Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Rough Country 2.5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $537.75
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 182 / No: 6
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Spring Lift Kit. Consists of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t-case spacers. Optional matching steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 6 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

VegasMatt

VegasMatt's Reviews
01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very reasonably priced, much better articulation. Shocks seem sturdy
Cons: DO NOT ATTEMPT INSTALL WITHOUT A SPRING COMPRESSOR. Not really a con though
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Called RC, and got this shipped for $300. They threw in shock boots too. Raised the jeep slightly more than 2.5" but i imagine it will settle as time goes buy. The install will be 100x easier with a spring compressor, impact wrench, and a hearty dose of liquid wrench

nycnomad
nycnomad's Reviews
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Pros: Decent kit, good shocks, nice powder coated springs.
Cons: I wish it had come with sway bar links since the old ones didn't fit any more.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was fairly complete, with the exception of needing to buy sway bar links after the originals wouldn't fit. Tech support was great, the install documentation was ok. Took the better part of a day to install.

TheHeretic

Kool Kat 4x4
TheHeretic's Reviews

12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Price: $315.00
Pros: Awesome, simply awesome. Everything went together is it should. No problems what so ever.
Cons: The only issue is the instructions. Would have been nice if the instructions had included what to do if the gear shift had an issue shifting into any gears because of the T-Case drop. An easy fix, but should have been included in the Troubleshooting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install went very well. I highly recommend using Strut compressors. Many have indicated that the Struct compressors are safer to use then Spring compressors. Either way, the strut compressors saved SEVERAL hours of what would have been sheer hell. Another thing, MAKE SURE you get the spring in the spring pocket. Before installing, if you have to, photograph where the current springs sit and where the spring pocket is located for each location, before removing them. Although both the drivers, and passenger's side spring pocket is located at the bottom of the spring perch, the drivers side is far easier to spot then the passenger's. At least it was that way for me.

IF you have issues changing gears after installing the T-Case drop kit included with the kit... for me it was 2,4,6,R...all the gears that were located at the bottom of the shift pattern. First thing is to check that the piece of plastic that retains the shift boot on your shifter. Take it off, then check the shifter for free movement. If your shifter does't come in contact with anything with the shift boot retainer removed, then you will have to profile the plastic plate until your shifters movement is no longer impeded. You may also have to trim back the metal on the base of the 'leather' shift boot, as the metal there may also cause interference.

BTW, P.B. Blaster, or any other penetrent will mean the difference to a smooth install, and several hours of drilling, and re-taping holes. Take your time, plan ahead before you do it, make sure all the parts are there BEFORE you start. I had no issues, because I took my sweet time, and reapplied penetrent to EACH bolt as I was working on it. You will save no time by rushing.

Other then that, EXCELLENT product; which I expect from something made in North America

mikecrts

mikecrts's Reviews
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Great!!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a great lift for the price and looks to be of great quality.

AustinCJer

u mad, bro?
AustinCJer's Reviews
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Pros: Good price, easy install!
Cons: For the price, I dont have a single issue.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Even though I only have an '04 TJ, my rear shock bolts were completely rusted through and broke in half while removing them. Ended up costing me a bit to have a shop cut them out of the frame, so that I could install the new shocks. Aside from that expense, a jack, jack stands, a few tools, case of beer, a few hours, and a buddy, and it wouldnt have cost me anymore than the kit.

$300 was kit + Stabalizer w/shipping.

MULIEFEVER
MULIEFEVER's Reviews
11-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Great value
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My jeep rides great after installing the lift! The steering stabilizer is a must! Great product!

Scott3249

Scott3249's Reviews
11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Cheap.
Cons: None that I can see.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was pretty easy to put on. I also got the 2.2 shocks and Performance 2.2 series replacement steering stabilizer. Rides better than stock. I did have to put on the T/case lowering kit, had a few vibes. Total install was about 4 hours.

drewtj05
drewtj05's Reviews
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Price/Customer Service
Cons: 2.2 Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit for someone who is on a tight budget, and looking for a good set of springs. Decent ride, but shocks stiff when going over bumps and normal street driving. Offroad the shocks seem to perform better. Overall good kit, but I would recommend getting the kit without the shocks and getting a set of quality shocks.

