Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $996.74
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu
Recommended?
Yes: 65 / No: 1

OME's basic package (OMETJHK) for TJ's, heavy duty edition designed for jeeps that haul a little weight.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

YJWarrior
YJWarrior's Reviews

08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Price: $799.00
Pros: - Great ride - Quality product
Cons: - None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome quality and ride! Had to swap out the back for long travel when I added the shackle reversal but very happy!

attackcammel
attackcammel's Reviews
08-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Rides better than stock flexes much better able to fit bigger tires
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this lift to fit my 33" tires im glad i went with this instead of a BB rides great on/off road

patricknash1
patricknash1's Reviews
07-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Price: $698.00
Pros: great ride quality, so far everything about this lift has been impressive
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this Jeep used about 3 months ago and was on the forums everyday trying to decide on which lift to buy. After much reading I decided on this lift and have been happy since I put it on. I work on computers and have never worked on cars in my life, but was able to install this, by myself, in about 5 hrs. The ride quality is amazing, feels like I am riding on air, flexes well, took it up into the mountains in North Georgia last weekend and was able to go through all the trails with no worry of bottoming out or getting stuck. I drive this vehicle to work daily, 35 miles each way and as a daily driver and a weekend offroader I dont think I could have been happier with the performance of this lift.

kreita
kreita's Reviews
07-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Mostly good ride, handles well.
Cons: Big bumps can hit pretty hard.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: On my 84 CJ, I have the 2.5" OME suspension conversion Kit which uses the wider YJ spring packs. I opted for the heavier rear springs because my jeep has a hard top and a very heavy Warn rock bumper and tire rack. I also used stock YJ shackles, rubber bushings, and the recommended OME shocks.

The lift raised the Jeep more than advertised. In reality I'd say more like 3-4", which allowed for 33x10.50 BFG/AT Tires.

Road manners: The Jeep drives well, is stable, and has a firm ride, not harsh (more firm than stock). The suspension seems to have a progressive spring rate in which small bumps are easily absorbed but large bumps can hit pretty hard.

Off Road Capabilities: Unknown; I haven't tested them yet. I would anticipate good.

9EEP
9EEP's Reviews
06-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Price: $673.00
Pros: Great kit all around
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good shocks built to last. Nice ride nice lift

RainingThunder6
RainingThunder6's Reviews
05-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: this rides better then stock and it was simple to install. it took 7 hours but only because i ended up breaking a bolt then having to drill, then broke the tap, other then that it was simple.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just installed it a week ago and i love it. rides better then stock. handles better also. only needed 1/4" t-case drop also so your better off ordering it from northridge4x4 and not getting the t-case drop and use washers. i also didnt use the bump stop extensions. overall great kit id recommend to anyone looking for a superb ride on and off road.

CCGRUNT0331

CCGRUNT0331's Reviews
05-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Better ride than stock, more wheel travel
Cons: still feel the bumps, just not nearly as bad as stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the lift, kept the boxes in my truck, squeezed it into the 4wd shop (4 Wheel Specialties) to get done in an afternoon, drove it that evening, noticed they didnt tighten the steering stabalizer down (one screw) after that, no noticeable clinks or clanks and a better ride than stock, not to mention a little more ride height

mikereednv
mikereednv's Reviews
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Complete package
Cons: Harder to climb in now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides very much better than original, not too harsh. It is much taller than listed. I also have Air-Lift 1000 air bags in front to support a snowplow in winter. I run Wrangler RTS tires in summer and Dunlop 31's in the winter on black Cragars. Both tires perform their duties well, but the wider tires take the fuel mileage away quickly.

Synister1

The ghost of Jeepers past
Synister1's Reviews
04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Price: $975.00
Pros: Ride quality.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: OME is known for their quality suspensions and have had one on my old XJ before the getting the TJ so my expectations were reasonably high on it's ride.

With a little elbow grease the springs popped right in. The lift achieved was 3.25" on my 4cly. It is a little stiff in the rear but that was expected. I ordered the HD kit because of the hardtop and future rear bumper and swing out upgrades

Advantages of the 2.5" lift are you do not typically need a SYE and new drive-shafts. If you get binding a TC drop (without a body lift) or a motor mount lift (with body lift) will normally solve it.

Installed front and rear JKS trackbars along with this.

spicymike
spicymike's Reviews
04-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Cheap and easy, A little stiffer than stock which is a major plus. My ride doesn't get me sea sick anymore !!!
Cons: Bright yellow, Would dig an aluminum or dark grey finish
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this product.

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews

03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Price: $640.00
Pros: Easy to install - actually got close to 3.5 inches of lift
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One year review - Dave at Northridge was a great help in putting the lift together - also included JKS adj track bars front/rear and added adj control arms to adj front caster angle and at rear to adjust pinion angle. Added note after one year - great lift, great ride, no DW or BS - very happy about my decision.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews
02-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Price: $675.00
Pros: Easy install, quality product that has value beyond the price, for a reasonable price.
Cons: None. A great lift for the 1st time around.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed on an 05-Tj-X, I-6, manual 6-spd. Currently running 33's.

