Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $232.55
Manufacturer: Rocky Road Outfitters
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 4

Two inch budget lift with coil spacers and BPE Shock Extensions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

docsaxman3
docsaxman3's Reviews

06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product is cheap but it is priceless. It allowed my Rancho's too fully extend making a better ride off-road.

Mickey63
Mickey63's Reviews

05-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Price: $205.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a good Days work to install (DIY). I think it firms up the handling a tiny bit, but not to much.

tednelson83
tednelson83's Reviews

05-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the 2.25" Budget boost system w/o the shocks. works ok for now, but i want something bigger.

tjsahara1979

tjsahara1979's Reviews

04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stronger than i expected. Gets the job done

KenPersak
KenPersak's Reviews

04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pleased with the product. Installed as a father and son project in our home garage, wasn't easy without spring compressor but we managed.

pwreconomist
pwreconomist's Reviews

03-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually used their over-axle kit (lift, shocks), for a total lift of approximately 8 inches. Kit had some problems in that the blocks weren't cut to the right diameter for the axles-had to grind out quite a bit. Happy with the overall results, though.

ottknot
ottknot's Reviews

03-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Price: $189.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GGGGGGRRRRRRR

WRUN33BFG
WRUN33BFG's Reviews

03-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Cheap and easy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, and so far they have withstood everything I have thrown at them.

JBN311

JBN311's Reviews

03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? No

Comments: There isn't much to spacers.
The Deutsch Tech shocks are way too stiff for my liking.

I WILL NEVER BUY FRO ROCKY ROAD AGAIN!

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Gramps

The Necessary Evil
Gramps's Reviews

02-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2 1/8" in MK Kit. Easy install in an afternoon. Complete, high quality components.

EisBlade

Web Wheeler
EisBlade's Reviews

12-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Pros: Easy installation.
Cons: Slow shipping. And, are you sure 2in will be enough? :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2in BB's (budget boosters) are basically just very thick slabs of polyurethane that sit atop your springs. Jack it up, unbolt the shocks, compress the springs down some, and slide them in to fit on top of the springs. POW!, you've got 2 inches of lift. (I was able to install BB's (not RRO) on my WJ without compressing the springs. Be creative and u 2 can do it!) You can go with stock shocks because the lift is minimal and longer shock mounts are supplied. Ride difference shouldn't be too noticeable. I run Old Man Emu shocks and would buy them again; they are well worth the money and the ride is smooth. Directions with RRO's BB's are minimal, but in this case there isn't much to do except see that you need to get the BB's on top of the springs. The shock mount drops are easy. Pull yours out and replace with what was supplied.

Word of advice: Do a search for "RRO" or "Rocky Road" on this site to view statements from the many that have been burned and thoughtful enough to share their experiences with purchases from RRO and/or their products.

I rate a 4 because of who sells them and their delayed shipping. Instead, send an email to kolak@aol.com for anything you need. Quick. Dependable. Knowledgeable.

rob1525
rob1525's Reviews

09-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Pros: price, ease of installation
Cons: instructions could use some pictures
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this lift along with PA 1" BL. Never done a lift before but it was pretty easy overall. I think that the instructions could use some pictures for those of us who have never done a lift kit before. Overall very happy with the outcome. Would recommend this product for someone like myself who is looking for a few inches for 150 bucks or so.

aszalan

aszalan's Reviews

07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Price: $117.00
Pros: cost, ability to use stock shocks
Cons: instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this budget boost mostly because it allowed me to use my stock length skyjacker shocks because the lift includes BPE (Bar Pin Eliminator) Shock Extensions. Instructions were very poor consisting of a couple page photocopy. was able to augment it with some good BB installation reviews from the internet.

Page 2 of 2 1 2