Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Rock Krawler TJ 4" & 5.5" X-Factor Long Arm

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Rock Krawler TJ 4" & 5.5" X-Factor Long Arm Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Rock Krawler TJ 4" & 5.5" X-Factor Long Arm

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $2,170.00
Average Price: $1,720.20
Manufacturer: Rock Krawler
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 0

Rock Krawler is proud to bring you the new TJ 5.5 X Factor Plus Suspension Systems. The X Factor Plus Systems are the final chapter ever to be written for Wrangler TJ’s on suspension! These systems feature our revolutionary independent 3 link front end with track bar and a triangulated 4 link rear end that allows for removal of the rear track bar. The 3 link front end with track bar is the very same system used by professional rock crawlers today and is the best articulating front end design for conventional steering, bar none! Our modular skid plate design actually clam shells the frame top and bottom with no side drilling required. This adds structure to that frame! With the 3 piece construction; servicing of the driveline is still easy and does not involve any suspension modifications. The frame rail members can be bolted in or welded on and for added rear axle structure a weld in cradle can be substituted for the bolt in differential plate free of charge! Our high clearance lower control arms are made of 2” solid stock and use 1” shank Monster Bushing joint at the frame connection and 1” shank Krawler Joints with a 65,000 pound radial load capacity at the axle connection. Simply put, we feel this is the strongest, most capable 5.5 Inch Long Arm system ever made and we back that up with our Abuse Proof Lifetime Guarantee on all hard parts!
System Benefits:
-Excellent Highway Ride and Handling
-High Clearance Lower Control Arms!
-Revolutionary Independent Three Link Front End for Awesome Flex and Control!
-Rear Triangulated 4 Link That Allows for Removal of the Rear Track Bar and Provides Anti-Squat for Unparalleled Climbing Ability! Triangulated 4 Links are More Robust than Tri Link Designs!
-Skid Plate Mount Design that Adds Structure to the Frame, Provides a 1" Gain in Ground Clearance, Has a Smooth Bottom and is Made from 1/4" Thick Steel!
-Weld on Rear Cradle for greater rear axle strength!
-Massive 2" Solid Control Arms!
-RTI 1400+ on a 20 Degree Ramp!
-Allows for 35" Tires!
-Limited Lifetime Warranty!
-Upgradeable to any of our Higher Lift Long Arm Systems or Coil Over Products!

System Includes:
4 linear coil springs, 4 high misalignment/double-adjustable lower long arms made from 2.00" solid stock, skid plate and skid plate mounting brackets made from 1/4 thick laser cut steel, 1 adjustable front upper torque arm made from solid stock, high misalignment/adjustable front track bar made from solid stock, front track bar relocation bracket made from 1/4" thick/laser cut steel, rear upper triangulated 4 link arms made from solid stock, rear triangulated 4 link mounting cradle/axle truss made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel, extended stainless steel brake lines, front adjustable sway bar disconnects, extended rear sway bar links, hardware and detailed instructions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

AMCJeepCJ
AMCJeepCJ's Reviews
05-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Price: $3,200.00
Pros: Bulletproof
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent lift

socaldaveh

socaldaveh's Reviews
02-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: smooth ride, sucks up a lot of bump
Cons: customer support is not great, they can't ID the lift and can't tell me which rod ends to get without taking one off.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Would have gone with the RE but this is OK, just not great.

pickleman
pickleman's Reviews
11-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Price: $2,700.00
Pros: flexs amazing and rides very smooth on highway even up to 90 mph
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the rock krawler 6 inch long arm light and i love it

Rubi4Us
Rubi4Us's Reviews
02-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Price: $2,100.00
Pros: Complete customizable kit, very stable under the jeep, solid control arms and lifetime warranty.
Cons: Professional install cost but it was worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Keeping everything tucked tight up under the jeep is critical to ground clearance. The new skid plate and control arms are positioned to be far out of the way providing maximum clearance underneath. With this lift, I can add different springs to add or drop height. I went with the 5.5 inch springs.

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Amazing Flex.
Cons: None found so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kits is very impressive. I have the 5.5" kit with a 4 link rear and a 3 link front and it has amazing offroad performance as well as accepable Highway handling. The price is well worth the performance. This kit blows the Rubicon Express kit out of the water. May i also mention that this kit is not a radius arm kit like most of its long arm cometitors. The lower arms are amazingly long and are bent for extra articulation. The arms are also made out of strong reliable DOM tubing. Last, the skid plate that comes with the kit allows for higher clearence.

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews
01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: Bent lowers a huge plus, triangulated 4 link rear a must, no more trackbar, for the real rock crawlers
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bent lowers a huge plus, triangulated 4 link rear a must, no more trackbar, for the real rock crawlers

Johnny4x4
Johnny4x4's Reviews
11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Price: $0.02
Pros: lots of wheel travel, nice stance, great shocks
Cons: alot of welding
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the 5.5 with the cradle in back, and the 3 link front, great wheel travel, good ride, good stance, springs seem to have held up for a long time, shocks were great, 3 link is awsome in the rocks.