I'd never installed a lift before so I read everything I could get my eyes on before I started. Probably should have taken three hours or less, but, it took me eight. Took my time. The most difficult part was drilling the last hole to install the rear track bar bracket. Other than that, it was a REALLY fun day!

I've had it on there for over a year now. Done some moderate weelin' on the Naches Trail, Manastash Ridge, Liberty, Evans Creek, Walker Valley, Tahuya among others and it's been good. I can see upgrading to a long arm system in the future, but, it was the right amount of lift for me to start with. I did a 1" motor mount and a 1" body lift prior to installing the OME lift.

I did have to install rear, adjustable upper control arms after I put some 1-1/4" pucks in there. Yes, there were mild vibes for the first month after the initial OME install and a 4-wheel alignment. The vibes gradually disappeared as the lift settled. About that time I added the 1-1/4" pucks and thus had to upgrade the upper rear control arms.

Since then I added a SYE and CV/DS. I did so because I bent the shaft coming out of the transfer case while wheeling, not because the lift required it. At the end of the day it all worked out great. Now, about those axles...

Dave_NJTJ
Dave_NJTJ's Reviews

12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Price: $699.00
Pros: Easy install, good instructions, great ride and road manners.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the entire kit within about 4-5 hours in my driveway , only special tool required was a spring compressor. Good kit!

southbound

southbound's Reviews
12-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Pros: Rides smooth, flexes well and doesn't sag at all.
Cons: only one- price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
After I decided to lift my Jeep, I saved a little longer and went with this kit. It was a great decision, as I have no real complaints with it. It rides so smooth and is very firm. The kit leveled and lift my Jeep perfectly. It's been almost 6 months and 6k+ miles since the install and it hasn't shown any signs of sagging. Get the entire kit (leafs, shocks, bushings, ss)- this is a quality product that lives up to it's reputation.

jeepzap
jeepzap's Reviews
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Price: $12,000.00
Pros: like driving on a cloud
Cons: i wish they made a larger lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: http://www.dpgoff-road.com/
that guy is awesome. totally trust him no regrets

MoCab
MoCab's Reviews
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Price: $680.00
Pros: kit had all that was needed. springs shocks and steering damper.
Cons: OME doesn't make control arms.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best suspension tuned springs and shock for TJ. Keeps the on road manners same if not better than stock. and off road it is plain works.

moonshinefuel

moonshinefuel's Reviews
12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Excellent ride quality as far as leaf springs go. Better than stock ride, however I did remove my tracks and sway bar for now. I have 5/8ths boom shackles on all 4 corners which is factored in to the price.
Cons: Pricey bushings, but worth the money. This is not a cheap low priced suspension, really no cons I can think of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been using the 2.5 emu lift for a little while now. I have installed 5/8ths boomerang shackles on all 4 corners. All I can say is they are an excellent riding spring as far as comfort is concerned. All shackles torqued to specs. They are a bit flexy so riding on the interstate with no sway bar is probably going to be a little more flexy than harder springs, so installing the sway bar will shore it up if that is a factor. It is much better to have this problem as opposed to rock hard springs i.m.o. Ride quality is better than stock springs!

YJWarrior
YJWarrior's Reviews

11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Price: $872.00
Pros: Better ride than stock and improved street manners
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had this installed at 4Wheel Parts in Denver. I have a 95 YJ and it was in despirate need of a suspension replacement in addition to me wanting to lift it. The great thing about OME is that it's not just a lift kit...it's a full suspension upgrade. I wound up with a 4" lift from where it was because the springs were in such bad shape!

Now i"m onto an SRS!

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Pros: Easy install, great ride (better than stock, imho), and well designed and constructed.
Cons: Not sure I like the way the lower front shocks mount. I think the stock is a better design as it has holes rather than slots to bolt the shock in with.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Way smoother ride than my 10 year old suspension had, it also doesn't dive during braking, it doesn't have the heavy feel I had before with the weight of the bumper, winch, etc. pulling it down. The OME steering stabilizer helped in that as well I suspect. Highly recommended system if you don't need to go too high!

IdahoTJ
IdahoTJ's Reviews

10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Pros: Easy install, great ride (better than stock, imho), and well designed and constructed.
Cons: Not sure I like the way the lower front shocks mount. I think the stock is a better design as it has holes rather than slots to bolt the shock in with.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Way smoother ride than my 10 year old suspension had, it also doesn't dive during braking, it doesn't have the heavy feel I had before with the weight of the bumper, winch, etc. pulling it down. The OME steering stabilizer helped in that as well I suspect. Highly recommended system if you don't need to go too high!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.