great
Cons: 2.2 shocks are a little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gained more height than the claimed 3.25". It also took alot longer than the instructions suggested for insatll time...8hrs. Overall it looks great and rides/handles well too. For how much the kit sells for it is very complete. Would suggest an adjustable front track bar and quick disconects for the front sway bar.

stevede77
stevede77's Reviews
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Price: $369.95
Pros: Gained a bit more than advertised. Still handles great. great lift for the price
Cons: 2.2 Shocks are a tad stiffer than stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gained a bit more than advertised. Still handles great. great lift for the price

a_springfield
a_springfield's Reviews
01-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: smoother than stock ride. cheap price
Cons: directions suck
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Hamms
Hamms's Reviews
12-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Pros: 2.2 series shocks progressive rate coil springs
Cons: coils are only 2.5 inches
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Clears 33's, rides like a jeep, and easy to install.

Jesses97sahara
Jesses97sahara's Reviews
12-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Price: $359.00
Pros: Good price good look easy install can fit 33x12.5
Cons: doesnt come with quick disconnect, trac bar relocation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like this product a lot. I would suggest it to anyone on a budget that wants to lift their tj. I would suggest buying adjustable trac bar and quick disconnects if they plan on wheeling a lot

pwo
pwo's Reviews
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Decent lift, with a low price.
Cons: had issues with the front right spring sliding off of the perch about a 1/4" or so. Very strange. Ride comfort is so-so.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent lift, with a low price.

Had issues with the front right spring sliding off of the perch about a 1/4" or so. Very strange.

Ride comfort is so-so.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last