Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Iron Rock Offroad WJ 3" Lift Kit

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Iron Rock Offroad WJ 3" Lift Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Iron Rock Offroad WJ 3" Lift Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $538.55
Manufacturer: Iron Rock Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

from the site:

Fits 265-70-16 (30.6 x 10.4 x 16) tires on OEM wheels with no trimming even with the sway bar disconnected. Tires will periodically contact rear shocks, but most people choose to ignore this. It will clear 265-75-16 (31.6 x 10.43 x 16) on OEM wheels with the sway bar connected, but will require minor trimming (mostly front bumper) or 3" extended front bump stops to run this size with the sway bar disconnected. Tires will periodically contact rear shocks, but most people choose to ignore this.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

KillaKeys17
KillaKeys17's Reviews
06-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Smooth ride
Cons: Cheap shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the 3" lift kit without shocks and upgraded to bilsteins 5100 and the ride is great. I also upgraded to the adj JKS trac bar and have no complaints. If you want to get the most lift out of your kit you need to replace all 8 spring isolators because more than likely the stock iso's are badly worn.

golfinWJ
golfinWJ's Reviews

11-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Added ground clearance, looks better, easy directions to follow and not very difficult to install
Cons: No pictures of the install in the instructions. Should give you new and bigger bolts for the adjustable track bar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift went together pretty easy and without much headache. If you want to add some additional height without breaking the bank then this is the lift for you. Just be sure to save a little extra money to change other needed parts as needed after the lift (bushings, steering stabilizer, etc.) If you get the adjustable track bar be prepared to get a new and bigger bolt for the lower track bar mounting point. The original bolt is a little small and my lead to some clunking.

its-me-B
its-me-B's Reviews
03-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: nice ride, good size lift without getting into custom driveshafts and ect.
Cons: no instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought this from kolak, without shocks and added the adjustable trackbar. i installed this kit by myself in about 13 hours over two days... had a few issue's but was able to get everything buttoned up. it looks really nice and gave much needed ground clearance.

04beachwheeler
04beachwheeler's Reviews
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Price: $680.00
Pros: easy to install (5 hrs), tough components, springs and track bar are beefy as hell. Directions were very clear and easy to understand.
Cons: DT800 shocks are beefy but way too stiff for a WJ. They definitely contribute to my worsening death wobble but the bumpstops are kind of a kool feature.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install only took my dad and me about 5 hours on a saturday afternoon. The rear was a bit more difficult only because the rear springs were kind of annoying to get to stay in the isolators. Beware of your alignment getting extremely screwed up after you drop it off the lift. I had my steering wheel turned about 50 degrees to the right whule the wheels were straight. Any alignment shop can obviously fix that. Great lift, great service from IRO.

alwaysHI
alwaysHI's Reviews
12-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great entry level kit and an affordable price, comes with everything you need, easy to follow instructions even a 1st time mechanic.
Cons: Doestch shocks are REALLY stiff, it'll crawl and flex unbelievably but when it comes to rapid up and down movement, it tires quickly and bounces.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had the lift on for about 5 months now, and about 4500 miles on it. Still rides great. Read carefully in the product con's I gave, cause if you expect to be speeding down fire roads, uneven terrain, the Doestch shocks are not for you. If you crawl a lot of rocks/uneven terrain, and do slow speed off-roading, then by all means go for the Doestch upgrade. The lift had perfect fit and finish and very easy to follow instructions. You can either rent a spring compressor or lower your axles to make the longer springs fit.

I netter over 3" of lift with this kit, it came out to 3.5" at first, then settled to 3.25".

bowring23
bowring23's Reviews
10-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: easy install took me and my dad about 6 hours.. 4 on the rear end
Cons: none so far rides great but the rear installation instructions could be better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: rides great even with hydros, better than it has since ive owned it even though a little bit more bounce while driving

DAG6ER
DAG6ER's Reviews
10-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Awsome Ride
Cons: Expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: iron rock off road really makes a good product and it rides very well better than stock i would say

huntandfish
huntandfish's Reviews

11-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Price: $568.00
Pros: ON SALE Great flex Good instructions Great price All included Great customer service
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: IRO did a good job with this.

Kit is on sale for 499 and i got the $69 doetsch tech 8000 shock upgrade. Great combo. Took about 5-6 hours with a couple of buddies on a lift.

Customer service kicked *** as i made to more orders following this with no dissapointments.

I suggest bar pin eliminators to top it off as a done deal.

Shoot me an email if you want pics
iseemetoo@hotmail.com

corvettekid82
corvettekid82's Reviews
10-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Great kit, easy install. Perfect height for a wj, how it should have come stock.
Cons: Standard shocks are a big no-no
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Definitely get upgraded shocks, the "house" brand shocks are pretty rough. Otherwise this kit has what you need at an awesome price. Wheeled it hard a few times and left the sway bars connected and still did great.