Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rocky Road Outfitters TJ Trailblazer 4"

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Rocky Road Outfitters TJ Trailblazer 4" Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rocky Road Outfitters TJ Trailblazer 4"

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $679.50
Manufacturer: Rocky Road Outfitters
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 4

Old Man Emu replacement front and rear full 4" coil springs. Simply put, the best riding spring on the market available. Click here for more information on OME spring engineering. Unlimited uses a slightly different spring system, email if you have questions

DT shocks. A great soft riding shock designed for the medium weight of the Wrangler. Rides like a dream onroad as opposed to other STIFF shocks.

Adj Front Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you must replace the front track bar to keep proper front axle alignment and handling.

Adj Rear Track Bar. Anytime you go over 2" in lift, you want to adjust the rear track bar to keep proper rear axle position and handling.

Transfer Case drop kit. An unfortunate side effect of lifting TJ's over 2" is the need to also drop the transfer case. This helps keep driveline vibes at bay by reducing the ujoint angles and stress on the rear slip yoke. Not necessary or included in Unlimited and Rubicon kits.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

exric
exric's Reviews
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: desent stuff with tough looking metal.
Cons: Hiding cost. Like you buy it and then you find out you would for then likely need controle arms, and a drive shaft.
Recommended? No

Comments: Still trying it out.

chipmunkchyc04
chipmunkchyc04's Reviews

04-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? No

Comments: oh alright for the price for a starter

mpgrunt2002
mpgrunt2002's Reviews

04-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it was actuelly the 6.5" SOA lift for the yj. It came fast and everything was there. I love the lift and the way the vehicle handles on the road along with the OTT steering kit.

AROSETO

AROSETO's Reviews

03-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Price: $559.00
Recommended? No

Comments: CRAP! Actually I like the springs, 4" OME medium rated. But the shocks are crappy generic labeled "Rocky Road Outfitters" hydro shocks and they weren't even my shock mounted type. They sent me the wrong shocks. Still haven't received my track bar relocator brackets so I just bought new adjustable track bars. I have other installation problems with it. Should come with sway bar extensions at least, front and rear.

ian0341fo
ian0341fo's Reviews

10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Pros: Price, OME Springs
Cons: Lack of good directions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine came in three boxes, the third arriving about a week after the other two. The directions kind of sucked, but luckily I had some people to help with the install. I have stopped ordering from this company because of their poor customer service.

The lift looks and rides pretty good.

Splashfla
Splashfla's Reviews

10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Price: $719.00
Pros: Shocks, Front springs
Cons: Tie rods, Rear spring spacer set up
Recommended? No

Comments: Please don't waste your money on this kit. First of all the "kit" won't ship as a kit. I got the parts delivered to my house over a 3 week period and in 4 different box's. 3 of the parts were not the right parts for my jeep and the company only agreed to take them back after I got my credit card company involved! Glen, the owner was nasty to deal with and only gave vague answers when I asked him technical questions. Stick with a respectable company that sells complete kits that you've heard of. Because I have an unlimited, RR sent me rear spring spacers and 2" lift springs. I went to 2 different shops in my area and both of them laughed at the set up. The rear spring spacers that Rocky-Road sent were actually designed to be front spring spacers. RR claims that front spring spacers, notched for the front spring bucket and too narrow to provide safe support of the wider rear springs, "will work". Getting by with some "will work" rig job is not what I planned to do. I ended up substituting 4" ProComp rear springs and track bars to get the job done right.

Poor Boy

All Around Nice Guy
Poor Boy's Reviews

08-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Price: $599.00
Pros: good price, solid components
Cons: no control arms or brake lines (part of the low price, i guess)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good kit, nice ride, great price, even with shipping to Belgium. The only drawback is the lack of control arms (not required, but boy, would it be nice), and brake lines. drooping with the kit, they are maxxed out.