Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Rough Country 2.5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $537.75
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 182 / No: 6
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Spring Lift Kit. Consists of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t-case spacers. Optional matching steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

Utfan010
Utfan010's Reviews
12-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: awesome offroad, looks great!
Cons: stiff ride, but its a jeep.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: highly recommend this for someone on a budget or someone looking for a good sized lift but not too much

whatjeepthing
whatjeepthing's Reviews
12-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: great easy lift
Cons: a rough ride...but thats with any lift kid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was a great kit to add to my YJ. It was easy to instal. gave a great stance to the jeep. It allowed me to ride on 31x10.50 tires with great clearance.

Devonj17
Devonj17's Reviews
12-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: price
Cons: they shocks came the same color as spring
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good price and did the job

HARPERSEAL
HARPERSEAL's Reviews
12-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Price: $249.99
Pros: Nice
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks nice

slopoke36
slopoke36's Reviews
12-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Price: $580.00
Pros: Easy to put on.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to put on.

Bushings are a pain.

WBGV

WBGV's Reviews
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Easy to Install and rides great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install great ride and no vibes after 1"MML.

WBGV

WBGV's Reviews
11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Cheap easy to install and rides great.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only took four hours to install lift even with 2 broken bolts. The ride is great. installed 1"MML and no vibes.

viclava
viclava's Reviews
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Inexpensive and good quality
Cons: I had to do it myself;))
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The company customer service has got to be the best I have ever experienced. Jeffrey is top notch for customer service. A+++ in my book.

Dakotajoew
Dakotajoew's Reviews
11-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Good Kit...Came with all the parts I needed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit was easy to install and rides great! (4) Coils, Upper and Lower control arms, Front Sway Bar Disconnects, and Nitro 2.2 shock. I had to order the shock boots seperatley.

jeepKY
jeepKY's Reviews
10-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: great, flexy, durable lft. Provides a stable ride.
Cons: Somewhat rough on the road with speed bumps, pot holes, etc. Did not include t-case drop, which is needed badly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is an excellent lift kit for any Jeep that spends most of its time on the road, and ventures out onto the trail on weekends. It is affordable, durable, and provides articulation. I would not recomend it for serious wheeling, but for DD Jeeps that hit up the off road parks often, its a great buy.

2001TJstudent
2001TJstudent's Reviews
10-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Great Service and got the 10% off so it was like 269 shipped
Cons: None so far. Just installed and looks and rides better than expected. great lift for the one on a budget
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ask fo rthe 10% off because you are a member of JF.

Fireman0402
Fireman0402's Reviews
09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Cheap price for decent height lift
Cons: Was not just a bolt on lift kit as RC stated in description.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually bought the RC 3.75 combo lift; $300 for the 2.5 Springs and 2.2 Shocks also an additional $90 for the 1.25 Body lift, Which I felt altogether was a great value. The Springs were a pain to install (you have to have spring clamps). Once you get the BL on yo also have to cut and relocate the Fan Shroud. But over all I was happy with the end result and I look forward to see how it all holds up.

pokeincali
pokeincali's Reviews
09-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: lift you get vs cost. improved ride
Cons: problems with my shifting with the trans spacers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wanted a lift but did not want a 3 to 3.5 inch. wanted to avoid all the other changes needed for this size of lift. works well, gives the jeep a good look with out all the upgrades a 3+ inch lift requires

wapeloquin
wapeloquin's Reviews
08-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Great
Cons: U-Bolys were not the correct size for an older CJ5
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The product was as advertised for anewer CJ5. However, it was not correct for an older CJ5 axle diameter. However, the guys a rough contry responded right away and were very helpful.

TheRover
TheRover's Reviews
07-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Everything you'd expect from a budget lift kit.
Cons: shocks are too stiff.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Even though the shocks are too stiff for my liking, overall, the kit is a great value. Easily done at home by two people. For my TJ we did have to get a rear trackbar relocation bracket and re-drill a hole for the front one. I would suggest getting a adjustable one for the front. A pickle-fork was the only thing that would separate the front trackbar from the frame mount (just something to keep in mind). Definitely recommended.

krahnilogikal

krahnilogikal's Reviews
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Easy installation, good value for starter lift, great customer service
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been pleased despite some criticism from others. RC products have served me very well thus far and their customer service is very responsive and easy to deal with. The ride comfort is as good as to be expected from an off-road designed lift. The 2.2 shocks are not too soft and not too stiff even for my DD/weekend warrior. Springs are not too bouncy and have not settled too far after 6 months. I don't have any heavy bumper accessories yet so we will see how they handle that when the time comes.

knightwolf654
knightwolf654's Reviews
07-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: beefy shocks, progressive springs
Cons: shocks are a bit stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: install was not too bad, i had some stuck lug nuts that had me doing the front one weekend and the rear the next weekend. do need a spring compressor since the track bar wont allow the axle to drop down far enough to allot the spring to simply slide on. currently have 300+ miles on it but the shocks are pretty stick compared to the stock gas charged ones. it has knocked my muffler loose twice, may look into getting some better ones.

tomas789
tomas789's Reviews
07-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Higher off the ground :)
Cons: It's pretty stiff.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't have any experience with other lift kits, but this one seems stiff, especially after a day of off roading. Went on easy, I installed it with no prior suspension experience.

Sicks
Sicks's Reviews
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Cheap. No modifications at all. Just shocks and springs.
Cons: It's only 2.5 inches.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It adds a decent lift without much modification. It's springs and shocks so no cutting/welding or any other modification. It's a steal for 200 bucks off of roughcountry's website.

kyumanaz
kyumanaz's Reviews
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Love the ride, more comfortable, and does much better off-roading.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the stiffer 6 cylinder rated springs, and everything went in well. As usual it took longer to install as I did it myself, and this was my first lift. It rides much better than it did with the 2 inch spacers that were in there when I bought it. I also got a new steering stabilizer, all 2.2 shocks came with it. I feel it was a good lift for the price.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last