Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Rough Country 2.5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $545.00
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 177 / No: 6
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Spring Lift Kit. Consists of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t-case spacers. Optional matching steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

jeeprenegadeaz
jeeprenegadeaz's Reviews
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: great lift great price
Cons: none right now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if ur looking for a good lift for a resonable price get it

aubieron
aubieron's Reviews
04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Easy Installation. Complete kit with easily understood instructions.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this kit from Morris 4x4. Easily better pricing than Quadratec, and they offer Military discounts, big plus! Excellent customer service and overnite delivery.

2003wranglerRHD
2003wranglerRHD's Reviews
04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: love the ride alot of flex
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive had the kit in for 4 months and love it

Pandl
Pandl's Reviews
04-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good lift. It is very simple to install.

tjFREEDOMjeep
tjFREEDOMjeep's Reviews

04-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Price: $335.00
Pros: the ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install great quality huge ride improvement with no problems

mjk65
mjk65's Reviews
04-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was on a tight budget due to college, and wanted some lift. Its a DD so I didn't want to go huge, but enough to clear some bigger tires than the stockers that came on it. It gets the job done as long as you aren't used to riding in a cady.

bmweseman
bmweseman's Reviews
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Everything!! From my research this has been the lift kit for the beginner on up! Flex is great! Handling manners are great too.
Cons: Sent the wrong shocks in the rear. But hopefully that will be fixed in a few days. (good thread by the way)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered the 2.5 lift kit with progressive springs and the 2.2 shocks. I added on the .75 BL and upgraded the steering stabalizer. When I recieved this lift kit I was living in an apartment at the time. So not only did I need a place to install It had to be fairly quick (due to the other tennants complaining about working on cars in the parking lot).
I read through the instructions and went and rented a spring compressor at schucks and I was on my way! This was the first time that iv'e ever done anything like this, but I had no hiccups! I got it done in one night by myself after the manager left for the evening.
As far as functionality it was more than I expected. A quick disconnect of the front and rear sway bars and up into the hills I went. My buddy wanted to take me to a place that was dug out by heavy machinery and my jeep looked like a cartoon walking through the dig outs.
Road handling is just fine (its a jeep).
Overall this company has had great customer service that produces a product that is above expectations. They definately have a customer for life.

lam4eks

lam4eks's Reviews
04-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: easy to install
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took me and a buddy 4 hours to install. That included 30 minutes for lunch.

prushinfox
prushinfox's Reviews
03-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Can't think of any.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rear shock mounts were a pain on my XJ.

dickieboy417
dickieboy417's Reviews
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Cheap compared to comparable lifts, Directions were easy to follow and easy to install.
Cons: Didn't come with extensions for bumpstops. And the rear shocks don't have much room on them before they will bottom out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I needed new shocks and springs seeming as the original ones on my jeep were beginning to sag and the ride was rough (yeah I know it is a jeep). The rough country lift was easy to put on (did it all myself with hand tools) and I love it. I got about 3 inches from the lift and my ride is actually softer than it was before. Overall great lift for the money.

whitetj
whitetj's Reviews
02-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Pros: easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: rough country 2 1/2 lift kit is great for daily drivers, and weekend adventures. you get the best of both worlds you still do you daily driving from work to just hang out friends, but you need to get adventures you dont have to worry about anything just jump in and do it

JNWalrath
JNWalrath's Reviews
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Good Price, Easy to Install
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice lift. good for those on a budget. It's my first lift on my TJ and i'm really happy with it! Really simple install, and went on in under 2 hours! Good ride quality (a little stiff, but makes it feel like a 4x4).

Superjeep795

Superjeep795's Reviews
02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Price: $305.00
Pros: cheap, so far sitting at about 3.5"
Cons: wrong shocks sent, they are too long
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice lift kit for the price, the guys at rough country are great besides the shock problem i cant complain

Nashirak

Nashirak's Reviews
01-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Great price Great material quality Ride comparable to stock
Cons: Have to order small stuff seperately (bumpstop extensions, track bar reloc bracket, etc)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Despite having to order a couple small pieces seperately (which only adds about $50), this is a great kit, especially for the money. I love the ride so far, and the initial impression of the materials was excellent.

I highly recommend this kit.

bigeasy

bigeasy's Reviews
01-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Easy Install
Cons: Don't know yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For a do it your selfer it was somewhat easy to install. The Jeep rides better than stock. For the price its not a bad product.

VegasMatt

VegasMatt's Reviews
01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Pros: Very reasonably priced, much better articulation. Shocks seem sturdy
Cons: DO NOT ATTEMPT INSTALL WITHOUT A SPRING COMPRESSOR. Not really a con though
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Called RC, and got this shipped for $300. They threw in shock boots too. Raised the jeep slightly more than 2.5" but i imagine it will settle as time goes buy. The install will be 100x easier with a spring compressor, impact wrench, and a hearty dose of liquid wrench

nycnomad
nycnomad's Reviews
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Pros: Decent kit, good shocks, nice powder coated springs.
Cons: I wish it had come with sway bar links since the old ones didn't fit any more.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was fairly complete, with the exception of needing to buy sway bar links after the originals wouldn't fit. Tech support was great, the install documentation was ok. Took the better part of a day to install.

TheHeretic

Kool Kat 4x4
TheHeretic's Reviews

12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Price: $315.00
Pros: Awesome, simply awesome. Everything went together is it should. No problems what so ever.
Cons: The only issue is the instructions. Would have been nice if the instructions had included what to do if the gear shift had an issue shifting into any gears because of the T-Case drop. An easy fix, but should have been included in the Troubleshooting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install went very well. I highly recommend using Strut compressors. Many have indicated that the Struct compressors are safer to use then Spring compressors. Either way, the strut compressors saved SEVERAL hours of what would have been sheer hell. Another thing, MAKE SURE you get the spring in the spring pocket. Before installing, if you have to, photograph where the current springs sit and where the spring pocket is located for each location, before removing them. Although both the drivers, and passenger's side spring pocket is located at the bottom of the spring perch, the drivers side is far easier to spot then the passenger's. At least it was that way for me.

IF you have issues changing gears after installing the T-Case drop kit included with the kit... for me it was 2,4,6,R...all the gears that were located at the bottom of the shift pattern. First thing is to check that the piece of plastic that retains the shift boot on your shifter. Take it off, then check the shifter for free movement. If your shifter does't come in contact with anything with the shift boot retainer removed, then you will have to profile the plastic plate until your shifters movement is no longer impeded. You may also have to trim back the metal on the base of the 'leather' shift boot, as the metal there may also cause interference.

BTW, P.B. Blaster, or any other penetrent will mean the difference to a smooth install, and several hours of drilling, and re-taping holes. Take your time, plan ahead before you do it, make sure all the parts are there BEFORE you start. I had no issues, because I took my sweet time, and reapplied penetrent to EACH bolt as I was working on it. You will save no time by rushing.

Other then that, EXCELLENT product; which I expect from something made in North America

mikecrts

mikecrts's Reviews
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Great!!
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a great lift for the price and looks to be of great quality.

AustinCJer

u mad, bro?
AustinCJer's Reviews
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Pros: Good price, easy install!
Cons: For the price, I dont have a single issue.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Even though I only have an '04 TJ, my rear shock bolts were completely rusted through and broke in half while removing them. Ended up costing me a bit to have a shop cut them out of the frame, so that I could install the new shocks. Aside from that expense, a jack, jack stands, a few tools, case of beer, a few hours, and a buddy, and it wouldnt have cost me anymore than the kit.

$300 was kit + Stabalizer w/shipping.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »