Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $680.00
Average Price: $479.98
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 2

Includes front and rear control arms. Trackbar relocation bracket, shocks, front steering stabilizer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

MDamon
MDamon's Reviews
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Good ride, easy install
Cons: Sits slightly lower in front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap lift, easy install. Rides good but seems to set 1/2 inch lower in front than in the back. Not too big a deal tho I guess. Definitely worth it and no death wobble

IonlyBuyJeep
IonlyBuyJeep's Reviews
03-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Excellent ride on road. Performs great off road. Flexes great.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Jeep rides incredibly well on paved road, much better than I thought it would with after market suspension. On mountain trails there is plenty of articulation to allow me to go up and down boulders and little drope offs in teh road with out worry.The springs are stiff enough to give me the performance I want off road but soft enough to provide very comfortable on road manners. Took my Jeep on a 3,000 mile road trip from Los Angeles to Denver to Moab, to Salt Lake City, to San Francisco and back to Los Angeles and the ride was great. It also performed great on the trails in Moab, UT.

Alca626
Alca626's Reviews
03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Great ride, excellent fron approchal angle.
Cons: Add-a-leaf´s... not such a lasting idea (changing the leaf´s on a year or so)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice lift.

Jakers93zj
Jakers93zj's Reviews
12-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Price: $189.00
Pros: Simple and easy to install, and cheap way to get a 3 inch lift
Cons: There spacers so the suspension is a little bit stiff compared to stock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift was very in inexpensive and really wasnt hard to install, took me about four hours to install with a car lift. The kit included four 3" coil spacers along with four pro comp shocks and the kit also included a transfer case drop kit for jeep wranglers, witch i didnt need to use. I would highly advise someone to buy this kit if your looking to get a little lift for the buck. I got mine on ebaymotors and the price i put on here did include shipping.

ashort40
ashort40's Reviews
10-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: This is just an estimate price for install, kit, and spacers. Total was a bit over 2000 with tires and alignment as well. So far they are great, love how it feels. Good clearance and flex.
Cons: The ride with the shocks that come with it and the stock leafs is really hard. Every time I hit a bump I come off the seat. But it's a Jeep, you learn to love it for that reason.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a great start for beginners or those who are not extreme or serious enthusiasts that don't want to spend 3,000 or more.

HunterTJ01
HunterTJ01's Reviews
09-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Simply gives you the lift you need.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit is well worth it's money. You pay for what you get. Then somethings for free like a life time warranty.

hallsofstone

hallsofstone's Reviews
11-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Nice black springs, all grade 8 hardware, red bushings included, shocks included, easy install (in concept), looks great
Cons: Uncomfortable ride...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simply put, this is a cheap alternative to some of the more expensive lifts out there. I picked this up off CL for $250 less than an hour from my home. It was a no-brainer at the time what with my totally shot stock suspension (I have pics to prove it....).

Install went great once we went and got the torch out. You WILL have to smoke-wrench some stuff, just be careful of fuel lines and DON"T TORCH YOUR MOUNTING BRACKETS OR SHACKLES (if that wasn't already obvious). Really fit perfectly. The red bushings that came with it look rad and I really like the intermediate height. Coupled with a 1" BL or preferably shackle lift, you can easily run 33's with no rub and still not have to trim fenders. I did trim mine, but that's personal preference.

This kit rides like a bucking bronco. Not like you can expect a Caddy ride in a heep-o-jeep anyway, but this one is pretty harsh. I avoid bumpy roads when possible. I think part of it is the 1000 series shocks that were included. The other part is that it takes a while for the suspension to settle. Do some good flexing and it will help. Also keep in mind that you will want to get a drop pitman arm eventually and possibly a skid lowering kit or a SYE. I've got some crazy loud DS vibe. Another thing....make sure that you torque it down to spec, run it for a couple days, then go back and loosen everything and retorque.

I used Rancho Extra Heavy Duty U-bolts and they were awesome. Repeatedly check all nuts and torque to spec for best performance. While you have the suspension apart, replace all the old rubber bushings and inspect for frame rust/damage. I have horror stories you won't believe until you see pics.

Summary: Great cheap lift kit. Decent performance offroad. Super-bumpy ride on roads. But where we're going, we don't need roads.

03TjSahara
03TjSahara's Reviews
12-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Price: $576.00
Pros: Bigger tires
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well install was easy, and it looks great. Nuff said

timwolff925
timwolff925's Reviews
12-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was just installed and I'm overseas...so all I know is that it LOOKS GREAT.

timwolff925
timwolff925's Reviews
08-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Price: $540.60
Pros: Easy Installation, looks great, works great, feels great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was very easy to install...just a matter of bolts...rusty bolts might get in your way. Add's A LOT to the cherokee!

Orpen
Orpen's Reviews
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: looks great and cost effective
Cons: I have not found anything bad about this product yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put the lift on and the thing I had trouble getting through because of clearence were easy to glide through

mrmudman
mrmudman's Reviews
06-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: dont know
Cons: dont know
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have not had a chance to test it yet

mtxbigtruckin
mtxbigtruckin's Reviews

03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Price: $350.00
Recommended? No

Comments: This is the cheapo lift kit, add a leaf in rear isn't full length and is therefore useless. I added a full length add a leaf to make it worthwhile. Hasn't broken in 8 years, but has never been the best lift.

andyjyerks
andyjyerks's Reviews

02-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great but a real rough ride, but nice, especially cause it was free, and real easy to put in

GoldenEagle06
GoldenEagle06's Reviews

01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Price: $314.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a budget boost from fat bob's garage with steering stabilizer and shocks from procomp.

Mr. Breeze
Mr. Breeze's Reviews

01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Price: $680.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall good. Could use better shocks with the kit. Bushings still in good shape after 22k miles.

JVona
JVona's Reviews

12-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome lift kit just wish I went higher... Next time though! haha..

AEKDB98TJ
AEKDB98TJ's Reviews

12-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pretty good, not as soft or easy on speedbumps etc. but overall it has good flex

jbranso2
jbranso2's Reviews

11-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best Brand of Suspension Lift you can get. Shocks are great and strong. Dont Go with Cheap Body Lift.

redneckbrat
redneckbrat's Reviews

10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Pro Comp 3" Lift Kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lift was on when I got the Jeep, not really sure what lift it is. It has ES3000 shocks all around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »