Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Old Man Emu OME 2.5" HD lift kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $996.74
Manufacturer: Old Man Emu
Recommended?
Yes: 65 / No: 1

OME's basic package (OMETJHK) for TJ's, heavy duty edition designed for jeeps that haul a little weight.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

muddflow
muddflow's Reviews
11-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Variable springs, dual rate. Good for a constant load and towing. Kit came with the older style N series twin tube shocks. ADD-A-Leaf available.
Cons: None I can think of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Draw Tapered & Diamond Cut Leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
Bolt Clamps & Liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
Fully Scragged & Load Tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent 'set' which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
Graphite Coating: To further reduce the friction between the spring leaves & friction pads.
Military Wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
Anti Friction Pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
Flat Axle Seat Area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress & increasing spring life.
Shot Peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
Two-stage Leaf Pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.

XJDaniel
XJDaniel's Reviews
09-13-2014, 04:10 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Install is easy
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good simple lift kit!
No problems as of yet, and it doesn't look crazy as a daily driver.

D700

D700's Reviews
08-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Price: $825.00
Pros: Freaking awesome ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A superb product

BlackGeep
BlackGeep's Reviews
07-27-2014, 12:29 AM
Price: $780.00
Pros: Awesome, ride is amazing, lift looks awesome.
Cons: Slightly more than your average garage mechanic can do at home. Front springs extremely strong, had to use wall mount compressor to resemble struts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would choose this over a spacer lift every time. Not only do you get the desired height and ride but you also get fresh springs shocks and struts to help prolong the life of the suspension and vehicle. It's the same install time and procedure to do either one so it's worth the extra five hundred bucks. Would have done UCA if I could have afforded it.

McNasty35

McNasty35's Reviews
03-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: easy install, very well made, have not sagged after three years of use.
Cons: I wish they made a 3.5" version
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift myself over 3 years ago. I started out on 31" tires and no armor. The Jeep now sits on 35's, is fully armored, full size spare, wife, baby, dog, and gear. I wheel the piss out of my Jeep and these coils and shocks hold up great. The ride is better than stock. The shocks are the sport version and they eat up large bumps like nothing. The smaller cracks and bumps in the road are more noticeable, but it doesn't bother me any. Very happy with OME.

maxtendad
maxtendad's Reviews
05-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Rides great!
Cons: only had it a week so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2006/ limited/ 4.7 v8/ 2.5HD OME lift/ Q2
This lift is great for an everyday driver. I have Rubicon factory takeoffs BFG 265-70-17 with 1.5in spacers. Pinch weld mod is needed front and rear. Went from just over 20mpg to right at 18mpg (but I drive 60mph every where I go). The spare fits under when its deflated.

mdutton
mdutton's Reviews
04-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: Excellent ride
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it from DPG Offroad Dirk was great

bhawks28

bhawks28's Reviews
04-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Price: $760.00
Pros: lift!!!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great

umake
umake's Reviews
03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Pros: Easy install, great ride quality, looks great
Cons: Rear track bar instructions were a little confusing, but not a big deal.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fantastic list system. Was easy to install, although getting the old parts out was a different story. Ride quality was improved and off-road articulation was greatly enhanced. Recommended!

SaskquaTJ
SaskquaTJ's Reviews

11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Easy Install Ride is awesome
Cons: Instructions are a bit suspect...there are none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did a lot of research before deciding on the OME kit. I have also spent a lot of time in Australia and know these guys have a vast testing ground for some serious off-roading.
Installed the HD kit about 10 months (10,000 miles ago) and have absolutely loved it. I have ridden in friends TJ's with other systems and they might have an extra inch of lift but in my opinion the ride is not nearly a smooth as with the OME. It's a bit more pricey than the average kit but for me...I got what I paid for and more. My next Jeep will have another OME lift for sure!!

ellF

ellF's Reviews
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Great lift, especially for a daily driver that needs to retain road handling manners.
Cons: It's still only 2.5".
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift, overall; while only 2.5", it performs as expected. I routinely carry heavy loads in my XJ (camping gear, lumber for woodworking, etc.), and the rear suspension never sags -- stepping up from stock leafsprings, that's a huge improvement.

ramthis426

ramthis426's Reviews
10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: i love this lift it looks great,rides great and was not to hard to install myself. when i was done i was setting at about 3inches of lift and i could not be happier
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best lift on the market i would never even think of buying anything else

rlm1389
rlm1389's Reviews
08-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Nice fit, Nice look for a light suspension lift!
Cons: OME Sport Nitro's provide firmer ride than anticipated. Great offroad but you defiantly get a feel for the asphalt with these.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy overall with the OME deluxe kit. As noted above, the ride is firmer than I expected on the highway but well within tolerances and much better than the worn out factory springs and shocks. Derek at DPG.COM really took the time to make sure I had everything I needed to have a clean install which was greatly appreciated. Kit came with Old Man Emu Sport Nitro Shocks, full leaf packs and coil springs, JKS Adj. Track Bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, and hardware. Fit was good and other than a few broken bolts to deal with, install went smoothly.

03rubiMaroon
03rubiMaroon's Reviews
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Gets the job done
Cons: None so for
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This came on my jeep rubicon when I bought it so I don't want to throw anyone off on a review. I like this for it is my first lifted vehicle.

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Price: $730.00
Pros: Stock ride, decent price
Cons: no instructions, only two year warranty
Recommended? No

Comments: Installing the rear track bar relocation bracket was a PITA, make sure you have a short air powered drill to drill the top bracket hole. Otherwise, no further issues, no driveline vibes (I have 1.25" BL & 1" MML on my LJ). If i were to do it again, I most likely go with American made BDS with a lifetime warranty FWIW.

JEEPSRK
JEEPSRK's Reviews
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Price: $835.99
Pros: rides real smooth on rough roads
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It can be dangerous at highway speeds because it is so soft if you swerve you run the risk of rolling, but it is nice for rough dirt roads

SaskquaTJ
SaskquaTJ's Reviews

05-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Pros: Great ride Came with steering stabilizer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I did a lot of reading about these kits before I bought and installed the OME kit. Great on-road feel (I commute a lot in my TJ) and even better in the rough stuff. Worth the premium paid, and would recommend to anyone!

mark23

mark23's Reviews
05-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Price: $900.00
Pros: great ride
Cons: little pricey and did not come with instructions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, but I had to call quadratec because it did not come with instructions for the shackles, they had no clue. Call ARB but they were not open on weekends so install was delayed. The lift did not come with any hardware so it had to be purchased separate. New u bolts and spring bolts are a must with an old jeep.

vada9
vada9's Reviews
03-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Price: $710.00
Pros: Great ride, towing, flex, quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great complete susp. lift for WK platform..best you can buy in the market.

f6fun
f6fun's Reviews
03-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Price: $785.00
Pros: Complete kit. Easy Install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well made, easy install.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.