Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,400.00
Average Price: $737.62
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2

2" Suspension Lift consisting of rear leaf springs and front coils. Paired w/ OME nitrocharger shocks. Leaf spring bushings need to be sourced.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Army_Barbie
Army_Barbie's Reviews
07-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: great flex for a 2" lift
Cons: can't think of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i got the lift kit 2nd hand of a tj that ahd been off road once with it. it had done 400okm with the kit on. i think its a great kit and definately suggest it

Jimy
Jimy's Reviews
07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great ride
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2" lift fit perfect with my 32" tires. No rub, great ride and looks great. I did add a 3/4" spacer in the front to level it off. Very nice.

USAntigoon
Retired from Forum
USAntigoon's Reviews

03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Old Man Emu OME 2
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Soft ride and "proven" Quality
Cons: None so far.....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: New Updates:

The OME front spring (616) netted a 3 inch lift and the rear (617) gave me a 2 inch lift.. Jeep leveled out perfectly. The NitroChargers are very solid and smooth working.
I also had the JKS rear track bar brace welded on the RA tube.
The ride still gave me some "wandering" at lower speeds..
Got the a BDS HD SS and Teraflex adjustable front lower CA and now all is "perfect". (Caster back to OEM spec) Because of same OEM size tires and rims the scrub radius hasn't been changed at all...(DW contributor)

Because of my knees I cannot do these kind of mods myself anymore..Had it all done by "Unlimited Offroad Centers" out of Fenton, MI.. These guys know their stuff...

DirtyRiggz413
DirtyRiggz413's Reviews

03-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awsome lift kit.. Easy to install and is smooth enough but also ver durable. i smashed a tire into hidden rocks last winter and dented teh rim, but the shock and coil are in perfect working order.

socalflofam
socalflofam's Reviews

03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got the heavier duty package but havent added the additional weight yet. very happy

BjBnet
BjBnet's Reviews

03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not actually installed yet but it's sitting in the garage waiting for warmer weather.
I got the Frankenlift kit....not sure why it's not listed in the drop down list, it's the most popular lift out there for KJs

neonix
neonix's Reviews

03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Top quality product, and top notch customer service. Ride and handling far exceed stock. Actually got 3+ inches from the lift, not the advertised 2". Coils are specially treated to prevent sagging. One of the more expensive kits, but it is one of the best in terms of functionality for suspension travel off road.

LJameson

LJameson's Reviews

02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Price: $680.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Not that great. The ride is actually worse then stock, not better. In fact, my CJ7 rides better. The track bar relocation bracket puts extra leverage on the factory mount and makes it crack. I expected more for the price.

bill38jeep
bill38jeep's Reviews

02-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Price: $218.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

canoeman71
canoeman71's Reviews

01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Feels good so far- just finished today though- more later.the front end feels much better at highways speeds; I've been driving around with the front nosed down because of the winch and bumper- the back is very high-7" off the tire- I hope it will settle some, if not I'll have to get a spacer for the front.

bobthetj03

Web Wheeler
bobthetj03's Reviews

12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ride is greatly improved. Shocks firm yet smooth. Like the option of being able to antisipate future additions of winch, tire carrier, etc. Very satisfied.

69rs
69rs's Reviews

12-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the lift. Rides good on road. Will update when I get off road for some decent testing.

Creases
Creases's Reviews

12-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fantastic, Only thing I had to do was turn off the ESC............................................... ..................

Rocker69
Rocker69's Reviews

12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went with the OME kit because it boasts a soft ride. I think it is true, but other people have disagreed. The lift actually gave me an extra half inch and looks great. Wheel travel is great too.

rpg1520
Heavily Armed Liberal
rpg1520's Reviews

11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent ride, I on;y wish it was a little bit taller, like a three inch lift. I'm going to back in and add a 1 inch spacer.

erickpl

erickpl's Reviews

11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why do I need 75 characters to provide a review? I Just want to list em. Adding characters to shut this thing up.

rlanderton

RedRock4Wheeler
rlanderton's Reviews

11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed the kit, complete with track bars and upper front CAs - so not many miles on it yet - I will report back in the near future - right now on the highway I will give it a 10 for ride and stability -

IGotADisneyJeep

IGotADisneyJeep's Reviews

11-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Price: $560.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ran the Old Man Emu 2.5" lift with, Old Man Emu long travel shocks and 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers for 7 years and It Flexes like Crazy, Offroads Awesome & Very smooth.
Old Man Emu ROCKS!!!

gaucho919
gaucho919's Reviews

09-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent ride and handling. Handles weight very well, actually ends up about 3" with the HD springs

wjjeep4x4
wjjeep4x4's Reviews

09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Old Man Emu has provided amazing products. It has a perfect ride and lives up to its standards. Would definitely recommend this great lift kit!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last