Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rough Country 2.5

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Rough Country 2.5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rough Country 2.5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $537.75
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 182 / No: 6
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com/

Rough Country 2.5" Progressive Spring Lift Kit. Consists of four progressive rate coils, four 2.2 performance shocks and t-case spacers. Optional matching steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last

Jake16JA
Jake16JA's Reviews
10-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Went in fairly easily, looks great, very complete
Cons: Not the smoothest ride but you can deal with it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this kit after I bent a leaf spring. The kit was complete, and went on fairly painless getting the old stuff off was the pain in the ***. The only thing I'd have liked to see included was shock bolts. The ride is nothing to write home about, but I don't really know much better and it doesn't annoy me.

VUswimmer93
VUswimmer93's Reviews
07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: looks great
Cons: tad rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it gave me a more aggressive look but I should have gone with the 4 in lift

whalejr31
whalejr31's Reviews
07-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Price: $290.00
Pros: cheap and simple
Cons: bad reputation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was looking to replace my shocks and decided this was slightly more $$$ and i got to replace my budget boost with springs and new shocks for less the $300 so it seemed worth it so far no complaints

ssieverd
ssieverd's Reviews

07-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Low cost, not many add-ons necessary to make it work right, fairly simple to DIY
Cons: Installation instructions aren't entirely the best
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the 2.5" lift with the N2.0 shocks, install is fairly straightforward. The instructions aren't the best, and rusty bolts are a massive pain. Rear upper shock mounts definitely need sprayed with PB Blaster or similar for quite some time ahead of the install, as do all bolts for that matter. Definitely recommend immediate alignment after install, got some death wobble from misalignment issues. The ride before the install was on original shocks/springs with 90k on them and the past 20k with a 2" bb, so it certainly wasn't the smoothest ride before the install. After the install with the new suspension it's a less harsh ride over the small bumps and holes in the road. Overall the new suspension has a better ride and is a huge improvement over what was on it. Also ordered the .75" spacers for the front to level out my jeep since I have a Rubicon. Overall lift over the 2" bb previously on it was an inch all around, nice and level. Also RC shipping is fantastic, got the lift in two days. Recommend Rough Country based on their customer service and quick shipping for sure!

fletcher2185
fletcher2185's Reviews
04-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Price: $349.99
Pros: Rides nice, feels strong, no sag.
Cons: none so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. She rides beautifully and looks great. No sag at all and handles well.

Hilly10581
Hilly10581's Reviews
04-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Pros: great ride rough at first but once they work themselves out its beautiful
Cons: expensive taste
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good

mtncur08
mtncur08's Reviews
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Price: $329.99
Pros: Been on 4 weeks as of 04/03/14, raised vehicle almost 4 inches. 2.2 shocks feel better than factory shocks
Cons: 3 hour manufacturer suggested instal time was easily 8 hours. had to remove trackbar to install springs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 8 hour install with mechanic helping. Finished job gave me almost 4 inches of lift, instead of advertised 2.5 inches. Kit does not come with transfer case drop kit as it used to. the almost 4 inches lift is giving me a little vibration coming off the clutch in 2nd gear. Rough Country said to wait 3 weeks for lift to settle...4 weeks now and no settle..not unhappy with this at all!
Rides great, a level on the rocker panels shows vehicle is perfectly level when on flat surface. Lift is almost too high for factory swaybar disconnects.
All In all, I'm very happy with the lift.

parttimejeeper
parttimejeeper's Reviews
03-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Price: $449.00
Pros: Seems to be well built.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Although rough country has gotten some bad reviews , this kit seems to be O.K. I guess only time will tell. But for my "street queen" I think it'll do fine.

MzCoop
MzCoop's Reviews
01-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: It's high enough.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't really know much about my lift. I bought the jeep already lifted.

powell3wj
powell3wj's Reviews
12-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: nice
Cons: could of been cheaper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its good for a little more cleance and to give the wj a better stance for light off roading

baktie_91YJ
baktie_91YJ's Reviews
11-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Price: $4,600.00
Pros: Decent price. Fast shipping, great customer service.
Cons: The shocks suck. The leaf springs are too short and cause a bad shackle angle.
Recommended? No

Comments: So, typical high school budget when I was lifting my Jeep. Bought Rough Country. Install was fine, instructions were good and leaf springs are easy anyways. After a couple months I got axle wrap on my SPRING UNDER YJ. It was awful. The passenger side sits at least i inch and a half lower. Stay away.

tjoffroadr
tjoffroadr's Reviews
08-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Easy installation, great price, rides well
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had this lift on for almost 2 years now, love it. No sagging or anything. My only complaint is of course it rides rougher than the stock suspension but I think it's getting rougher with age.

lazywhiteguy
lazywhiteguy's Reviews
05-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Price: $290.00
Pros: lifted the jeep even. ride quality is much better than expected.
Cons: springs are a little too soft(not bad though)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this kit does exactly what it is meant for. the springs are a little soft, i have an after market rear bumper and roof rack so the back sits a little lower but not bad(now i can justify buying a front bumper).

dauster500
dauster500's Reviews

05-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Pros: CHEAP??
Cons: jeep sits very uneven now...right side sits lower and the front is overall higher then the rear looks like crap
Recommended? No

Comments: despite ignoring everyone hating on RC they were right as i said in the CONS the jeep sits very odd... i have installed 4 lifts kits prior to this and never seen such an inconsistency in each coils ride height

joey5639
joey5639's Reviews
04-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Nice decent lift
Cons: Rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift and looks nice with my 32" but ride is very rough

bretto4
bretto4's Reviews
04-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this lift kit just so I could fit some 33's underneath

Empir3x
Empir3x's Reviews
03-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: does what it says. probably more like 3" lift
Cons: none I can see
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just make sure when you do this you get the rear track bar drop and adjust your bump stops. Great lift!

jfilion2
jfilion2's Reviews
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Pros: Good
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift for a good price

JSmith0055
JSmith0055's Reviews

03-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Pros: Best quality in its price range!
Cons: Nothing yet, this is my third RC kit and have never had a problem with any of them. My kit did not come with new mounting hardware for shocks (had to use the stock bolts) but that's all! Overall great product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed my RC 2.5" lift into my 2000 tj and I love it so far. I went with just the N2.0 shocks instead of the 2.2s cause I've heard they're a little softer on road and from what I've noticed that's probly right

The ride is smoother than stock and gave me a good amount of lift. I only had to take the sway bar links off to get the springs in place (using coil compressors) took about 5 hours total.

Looking forward to getting my 32"s on there!

CWgauge
CWgauge's Reviews
02-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Good lift for the $
Cons: Shocks are awful.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last