Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 3.25" Progressive Coil/Spacer Kit for 97-06 TJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $369.95
Average Price: $355.19
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Kit Contents:
Front: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and transfer case drop kit.

Rear: 2.5" progressive rate coil springs, 0.75" poly isolator spacers, sway-bar links, and track bar drop bracket.

Shocks: Includes (4) RCX Performance 2.2 series shocks.

Description:
This suspension lift is designed to give your Jeep TJ optimal on and off-road performance with up to a 33 tire. It offers a perfect balance for a daily driver that also desires great off-road performance. These ride quality and performance gains are delivered by our new progressive rate coil springs combined with our Performance 2.2 shocks.

Benefits:
Clears up to 33" tires.
100% bolt-on installation.
Increased ground clearance.
Kit contains 4 Performance 2.2 shocks.
Levels the front with the rear of the Jeep.
Springs are progressive rate for enhanced ride
quality.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Burgataish
Build it dont buy it.
Burgataish's Reviews
03-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: easy install. all hardware included.
Cons: seemed to settle a little low but still good clearance .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ride quality isn't perfect but it gave me room for 33 12.50 15 tires with no rubbing. i opted for the RC 2.2 shocks after reading some reviews and i like the shocks. I also got braided extended brake lines just in case and used them.

tightjibbs
tightjibbs's Reviews
03-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Recommended by mechanic
Cons: 35" tires will rub on tight turns
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I do like the basic lift. Great for a daily user rig. Off road is good too. Not much for crawling

jcandrepont
jcandrepont's Reviews

01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Price: $369.00
Pros: Price, Quality, Customer Service
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? No

Comments: I ordered the kit before Christmas. Dave was great help from Rough Country. The lift arrived within 2 days and all parts were in the box. I have owned 3 other vehicles with Rough Country lifts and have always been pleased. I am ready to put the lift to use on the trails.

danromaine
danromaine's Reviews
12-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great price and customer service
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Jeep is a DD highway rig. I use it lightly for off road. The kit was great, had everything needed to lift it. Just remember there is a lot of other things to do once you lift your Jeep.

Baitcher1
Baitcher1's Reviews
12-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Price: $3.65
Pros: great price
Cons: axle off centered
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheaply made but can't beat the price. I have not had any major problems just the typical lift problems. the kit should really include bump stop extenders as well as an adjustable track bar.

tmoutlaw97
tmoutlaw97's Reviews
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: easy install, other than a few bolts had it put in within two afterwork noghts of labor.
Cons: several packages of bolts, none of which were labelled so it was a little confusing figuring out which bolts went to what parts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift at a great price. Gave the desired look without the crazy cost. Only needed to rent a coil compressor to put it into my jeep. Would do again without hesitation

TJNINJA04
TJNINJA04's Reviews
07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Price: $269.99
Pros: nice ride height, good flex, easy install
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose this lift kit because i wanted a good amount of lift but nothing crazy since its my daily driver, and i want to upgrade to 33"s soon and this kit is made for em, i do a decent amount of wheeling and its good for rocks, mud, dirt trails, i haven't had any problems with this kit so far and hope it continues to perform well.

gallawayx
gallawayx's Reviews
07-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Pros: cheap reliable product
Cons: a little rough but it is a jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Jhkinin
Jhkinin's Reviews

06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Pros: Value priced, good customer service, 90% complete (bump stop extensions would make kit complete)
Cons: Was short two 3/4" spacers from original shipment. RC promptly shipped to my house with no questions. On a side note; I never had plans of using the rear spacers so this was a non issue for me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just finished installing this lift on a '05 TJ Sport 4.0 Auto; bought directly from RC and was $400 delivered. Kit arrived quickly but was missing 1 pair of the 3/4" spacers. A quick call to RC, no questions asked; three days later the spacers were delivered at no charge to me. Directions are okay but better detail on images would help. I decided to leave out the rear spacers because I have a Warn 8274 up front and wanted to eliminate the rake. I had a upper shock bolt on each rear shock break and one transfer case bolt spin which required grinding to remove. I was able to complete the alignment and correct the steering wheel on my own. I was hoping to avoid the transfer case drop but the vibes were too bad. Final lift gain was 3 3/4" up front and 3" in rear; leaving out the rear spacers gave me a perfectly level stance. Rides slightly better than stock but will test at Pismo soon. At this point the lift is economical and functional. It would be nice if bump extensions were included. I did the entire lift alone and without a spring compressor.
Thanks RC

Richs00TJ
Richs00TJ's Reviews

06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Price: $390.00
Pros: Everything was neatly packaged. Fast delivery.
Cons: Instructions a bit....Iffy if you will, dificult to understand. just be sure to really read and the reread the instructions before you tear into your Jeep.
Recommended? No

Comments: Good product overall no issues with the items as of yet. You'll need spring compressors. Installation took a bit longer than instructions but I have a IL Jeep so 99.9% of all my hardware was fused together so new hardware was needed in most spots. The shocks seem a bit weak so my plans are to replace them in a few months. Live and learn with this stuff, with this kit being my first lift I'm glad I went with RC the price alone was well worth it. And with being the kit that it is everything that I am looking at to upgrade is easily compatible with this kit. I also installed a RC 1.25 BL with this kit I EASILY run 33s with just a bit of rubbing at full left turn. Overall it's a good kit best priced. I hope they work on the instructions a bit to clear some of it up. Eg. better pictures

Baitcher1
Baitcher1's Reviews
06-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Price: $369.95
Pros: Rides great, gives the jeep a great stance and you can't beat the price.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got it installed today by The Jeep Hut in Jasper GA. They did a great job and the lift is amazing. I drove about an hour home on both highway and back roads and the lift performed excellent. I haven't taken it off road yet but I am positive it will be a vast improvement on the stock suspension.

twatsonkw
twatsonkw's Reviews
06-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Pros: Easy install
Cons: Rear track bar relocation bracket did not fit my Jeep. Body shop may have altered the bracket on my rear end a few years ago.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rapid delivery was nice. Install was pretty easy. Recommend getting a coil compressor although I think the front can be done without one if you drop the front drive shaft. Rear was no problem at all. You will need an alignment for sure. Great ride and got full desired lift.

RemoteTrax
RemoteTrax's Reviews
01-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: All parts are sent in kit form. It is fairly easy to install.
Cons: It's a lower budget lift kit, not a real high end lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you want a lift kit to meet your lower budget, this one fits the bill. It was fairly easy to install and all the necessary parts were in the kit. It probably does not use the highest grade material, but it works well for my use of light off road use.

Davetopay
Davetopay's Reviews

07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Price: $340.00
Pros: Great flex, great ride, great price.
Cons: A couple little hiccups in the instructions, and you will not see the full 3.25" on an LJ with armor.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have roughly 8-10k miles on the kit since we did the install in April. There was nothing missing from the kit, and the most important parts of the instructions were simple enough to follow.

On an auto trans LJ we found that you do need to drop the trans skid to get full droop as the front drive shaft will make contact.

Even when compressing the springs( we had to use paired ratchet straps) they were a tight fit to get seated in the spring buckets.

I went with an adjustable track bar rather than drill a new hole.

On the LJ Rubi, there was no need to use the t-case drop kit, which really amounted to no more than some bodylift pucks and longer bolts.

Plan to move your bump stops on your own to be able to stuff tires with out heavy rubbing.

I netted just over 3.00", but not quite 3.25"....I do have bumpers/highlift/tools on the Jeep.

On road the ride is firm yet compliant. No excess body roll using the stock sway bar with the included extended links. Yaw and pitch is controlled and feels like it is less prevalent than with the factory shocks and springs.

Off road while disconnected I have great flex and rebound is nicely controlled by the 2.2 shocks( no leaks, no issues, valved nicely). The springs do not come unseated at full droop on factory control arms. I would suggest checking brake line length making sure that they do not go taut at full droop. You will see more droop with an aftermarket control arm as the factory pieces will bind against the mounts at full extension.

I drive A LOT and have not seen any noticeable settling or loss of lift. I get out on mid blue to black trails at least once a month, maybe more often if time allows, and have been very impressed with the quality, durability, and function of this basic lift.

Future plans include a 1.25" body lift with 1"MML, possibly a tummy tuck, and adjustable arms....just don't know which ones yet.

Great product for a mid level weekend warrior on a budget whoc wants to maintain good street manners.

2Lifted4U
2Lifted4U's Reviews
07-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Great look at a good price!
Cons: Not so good directions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the look of my jeep with this lift kit and if I had to decide again, I would install the same lift. I really just wish the instructions were easier to understand.

boxjeep
boxjeep's Reviews
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: cheap lift on a budget
Cons: shocks replace the shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you r looking for a bouncy ride on a cheap budget this is your kit...i will admit shock aren't worth it but customer service is top notch had a problem with the transfer case mount bracket and they shipped it overnight for me...

Woodcock1187
Woodcock1187's Reviews
03-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Price: $502.45
Pros: like the way it sits. still waiting to try it out
Cons: haven't found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good lift at a good price.

PowerlineTJ
PowerlineTJ's Reviews
02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Price: $349.00
Pros: Great easy to install lift.
Cons: No real cons as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This suspension lift is designed to give your Jeep TJ optimal on and off-road performance with up to a 33 tire. It offers a perfect balance for a daily driver that also desires great off-road performance. These ride quality and performance gains are delivered by our new progressive rate coil springs combined with our Performance 2.2 shocks.

Skeets682

Skeets682's Reviews
01-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Nice look, includes RC 2.2 shocks
Cons: none so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was installed on my jeep when I bought it. Gives me the look I want, and capability I want. (For now!)

dustinGERSTEL
dustinGERSTEL's Reviews
01-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Price: $379.95
Pros: Awesome Ride Quality, great travel
Cons: Not a big fan of coil spacers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit is awesome on and off road, the ride quality is smooth and responsive on pavement, off road, the ride is still responsive. Going through the wash in deep sand, you can still get the wheels to dig in and grab without bouncing out of whoops and washboard.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last