Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Rough Country 2.5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $537.75
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 182 / No: 6
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Spring Lift Kit. Consists of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t-case spacers. Optional matching steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

scasey1212
scasey1212's Reviews
09-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Price: $310.00
Pros: cheap, 2.5" is the perfect height for me. love it so far.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great. Just put it on a few days ago. Rides pretty well. Happy with it soo far.

BenNH21
BenNH21's Reviews
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Price: $299.95
Pros: great lift for the money
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very impressed with the lift. It has given me over 3 inches of lift. A must buy if you are in the market for a small lift

cruser711

cruser711's Reviews
07-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: not rated
Cons: not rated
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not rated

84foxgt
84foxgt's Reviews
06-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: seems good quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: went together easy. no issues. made a world of difference. very happy so far.

JebJeep
JebJeep's Reviews
05-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: 2.2 shocks are very stiff. great for crawling on rocks,and for cornering on pavement at hi speeds,
Cons: too stiff for fast speeds on rough roads. needed adjustable front and rear track bars to get rid of death wobble, may have been a rare case.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: but too stiff for fast speeds on rough roads.
needed adjustable front and rear track bars to get rid of death wobble.

jgarofalo
jgarofalo's Reviews
05-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Price: $299.95
Pros: Flex=amazing
Cons: shocks are terrible
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This suspension flexs very well with sway bar disconected. The only down fall are the shocks.

gmcdmb69

gmcdmb69's Reviews
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: quick install
Cons: instructions don't tell everything needed to be done
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Able to install it by myself and it's a nice starter lift if you're on a budget to allow some more articulation

60mg
60mg's Reviews
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Simplicity
Cons: Every wrangler is different therefore sometimes the kit alone is not going to be enough to install and maintain "no-vibration" status.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Some heavy specific equipment is required for installation. For some might not be doable on their driveways. Do a complete research before jumping on it as on DIY kit.

60mg
60mg's Reviews
04-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Simplicity
Cons: Every wrangler is different therefore sometimes the kit alone is not going to be enough to install and maintain "no-vibration" status.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Some heavy specific equipment is required for installation. For some might not be doable on their driveways. Do a complete research before jumping on it as on DIY kit.

Tumblebug74

Tumblebug74's Reviews
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Price: $267.00
Pros: tons..mostly great customer service!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lift kit was ordered without shocks, I have procomp's on there. I did get the sway bar disconnects too though. Instructions were simple, and a human answeres the phone every time you call!

Wrangler_X
Wrangler_X's Reviews
04-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: easy install awsome customer service
Cons: rough ride but how cares
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product easy install kinda a rough ride but who cares

Largejones
Largejones's Reviews

03-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Price: $390.57
Pros: Great Product , Great people to deal with .
Cons: Instructions are crap. Didn't really bother me because I know what I'm doing but I could see how it would be a problem with beginners.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered kit on Fri. kit arrived on Mon.lightning quick shipping. I also got the 10% off discount as promised to JF members by Jeff from RC . In addittion to the kit I also ordered the steering stabilizer. Installation was rather easy but I highly recommend the spring compression tool it made the Job alot easier getting the new srings in. The tool can be rented at Autozone for $54.00 which is refunded when you return the tool .I was rather shocked that when standing next to each other the stock spring and the new RC spring the new RC spring was about 3-4 coils taller than the stock. The shocks and steering stabilizer are pretty beefy . The stock steering stabilizer on a Jeep looks alot like a mini bike shock ,not anymore. The lift got me about 3 1/2 inches but I'm sure it will settle out . All total the lift took a buddy and I about 5 hrs "smoking and joking" that's including installation of the steering stabilizer and the transfer case "skid plate" drop. As with any lift the rear trac was off less than a half inch , not enough to worry about the extra $17.95 plus labor time for the rear trac bar relocation bracket .After the lift no weird vibrations or quirks have been noticed. Only positives have been noticed. In my opinion the ride is much better than stock.I wasn't wanting to go huge.I just wanted better than stock , that's exactly what I got. Happy .

FOLLOW UP AFTER INSTALLATION AND WHEELING
Went wheeling and 4 LO kept popping out of gear . I discovered it's because the transfer lowering spacers had the shift linkage in a bind . Tried adjusting the linkage every which way but still was in a bind because the spacers lowered the transfer case too much . I removed the spacers and bolted back up without them . Now everything works like a champ 4 LO does not pop out of gear and no vibrations have been detected from 0-70 MPH. IF YOU'RE INSTALLING ON A 2006 UNLIMITED LJ DO NOT USE THE TRANSFER CASE LOWERING SPACERS . This particular JEEP does not need them . Since it's a longer wheel base JEEP the drive shafts are longer and not at such an angle as a regular TJ . Still very happy with the product , just found it included parts that my particular JEEP does not need .

untitled666
untitled666's Reviews

03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Shipping was fast, rides better than stock, lifted 3" and didnt need the Tcase drop, and price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Other than the broken rear upper shock bolt...installation was a breeze!

mgoodric

mgoodric's Reviews
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Rides well, great customer service, forum discount.
Cons: Install wasn't easy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift a few weekends ago, and had it aligned by the shop a few days ago. It is riding great, and looks great. I have yet to get it onto a trail, but am sure it will do better than stock. I did find the directions to be a little cumbersome, but three guys were able to get it done in one weekend. With the one or two problems I had, Rough Country provided great customer service.

Msprain10
Msprain10's Reviews
02-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Pros: Price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price Great customer service jeff rocks

FireJeep06
FireJeep06's Reviews
02-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Does the job! Was installed when I bought it.
Cons: A little rough riding(so the wife says)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Added there 3/4 front spacer to level it out and I think it looks great. Adding tube flares to accomadate 33's

sandandson
sandandson's Reviews
01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Pros: Cheap, easy install
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Chose this lift kit because I didn't want to jack it up into the sky or anything. Satisfied so far.

cwalker84

cwalker84's Reviews
01-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Pros: Inexpensive, Easy install, Fairly tough
Cons: Skid plate spacers are weird, you might want to invest in a SYE.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered my kit from Jeffrey on the forum and as promised got 10% off. This lift is great for the price you get shocks, springs and all the mounting hardware. Not having any real experience with the suspension system of my jeep and this being my first install of a lift I was concerned it would be difficult but we were able to get it on in an afternoon. I was also quite surprised at the difference 2.5 inches makes. It looks a lot better and doesnt seem to suffer from top-heavy problems that larger lifts do. This kit does come with skid plate spacers, which i am using because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a SYE kit BUT I admit that from the side I don't like the look of the lowered skid plate. I dont know if I could have gotten away with leaving it up but I didnt risk it. Anyway if your looking for an inexpensive lift that will make your jeep look great AND give you that extra clearance offroad, go with this. If your a hardcore rock crawler put out the cash for something extra amazing.

dbupp
dbupp's Reviews
01-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: cheap
Cons: cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: none

flnbar

flnbar's Reviews
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Price: $390.00
Pros: cheap, easy installation
Cons: rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: included was the 1.25" body lift.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »