Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $232.55
Manufacturer: Rocky Road Outfitters
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 4

Two inch budget lift with coil spacers and BPE Shock Extensions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Compass07
Compass07's Reviews
07-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Price: $495.00
Pros: Solid construction
Cons: Needs to be installed professional, not at home as suggested by company
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid construction

kmuszy13
kmuszy13's Reviews
11-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: Fairly simple install, good for the money
Cons: didn't include any instructions, the bar pin eliminators where a huge pain to instal because of converting old shocks, customer serves has been non existing
Recommended? No

Comments: The product itself is strong and worth the money but there has been no support. When I called for assistance I was on hold for an hour and a half before I gave up. There were no instructions for the install and since this was my first lift I needed the reference. I emailed them and no one got back to me. The bar pin eliminators were a little too big so they needed to be grinded down a little and converting the old shocks to work with them was a nightmare. I would probably get a different kit thats similar if I had to do it again.

Piepenbrok420
Piepenbrok420's Reviews
10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Cheap, installs on top of the strut.
Cons: took 6 hours to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this kit from a buddy new in the box for $100, put it on, pretty satisfied with it, had to replace the strut mounts.

blpp
blpp's Reviews
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Price: $296.00
Pros: excellent lift more than 2 inches!
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift. had it installed professionally. 300 bucks to install as i have no tools because of the move from ak to portland.

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews

03-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Price: $173.00
Pros: 2 inch bb 1 body lift upgrade cheap no Drivetrain issues
Cons: Intro Lift, no real components, limited without shock upgrade
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 3 inch lift under 200 bucks is awesome, the springs still compress enought for full flex and I added 22.5 inch doetsch tech shocks and the stuff and droop is awesome. My total lift cost was under 500 with shocks and it rides better than stock. Used with the bar pin eliminators i get 24.5 inches of droop.

at9wagoneer
at9wagoneer's Reviews
10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Pros: It utilizes Front coil spacers(2")for the front, Rear leaf spacers(1/2" mounted below the leaf springs) 1 1/2" shackles w/ grease points.(It keeps the factory specs the same so it doesn't change any geometry)
Cons: needs to be used with longer rear shocks and maybe front coil bumps(use a hockey puck!) If you're going with 32" or larger tires.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All in all this kit was the best I could find as far as quality & price are concerned.

raingram

Displaced Texan
raingram's Reviews

05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: About as easy to install as any other budget kit. Price was right.
Cons: Bar Pin eliminators had to be trimmed in order to sit flush.
Recommended? No

Comments: Kit came in about a week, price was right. I bought the 3" budget boost, which was the 2 inch spacers, bar pin eliminators, and the 1" body lift. I ended up not installing the body lift, just used the pucks and bpe's. Took about half a day, which is about normal, in my opinion, but the BPE's had to have the ears trimmed back a 1/4" or so or they couldn't be bolted down flush. Parts also seemed to be rather soft alloy, but I never had an issue with them. Pucks seemed to actually be a little higher than 2". I was pretty happy by the end, used a set of Teraflex steel wheel spacers to fit 285/75/16 Pro-Comp Xtreme M/T's on stock Rubi wheels. No issues experiences with rubbing. Quality just seemed a little lacking, though. But, it did the job, and I believe you get what you pay for.

BonesWK

BonesWK's Reviews
03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: nice price
Cons: crappy shocks with it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not the best lift out there for wk, but nice for the price.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: cheap, lifetime warenty
Cons: noisey, rear spacers exploded, shocks
Recommended? No

Comments: I purchased a RR BB for my 2006 commander trying to give it a better stance. I had it on for 8 months and here is the bad, the shocks are for a WK/XK as is the lift so the shocks did not fit right and rattled like crazy, i put washers in there to keep it to a minimum but it didnt really help, just made it squeek. The rear coil spaces exploded with no off road use just driving down the road but there CS took care of it and i emailed them a pic and had new rear spacers in a matter of a week. The fron spacer bolts rusted up in a metter of just a few weeks. I would look some where else if you are purchasing a lift for your XK.

Rall-E
Rall-E's Reviews
09-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: 2 inch lift!
Cons: only 2 inch lift : (
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install

lordfucus01
lordfucus01's Reviews
09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: great riding springs, shocks are matched very well for comfort and control, RRO was a breeze to work out a custom kit with. LCA's are strong as hell and perfectally matched with the lift
Cons: the 3.5" - 4.5" sway bar disco's are to long and need to be refabed before installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the 3.5" trailblazer kit has been scruitinized by many people but for the price and customizability i have not seen any company beat this. I have heard many people talk masssive $h!t about RRO and recieving thier kits and how the company is crap BUT i have never had a problem with any aspect of them. They are also the only company in UTAH to actually push for more leinient lift laws and they were there when our GOV signed to bill to do so....
was teraflex there??? NOOOO was fat bobs NOOOO how about mepco NOOO
they are a much better company than people realize!!!

Marfan1007
Marfan1007's Reviews
07-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: easy with minimal modification
Cons: need to upgrade upper control arms and ball joints to accomodate otherwise you will have to replace ball joints every couple years
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I am happy with the lift. I was kinda new to the offroad scene so I figured I only needed the budget lift. I reccomend buying the budget lift and the aftermarket upper control arms w/ replaceable ball joints. Altogether it will run you about $600.00 but well worth it. Also if you plan on keeping your stock rims, I reccomend buying wheel spacers otherwise the inside of the tire will rub on the control arm. If you don't, your alignment shop won't even touch your jeep.

fivelstang4
fivelstang4's Reviews

12-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Price: $109.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice kit. cheap affordable durable. wouldnt have done it any other way for a DD XJ

Sweetjackal
Sweetjackal's Reviews

10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Budget kit for the price.
Comes with shock extensions so you can get some extra life out of your shocks

COBY
COBY's Reviews

09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: you get 4 pucks and 4 bar pin eliminators no shocks or extended bump stops. very cheep kit!

SoCalDevyn
SoCalDevyn's Reviews

08-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Price: $215.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product and arrived at my house fast. installed with no problems and i also got their shocks

FavaGuitars
FavaGuitars's Reviews

07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: actually about 3 inchs observed but it came on the jeep when i bougtht it. I'm getting rid of it and going a bit bigger.

Moose55
Moose55's Reviews

07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Price: $113.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great economical lift! For those of us that are daily drivers, this is the kit!

rubicon1000
rubicon1000's Reviews

07-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Price: $108.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift easy to install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1!!!!!!!!!!!

camoxj
camoxj's Reviews

07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mine is acctully a 3" budget lift, pucks in front, shackles in back. the bad side is that your factory parts go bad really quick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »