Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Old Man Emu OME 2" Suspension Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,400.00
Average Price: $737.62
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu
Recommended?
Yes: 76 / No: 2

2" Suspension Lift consisting of rear leaf springs and front coils. Paired w/ OME nitrocharger shocks. Leaf spring bushings need to be sourced.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

MaddOps

Wrangler Noob
MaddOps's Reviews
09-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Will see after I get installed.
Cons: Will see after I get installed.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Will see after I get installed.

bwiygul
bwiygul's Reviews
09-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: seems good
Cons: a little stiff on the road when i hit a bump in a corner
Recommended? Yes

Comments: seems good but a little stiffer than stock plush ride

NolaYJ
NolaYJ's Reviews
08-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Very easy to install..improved the ride significantly
Cons: Needed rear shock relocation brackets for a proper fit...wasn't a big deal but wish I had known in advance.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good suspension..definitely get some rubicon rear shock relocation brackets to keep the rear shocks from rubbing or knocking or rear axel

Jaashua
Jaashua's Reviews
03-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Price: $715.00
Pros: Nice stiff ride.
Cons: Stiff ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the look and how my Jeep rides now. Everything feels much more stable.

origin
origin's Reviews
11-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Price: $940.00
Pros: Far more substantial than the stock components
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product. Fairly easy to install, however it doesn't come with install instructions. You can easily find a set of XK instructions on this site. Get a good pair of spring compressors… air tools seriously helped with this.

bonbon
bonbon's Reviews
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Price: $827.99
Pros: made in USA, smooth ride, looks good
Cons: a few issues installing the coil springs (bump stops in the way, springs are really hard to compress so they fit)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great kit, gave me the lift i needed for my 31" tires, plus a smooth ride, and it loos pretty nice as well. Shocks are sturdy and well built, the kit is a little pricy though. Purchased from Quadratec, Made in USA. Only issues we had while installig it were that we had to lift the jeep up pretty high with the jack and jack stands so the axles would drop low enough for the coil springs; we had to use some clamps to compress the springs so they would go on. Not a major issue though, everything else went on easily in about an hour. All in all, Great quality, looks, and a nice ride for the price.

carlsojr
carlsojr's Reviews
01-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: NICE ride for everyday! Makes the Jeep better off-road too, of course.
Cons: None I've encountered yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tried another brand but it was too stiff, about bounced off a road just because of washboard surface. We don't intentionally go rock crawling so don't need a big lift. The OME lift fits our needs and stretches our off-road limits but can still be driven everyday in town. In town driving is every bit as good as the OEM suspension. Looks good, too!

jeremysaal
jeremysaal's Reviews
11-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Price: $775.00
Pros: Nice lift looks great.
Cons: Could be more comfortable and handle the bumps better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not as comfortable and durable as I was expecting. It's still a pretty rough ride. I was not impressed with the fact that my new coils were chipped up in the box either.

AJeepZJ

AJeepZJ's Reviews
04-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Pros: durable, full kit, easy install
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent lift kit - gives the WK nice bold stance, got about 3.5 in front 2.5 rear.. gives about 1'' additional articulation. The cream of the crop for WK folks, my only regret is ill have about 150 lbs of skids and gear bolted to this thing, should have gone with the HD. But it rides amazing and it preforms above expectation offroad. An excellent product.

trowand
trowand's Reviews
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Price: $720.00
Pros: Went with light duty 2": Great ride quality, decent flex
Cons: Wish I went with the medium duty that gives more lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mild 2" lift. Great ride quality, decent flex. Installing 34"x12" (305/70/17) MT/R's w/Kevlar and Bushwacker flares.

Jonas1323
Jonas1323's Reviews
03-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Price: $1,420.00
Pros: Improved stability, firm suspension.
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: OME say 2" lift, when i measured it, it was 3-3˝".
The original WK suspension is way too soft for me, with the OME lift it completely changed my Jeep. Now its firm and a joy to drive.

duckmans83
duckmans83's Reviews
10-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Price: $715.00
Pros: nice complete kit
Cons: expected more down ward travel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the medium duty springs. I was expecting them to be a little bit stiffer but I think it will keep the wife happy for now. It raised the front 2.5 in in the front and 2 in in the back. I measured the down ward travel in the front and it was only 1 inch more than stock. I was expecting 2 inches. There is plenty of threads left on the shock but you need to tighten all the way or you will get clunking in the front.

Vince Greva
Vince Greva's Reviews
10-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Fantastic articulation and great ride both on and off road
Cons: no upper or lower control arms come with the kit. Rather expensive for what you get, but it is very well made.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the OME ZJ/LJ springs with OME shocks. The kit is very well made and installation is fairly easy. For best results, I recommend using a JKS adjustable trac bar and JKS quick disconnects.

I also recommend using sway bar collars to prevent the sway bar from shifting from side to side, which appears to be a common issue with lifted TJ’s

Aus_Jeep
Aus_Jeep's Reviews
07-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Its OME, looks great
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its only been recently installed, price was a bit high but you get what you pay for!

HikerX

HikerX's Reviews
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Good ride (light duty), quality system, lives up to its reputation, flexes well
Cons: Light duty not quite 2", less when skid plates are added
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not realizing there were multiple versions of the kit available, the shop I worked with ordered the light duty kit. For a stock Jeep it's ideal, but I have many skids and need some additional stiffness. Suspension rides as good as new Jeep did. Quality system.

will_nj
will_nj's Reviews
07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: awesome, great ride
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome, great ride, Nitro shocks

WheelieTime
WheelieTime's Reviews
06-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Pros: Affordable, Great on/off road mannnaer
Cons: Not a big fan of the yellow.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple install. Leaves room for more modifications. Great on road manners. Great entry/departures angles.

real46
real46's Reviews
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Pros: Once I had them installed I found the ride was softer then most other lift kits. This lift kit was made to fit specific years of Jeep Cherokee. I like the look of the ride now, its taller and allows for a better response.
Cons: Unfortunately the warranty on the shocks is ONLY for 2 years. I found the overall cost of the system very expensive and not always winter friendly. The first year that I had the system installed the rubber in the suspension squeaked loudly and just annoyed the hell out of me!!
Recommended? No

Comments: Overall I feel that for the money the lift kit is really not worth it. The cost of having it installed and the time lost doesn't justify the benefit of having it in my jeep.

Hollywood1971

Hollywood1971's Reviews
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Price: $630.00
Pros: Lifted higher than advertised. Ride is firm but still comfortable.
Cons: None discovered so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product (I installed the Heavy Duty spring rate) came with 4 nitro-charged shocks and 4 springs. The kit installed very easily and actually provided a 3.5" lift. Ride quality is firm but sure-footed and provided plenty of clearance to make way for the 35" tires that followed. No rubbing issues whatsoever, however I have not had the Jeep at full flex since install.

Fear
Fear's Reviews
08-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Pros: Durable, stable, protects parts
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Durable suspension which protects your Jeep while on-road and off-road.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »