Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Nth Degree Mobillity (TJ5) 5th Degree TJ Lift-4.5" Long Arm-Gyro Joint

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Nth Degree Mobillity (TJ5) 5th Degree TJ Lift-4.5" Long Arm-Gyro Joint Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Nth Degree Mobillity (TJ5) 5th Degree TJ Lift-4.5" Long Arm-Gyro Joint

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $4,000.00
Average Price: $2,666.00
Manufacturer: Nth Degree Mobillity
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 0

Extreme Ground Clearance Gains, more available ground clearance than any other Long or Short Arm Suspension System on the market. We achieve our ground clearance with our Ultra High Clearance Control Arms and High Clearance Tummy Tucker center skid plate.
First True Dual Purpose Jeep TJ Suspension System. We designed our kit for the TJ owner that has a daily driver and plans on driving to the most extreme of trails, through the trail and home again. To do this your Jeep must perform as good or better than the stock suspension on road and have the ultimate articulation potential and ground clearance available for the offroad abuse.
Truly Engineered Suspension. Our Suspension Systems are designed by a true Vehicle Dynamics Engineer that used to work at, you guessed it! Utilizing his thorough knowledge of Stock Suspension Systems takes our peformance to a level above competitors designs through perfected geometry with an innovative outside the box way of thinking.

* TJ5 4.5" Suspension System is designed for 33" Tires without any other Jeep height Modifications.
* GyroJoint™ Technology: Super-isolating ‘ball & socket’ bushing design provides amazingly smooth ride, on-car length adjustability, and infinite articulation potential.
* ‘Dog Leg’ Control Arms provide unmatched ground clearance near the tires.
* Interlocked Subframes provide solid base for control arms and only lowers the Tummy Tucker™ Center Skid Plate by ¼”.
* Frequency-Tuned™ Springs deliver proper on-road handling and great off-road flex.
* Stoutly braced Front & Rear Track Bar brackets provide crisp handling with high lateral stiffness.
* Rear Spring Seat Relocation Brackets correctly position the springs and bumpstops over the axle.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews

12-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Price: $3,995.00
Pros: Cool design offering maximum in clearance and relatively low maintenance
Cons: expensive price, no longer available
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been running my kit since January 2007 and overall have been pretty happy with the kit. I upgraded to a Swayloc in the front and I am about to add a Currie front trac bar and remove the Nth kit's trac bar brace and WJ trac bar. OME shocks in the front and Bilstein 7100 rear reservoir shocks work well with this lift.

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews

01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Price: $4,000.00
Pros: Rides great and is very responsive on road. Been reliable for me overall for the past five years I have run the lift.
Cons: Lift should have come with some sort of rear sway bar link extenders to be considered a full suspension upgrade. High maintenance costs associated with the design. Front upper CA design contacts the D44 housing making a loud pop noise. Was able to go 40k on my lower CA bushings but they were shot.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift but not perfect. I would recommend this lift (4.5" version at least) but with recent changes on the direction of innovation for the TJ suspension I would almost recommend other options for low COG.

Woodchuck

Woodchuck's Reviews
11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: NONE
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is actually the old AEV lift but it was not listed.

USMCEOD

USMCEOD's Reviews
01-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Price: $3,999.00
Pros: Actually I have the 6" Long Arm. Its great. Smoother than any short arm lift ive ridden over.
Cons: price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have the nth degree 6" long arm lift. I bought it before Nth Degree became a part of AEV. Since then AEV has painted them black and made a few improvements. I cant imagine what improvements were made, because the things works great. The steeper pinion angle causes some concern, but thats what you gamble with a 6" lift. The lift handles very well, it completely outshines any short arm lift ive ever been in, and is near the top of the line as far as long arm lifts go.

omgwtfbbqcopter
omgwtfbbqcopter's Reviews
12-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: It rides pretty nice on the street, but a little bumpy. It's probably because I'm not used to driving a lifted vehicle.
Cons: None listed.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift kit was already installed on the Jeep when I bought it. It has served me very well, and i really like how it's set up. It's actually a short arm kit offered by Nth Degree for a short amount of time. It includes skid plates for pretty much everything you'd want, and replaces pretty much everything in the suspension, even the bolts.

NakedJeeper

NakedJeeper's Reviews

05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Provides excellent street ride but can be high maintenance. New ownership by AEV changes everything.

44 NSB

NSB Florida Jeep
44 NSB's Reviews

03-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Price: $4,000.00
Pros: Quality kit
Cons: Not an easy install if you go outside the Dana 44 axle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ride is good, the wheel/tire clearance is excellent, flexes well. I installed it around a Currie Rock Jock Dana 60. This presented some major fabrication challenges in making the stinger fit. I also ordered old man emu shocks, an oil pan skid, a currie front sway bar, and a currie heavy duty steering kit. It all came to about $5000.

toastervet
toastervet's Reviews

02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Pros: excellent ride and road handling.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the 6 inch lift. So far its great. Very smooth on and off road.Nth designers did their homework.