V12Viper
V12Viper's Reviews

01-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Price: $2,170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit, flex is amazing!
pretty straight forward install.
Took a long weekend but the jeep drives alot better, the ride is more stable.

Scottfloors

Lets All Go Hunting!
Scottfloors's Reviews

05-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 4" x-factor short arm kit but its not listed here
Love the system very strong. Hard to install solo unlist the help of a friend or local shop with a welder
Purchased from DC4WD Great Guy

jkjojo
jkjojo's Reviews

05-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is actually a JK 5.5" X Factor Mid Arm Lift and I have been very happy with it. It is a very solid lift for crawling

jkcopey

jkcopey's Reviews

04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 4" Superlift rock crawler suspension.

iCEMAN99tj
iCEMAN99tj's Reviews

03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Price: $1,741.64
Recommended? Yes

Comments: tech support sucks......beefy as hell. havent finished it up yet so more on it later.

bmxstreet15
bmxstreet15's Reviews

02-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Pros: Heavy duty, Massive control arms, Insane flex, Price
Cons: Instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 5.5 inch kit. Best deal out there if you ask me. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 10 is the instructions regarding the weld-on truss. Like mudmonkey said; clock it forward. I am going to cut mine off and re-weld it. It has an incredible amount of flex. The control arms and track bar are made of solid round stock. The skidplate is flat and tucks everything up close to the body. If you purchase this kit, plan on a custom exhaust. The triangulated 4 link rear is not compatible with the factory exhaust system from the cat back. I would highly reccommend theis kit.

mudmonkey2400

mudmonkey2400's Reviews

04-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Price: $1,950.00
Pros: Overbuilt solid-stock arms/trackbars. Arms are "doglegged" for clearance. Super flexy. One of the cheapest long arm kits.
Cons: Makes your rig a lot heavier. Krawler joints difficult to install. 3-link front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with this kit. I heard horror stories about RK's 1st (or 2nd.. what gen are we up to now?) generation kits. Apparently, RK's finally got their stuff together. Also, this kit can flex! There's not much up-travel to this kit if you're using RK's in-house shocks, but a ton of droop! It's real easy to drop a spring out of it's bucket.

I love the control arms. When I was looking for a new lift, long arms had me worried about bending them up and getting hung on them on the trail. Then I saw RK's kit. The arms are 2" solid stock, meaning they're not hollow in the middle, and they're bent upward (or "doglegged") for better clearance. The track bars are also made from solid stock, and all the brackets are made from .25" plate. This equals up to be a lot of weight, but in my opinion, is well worth the security.

The front is a 3-link+t-bar design(technically a 4-link), meaning there are two lower control arms, a track bar, and only one upper control arm. This design is used by the pro rock crawlers because it flexes so well. On the downside, if you damage one of the arms, brackets, or bolts holding the axle to the control arm, you're in a heap of trouble. If you're on the road, that means no brakes, steering etc. On the trail, it means you have to fix or replace whatever broke. You can't really limp off the trail like you could with a radius arm set up or a standard 5 link.

The rear is a triangulated 4-link which eliminates the track bar. RK offers 2 different trusses to mount the upper arms- a bolt-on, and a weld on. To me, the bolt-on truss doesn't look real beefy, so I went for the weld-on truss. A word of advice: make sure you clock the truss forward a bit, and do NOT follow RK's instructions of welding it flush with the back of the diff. With the pinion rolled back for the CV driveshaft, the rear truss will be real close to hitting the gas tank skid. The rear-end does feel like it's got a good amount of anti-squat though. The back-end will actually raise-up a bit when you get on the gas, which is good for hill climbs, as it pushes the front end down.

People used to gripe about the joints RK used on their old kit. The new ones seem to be squeek free, even after a few months of running them through east TN mud, and daily driver duties. The "Krawler" joints are sealed, which are used on the axle end of all the lower control arms (poly joints are used on the other end), unlike the old generation's rod ends. The upper rear arms use rod-ends (heim joints) at the axle end. I'd like to replace them with Johnny Joints or something before they get contaminated, but I think they would be too big. No squeeks or clunks yet though.

The Krawler joints are the biggest PITA to install though. Unlike RE or Currie's joints, they don't have the spacers attached to the joint. To install you have to put in a spacer, slide in the bolt, slide the Krawler joint in, then another spacer, then push the bolt though. Very poor design. (see Edit)

The belly skid is nice and flat with button head bolts to hold on the belly plate. The brackets that hold the upper/lower control arms and belly skid were a bit of a pain to install. The instructions said you could either bolt-on (drill 4 half inch holes in the frame ), or weld it on. Welding the brackets on is much quicker. RK says the skid design adds more rigidity to the frame.

The price was very attractive as well. For ~$2000, I got the lift shipped to my door, with long travel shocks.

Pics:

EDIT: It's been over a year since my install, and everything is holding up great. It also appears that RK has a new style joint that doesn't have seperate spacers. Should make the install much easier now.