Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $305.00
Average Price: $195.24
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 25 / No: 1

Lift kit that levels front and rear of vehicle (JK). 2.5" in front; 2" in rear. This is a spacer lift or budget boost style of lift kit using the existing springs and shocks. Designed for using 33" tires (up to 285/75 R17 or 34x11.5 17).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

bradgardener
bradgardener's Reviews
02-24-2014, 03:26 AM
Price: $149.95
Pros: easy install. Looks great. Helpful instructions.
Cons: Some instructions are confusing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Easy install. Would have been a day project, but I snapped the bolt holding the rear bump stop in place. A couple steps in the instructions were confusing but overall quick and easy.

monsterjeep2
monsterjeep2's Reviews
08-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Price: $245.00
Pros: Simple to install keep factory ride
Cons: Had to buy new factory coil insulator to go with it in front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install tough and cheap for the everyday driver.

traveler57

traveler57's Reviews
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Best bang for your buck
Cons: You easily know why a full lift is always going to perform better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: as an entry level lift at a reasonable price, this kit was perfect. A budget boost is just that, BUDGET. It installed easily, and the ride is the same as factory. it does give me a true 2.5" lift. but when loaded with gear/canoes/kayaks or pulling my Overland Trailer you immediately know that you could really use new springs and shocks! but for a small fraction of the price of a true full lift kit, it does exactly what i wanted. at least for now.

trailriderGC06
trailriderGC06's Reviews
02-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Cost
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift was a very inexpensive way to change the appearance of your Grand Cherokee. It does not require any changes such as break lines, etc... The spacers for the front and rear are fairly east to install

dertyj689
dertyj689's Reviews
04-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Price: $320.00
Pros: gets those couple inches, super quick and easy to put on.
Cons: little rough, they stand to they're name at least!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for the looks, and ive used it quite a bit here in florida, but im in need of a few more inches. it handles well on the road and off the road, but is a little rough

Daedrinker
Daedrinker's Reviews
12-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Feels much better than my stock shocks. Better ride.
Cons: Dont know yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Feels much better than my stock shocks. Better ride.

Budasac

Budasac's Reviews
06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GReat product if you want A CHEAP LIFT.

tHeX

Jeep Connoisseur
tHeX's Reviews
04-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: progressive coils
Cons: buying arms
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect for running 31's with disconnects, you can handle alot with 2.5 and disconnects. And with the progressive coils, it rides awsome.

stubbornspot
stubbornspot's Reviews
12-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Looks great, high quality, steel spacers
Cons: Instructions, missing hardware
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look the look and the extra clearance. Not happy with the install. THe instructions were missing key info and I got no hardware for installing the included front brackets.

hcw3
hcw3's Reviews
09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: -inexpensive -great looks -well thought out -Shock relocators -Track bar relocator -Rear sway links
Cons: Iffy Instructions, crummy photos Mix of metric and standard fasteners
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is for the Series II kit, part#634. Got the look I was going for at a very reasonable price. Install took about 5 hours and was straight forward. I was impressed that they took the time to add some solid design to a budget product. I feel better that I sprang a few extra dollars for longer sway links and the trackbar relocator. Keeps things the way they should be.

I don't need a set of instructions to be the end-all, be-all, but I do expect them to be complete. Which these are not. they are missing step 9 entirely, typos everywhere, inconsistent labeling of bolt sizes, hard to decipher instruction photos. Missing torque specs for wheels and procedure for drag link adjustment, which should be included for completeness. Instructions are for basic kit only, individual pieces of series II kit have separate instructions. No note that you should re-use the rear sway links on the front when replacing the rears.

A mixture of metric and standard bolts are used. I would prefer all-metric.

Don't mean to bag here, generally very happy with what appears to be a very good product, just a couple areas in need of improvement.

NappiNunn
NappiNunn's Reviews
07-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Price: $139.95
Pros: more flex. looks good.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this on my JK. I can definitely tell a difference in the flex. Doesn't ride rough. Idd recommend it to anyone thinking of buying it.