Yellowhammer

Yellowhammer's Reviews
10-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Price: $335.00
Pros: Affordable, taller lift than I was expecting, not complicated to install
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this lift from Jeffrey at RC for $335 shipping including. It was on my doorstep in two days. It is exactly what I was hoping for. My Jeep looks awesome and has performed great too. It really lifted my TJ much higher than I expected. Extended 2.2 Performance shocks were included and seem to be great. They are big, beefy shocks. The whole kit went on fairly easy, but I was working with an awesome mechanic. It would have taken me much longer without him. It took us only 2 hours. The ride is rough so far, but it's a Jeep, not a Mercedes. I used the t/c drop kit and I have no vibes. I bought the steering stabilizer with my kit and I'm glad I did. I have no wobble. The combination of the lift, steering stabilizer, and 33x10.50s has lifted me up quite a bit and made my steering VERY RESPONSIVE so jerking the steering wheel to dodge a deer or something in the road would be a very bad idea. I put this kit on a stock TJ with no problems and I didn't need anything that was not supplied with the kit. I'm not using a mml or bl. I'm only rubbing my sway bar and lower control arm at full lock on stock Gamblers with 33x10.50 BFG KMs. Get this kit!

APEDZ04LJ

APEDZ04LJ's Reviews
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Pros: Great lift
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome lift, thanks rcextreme

fortz
fortz's Reviews
10-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: cheap, excellent service
Cons: none yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent product. recommended. great service, high quality item. great starter lift kit at an affordable price

mud2rock
mud2rock's Reviews
10-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: good for the jeep thats needs a small lift
Cons: no complains as of now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good for the jeep that needs a lil lift for maybe 33's or smaller. fit my 32'' m/t perfect.

Rjsimms

Rjsimms's Reviews
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Pros: Great product. Easy install. Better ride than stock
Cons: Should have mentioned that when installing the transfer case skid lowering kit, that the shift linkage might need adjusting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Easy install. Better ride than stock. Should have mentioned that when installing the transfer case skid lowering kit, that the shift linkage might need adjusting.

jeepfanatic
jeepfanatic's Reviews
08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Pros: great flex
Cons: 2.2 shocks... I have two that are bleeding slowly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I removed my sway bars and have amazing flex.... plus I was able to keep it low and still fit 33's!

bfraser9655
bfraser9655's Reviews
08-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: this really makes the jeep look so much better.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this really makes the jeep look so much better.

this lift is real easy to put in and makes a world of difference. dont think about it just buy it.

BlackRuby06

BlackRuby06's Reviews
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Price: $269.99
Pros: easy install, great price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great kit for the price. haven't tested it out yet but the install was straight forward and easy to do with basic tools. it can be completed in an afternoon with 2 people

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Great suspension system for the price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the 2.5" suspension lift with the dual performance steering stabilizers and rear trackbar bracket installed for $800 plus tax. The 2.2 series shocks are really heavy duty units. Rides great. Got about 2.75" lift in the front and 1.75" in the rear. Sits more level now than before. All around great system from those that really only want to go with 33" tires.

emohn
emohn's Reviews
08-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Price: $299.95
Pros: Quality construction, decent ride, good fit n' finish
Cons: Shipped with longer rear shocks, which may be an issue at some point
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very pleased overall with the lift kit for the price. Shipped fast and arrived as described. I may eventually change out the rear shocks for shorter Rancho 5000's with roughly the same travel to prevent from bottoming out the RC shocks.

Chaser4383
Chaser4383's Reviews

08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Handles like a Model T, Causes Death Wobble
Recommended? No

Comments: This lift was nice for about 3000 cuz i though it was still in the breaking in stage. 6000 miles later it still handles like a model t with no suspension and i do believe it is the cause for my death wobble. I will be taking it off soon and replacing it with a 3.5 rubicon express lift kit

TheSherp

TheSherp's Reviews

07-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Pros: Complete kit, cheap kit to test the waters of off roading on.
Cons: ??????
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install. Great kit to start out with if your not wanting to dive in head first on a long arm kit.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last