Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Pro Comp 4 in. Suspension System with MX6 Shocks

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Pro Comp 4 in. Suspension System with MX6 Shocks Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Pro Comp 4 in. Suspension System with MX6 Shocks

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $3,600.00
Average Price: $959.66
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 52 / No: 10

Part Number: EXPK3084BMX
4 in. Front / 4 in. Rear LiftStage IRecommended tire size = 33x12.50 Front / Rear Coil SpringsFront / Rear kit w Tubular lower armsT-Case Lowering KitFront / Rear MX-6 Shocks

Provides Clearance For 35in. TiresMaintains Factory Ride Quality; Improves HandlingProvides A Smooth Compliant Ride Improves Load Capacity And Reduces Axle WrapPrecise Steering Without Bump-Steer

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

keithbooth
keithbooth's Reviews

05-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Price: $3,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking lift. But there is alot of noise when the suspension twist and turns.

bluetj04
bluetj04's Reviews

05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift will go bigger and badder eventually rough riding but cant expect much with any lift

xiopus
xiopus's Reviews

05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Pros: Price, decent basic lift
Cons: Probably not for heavy duty use or severe rock crawling
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I'm happy with this lift - my jeep is my daily driver and when I 4-wheel it is usually alone so I'm not inclined to do things that will break something and leave me stranded. I've had the lift for over a year with no problems, I've been on several long haul road trips and it handles fine on the highways & freeways up to 80-85mph without any oddities. Depending on how you adjust the MX-6 shocks you can have a very stiff ride that will rattle everything in the jeep to pieces or you can soften it up and have a pretty soft ride. I have mine set on the mid position around town and set if full soft for the trail. One note: the links to the front sway bar need special attention - I kept hearing a sqeaking noise when I had a passenger and couldn't track it down - I had noticed what I thought at quick glance to be a chalk mark on the frame on the passenger side and didn't pay much attention to it until I talked to a guy at work who had the same lift kit. He showed me where the bolt from the link had rubbed the frame, I didn't pay too much attention to it as I had looked at mine and didn't see anything except the 'chalk' mark. When I took a 2nd closer look I found that mine had the same condition the bolt and nut had be grazing the frame. I think that this is probably due to the springs settling some from when the lift was first installed - the added weight of the passenger made it worse.
The only other thing I can say is that it would be nice if the upper control arms were included in the kit - the stock ones look pretty cheesy to me.

bradanslinger
bradanslinger's Reviews

05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is an excellent lift kit with most all the parts you need to get your Jeep lifted 4". I would recommend adding adjustable UCA's and a SYE and driveshaft.

psychoticj
psychoticj's Reviews

04-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Recommended? No

Comments: This was on my Jeep when i bought it. Only thing bad I can say is the shocks are cheap. Rust fast and dont last long.

XXRider

XXRider's Reviews

04-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was on the Jeep when I bought it. Suspension is a bit rough from the reading I've done it's likely the MX6 shocks that are too firm even on softest setting.

Other than riding a bit rough it's been great.

XJRookie

XJRookie's Reviews

04-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great lift!

hartescout
hartescout's Reviews

04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift for someone who doesnt want to go long arm yet. Ok so I just didnt have to money... But with this lift I'm able to fit 35's with no rub and have not had any clearance trouble yet on the trails.

kevingough
kevingough's Reviews

04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put it on in friend's garage and would not recomend it without pneumatic tools and enough space to get out of the garage when finished.

boondokjeep

boondokjeep's Reviews

04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the lift a little bouncy

ksm279
ksm279's Reviews

04-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Handles great on and off road.

apexjeepinjoe

apexjeepinjoe's Reviews

04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Recommended? No

Comments: this was on the Jeep when I bought it. If I had to do it over again I would choose something different

4x4extremegrl
4x4extremegrl's Reviews

04-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome! Has a ton of flex!! Slap on some quick disconnects. Its awesome. I easily clear 33's

bmatula
bmatula's Reviews

04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Price: $1,700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had this Pro Comp 4in Suspension System with the mx6 Shocks since May, and I've really had no problems with it, runs great and looks good.

Mike Cooper
Mike Cooper's Reviews

03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: again, its a 3", but no option for that. came with rancho shocks, not to happy with them, new ones to come. wish it were higher

WILLY348

WILLY348's Reviews

03-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cant really say i hate or like this lift because its the only one i've ever had on this jeep. Cant complain about it though. Dealership had my jeep lifted before i bought it off the lot

Bevers
Bevers's Reviews

03-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Recommended? No

Comments: Its okay. Eventually I'll trade the shocks out for some Old Man Emu's. The shocks on there ride like crap. I feel every single little bump on the road

Nuggetbrent

Nuggetbrent's Reviews

03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Glad I knew enough to NOT follow their instructions

botkinjeep

botkinjeep's Reviews

03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Suspension was on the Jeep but works well for moderate offroading.

Shorty

Shorty's Reviews

12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Price $$$, Strong parts, name brand quality.
Cons: Don't waste money on stage II. Get 1 and and adjustable Track bars!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Pro Comp Stage II, w/ standard es3000 shocks. Ride was very stiff for the first 6 months. Rides fine now.
DO NOT PURCHASE STAGE II. Unless something has changed. The crosslink steering JUNK is dangerous. Buy stage I and use the money you save to buy adjustable track bars.
Good lift for the money

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last