NappiNunn
NappiNunn's Reviews
07-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Price: $139.95
Pros: more clearance and flex
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the 2.5in budget booster kit for what it was on sale for was a great buy. definitely would suggest. if you are looking to have a noticeable, but not outrageous upgrade. My JK rides just as smooth. idd give it a 10 out of 10

doliss
doliss's Reviews

07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Price: $179.99
Pros: very easy install good directions included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put this lift on my '09 wrangler last night. Very easy install. The directions list a 3-4 hour install time and it fits that time frame. Had a friend help me with the install. With dinner/beer break it took us just under 5 hours. I got the Series II kit from rough country (part #634). This kit includes the front and rear spring spacers, front and rear shock extension brackets, rear sway bar links (you move the stock rear links to the front after you finish the lift), rear brake line extension brackets, and a rear track bar extension bracket (when you put the lift on the bar moves off of center by a 1/4" and this bracket corrects that, a purely optional part but i went with it anyway)

Just a note on installing the rear track bar bracket. When bolting the bracket on and bolting the rear track bar onto the bracket I would suggest putting them in with the nuts to the rear of the vehicle. When you install the new rear sway bar links you have a small (3/8" to 1/2") clearence between where the new bracket sits and the top end of the new rear sway bar links. Switching the bolts around so the nut faces towards the rear of the vehicle gives a bit more clearence back there.

After the install realigning the draglink to center the steering wheel with the tires was very easy to do. Jeep drives fantastic, keeps the same stock feel, levels off the front and back, and looks great. With the 17" rubi wheels and 32" tires the lift looks perfect. I strongly suggest this lift for anyone just starting the process or wanting to add just a bit more space for larger tires

doliss
doliss's Reviews

06-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Price: $179.95
Pros: Very easy install, good directions included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put this lift on my '09 wrangler last night. Very easy install. The directions list a 3-4 hour install time and it fits that time frame. Had a friend help me with the install. With dinner/beer break it took us just under 5 hours. I got the Series II kit from rough country (part #634). This kit includes the front and rear spring spacers, front and rear shock extension brackets, rear sway bar links (you move the stock rear links to the front after you finish the lift), rear brake line extension brackets, and a rear track bar extension bracket (when you put the lift on the bar moves off of center by a 1/4" and this bracket corrects that, a purely optional part but i went with it anyway)

Just a note on installing the rear track bar bracket. When bolting the bracket on and bolting the rear track bar onto the bracket I would suggest putting them in with the nuts to the rear of the vehicle. When you install the new rear sway bar links you have a small (3/8" to 1/2") clearence between where the new bracket sits and the top end of the new rear sway bar links. Switching the bolts around so the nut faces towards the rear of the vehicle gives a bit more clearence back there.

After the install realigning the draglink to center the steering wheel with the tires was very easy to do. Jeep drives fantastic, keeps the same stock feel, levels off the front and back, and looks great. With the 17" rubi wheels and 32" tires the lift looks perfect. I strongly suggest this lift for anyone just starting the process or wanting to add just a bit more space for larger tires

TNeustadt

TNeustadt's Reviews

01-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Easy install, decent price, kept stock ride
Cons: Instructions could be a bit clearer, longer brake lines would be better than brackets.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed the kit by myself and without the use of spring compressor. (Had to disconnect trackbar in front, to be able to remove passenger side spring) The kit came complete with the rear trackbar bracket and longer rear sway bar links (then you put the stock rear links on the front) Good kit for the price, results were good also. It was a bit hard to pull the brake lines down enough to reach the new brackets,so be careful, that is why I would suggest longer brake lines in front (but then you'd have to bleed brake system, so I guess the brackets do keep it simple) Overall ride is good, Lift height looks good too. Morris 4x4 has the kit for $180 RC-634

rhynotyme
rhynotyme's Reviews
01-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Inexpensive but a solid product
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have'nt tried much yet. Seems to ride and handle well on the road so far though.

jarrelm
jarrelm's Reviews
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Easy install, retains factory springs for nice ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: spacers and bumpstops were an easy install. Gives a nice lift and great for 33's

MattJK09
MattJK09's Reviews
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Price: $153.00
Pros: Easy to install and did what I needed it to do for the type of driving I will do.
Cons: Should have come with the rear trackbar relocation bracket.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Two thumbs up!

jmacwrangler
jmacwrangler's Reviews
10-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Able to fit 35's, Very easy to install, The Price
Cons: Fells like a stiffer ride, more susceptible to the death wobble, good idea to buy shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy to install but without the tools you will find yourself spending 6-8 hours trying to install it (like I did) but overall it is very affordable lift that fits much larger tires.

SoCalJK

SoCalJK's Reviews
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Price: $226.00
Pros: Simple to install, sturdy
Cons: Should have bought the shocks with the kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit. If doing it again I would get a kit with shocks and adjustable track bar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last