Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Iron Rock Offroad IRO 3.5" Suspension Kit

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Iron Rock Offroad IRO 3.5" Suspension Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Iron Rock Offroad IRO 3.5" Suspension Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $997.00
Average Price: $567.65
Manufacturer: Iron Rock Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 23 / No: 0

IRO 3.5" suspension lift. F-R Swap
Includes Front Springs,Adj. Trackbar,All swabar links,Shocks and hardware.
Recommend Adj. rear trackbar

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

zRoxxah
zRoxxah's Reviews
09-19-2013, 04:14 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Great
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: perfect 3.5", went with bilstein 5100's instead. i would recommend for someone who wants a nice dd/offroad hybrid

GreenMachine_x
GreenMachine_x's Reviews
08-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Pros: WORKS REAL NICE!& LOOK GREAT
Cons: IRON ROCK PEOPLE THERE WILL BE HELP.& OR NICE WILL BUY ALL MY STUFF THERE. IF THEY GOT IT..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: HAD TO CALL IRON ROCK FOR A LITTLE HELP THEY WERE GREAT,& MAN MY JEEP LOOK GREAT WITH THAT LIFT,,JUST THE WAY A JEEP SHOULD LOOK.

luger10
luger10's Reviews
09-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: rides just like factory
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it all fit great and no mods and with the full packs it rides smooth and is not rough riding at all. well worth the money even a friend with RE said he would go to iro over RE again.

xDJxJUSTx
xDJxJUSTx's Reviews
08-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Price: $339.00
Pros: Price
Cons: Nothing so far, except I wish it would of came with instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I cant believe that it took me 5 hours to lift the front! No instructions, all hand tools, no spring compressor. Ha!

97JeepZJ5spd
97JeepZJ5spd's Reviews
07-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Price: $641.00
Pros: Awesome lift kit, won't go wrong!
Cons: Nothing! beside the Nitro shocks..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Absolutly a GREAT buy! Damn cheap, easy to install as with most other lift kits this style. The shocks are a bit rough but that isn;t the suspention. The springs are great, the Double Shear Heavy Duty Adjustable Front Trac Bar is supurb and everything is quality made!

cjkish86
cjkish86's Reviews
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Great HD parts
Cons: not for extreme trails
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a great kit i installed myself i have had it for about a year now and it's great for the trails. i dont take my jeep on too crazy of trails but it still will get me to destination B. i highly recommend this kit if you are not an extreme offroader.

kirbyZJORVIS
kirbyZJORVIS's Reviews
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Price: $449.00
Pros: Great lift recommend to everyon
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just bought my ZJ ORVIS and first thing I got was this Iron Rock 3.5in lift

Airborn
Airborn's Reviews
04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Looks great, price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great way to give your zj a nice stance/offroad performance

Rumblefish75

Rumblefish75's Reviews
02-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Pros: affordable, easy to install, complete bolt on, comes with adjustable front track bar kit, fast shipping.
Cons: extended front sway bar links are a little iffy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 3.5" benchmark kit. Front to rear spring swap. Very easy to install. Comes with the RC hydro shocks unless you choose to upgrade, which I'm wishing I had. Also comes with adjustable front track bar and new bracket that replaces your old ball joint type track bar, which is also very easy to install. You will need a front end alignment after installing this kit. All in all a very good, affordable lift package that will definitely make a huge difference. I was very happy with the end result.

indylodown
indylodown's Reviews
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy install, quality product, easy to follow instructions
Cons: haven't found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far this lift has been flawless, easy to read instructions, quality parts and easy to install. The price was reasonable since we were on a budget. Able to run bigger tires on factory rims with minor trimming.

ZJohn
ZJohn's Reviews

02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Pros: IRO has very good quality product's and good customer service.
Cons: None on products recieved
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would highly recommend if you install the 3.5 F/R swap kit in a ZJ that you also purchase adjustable upper arms & adjustable front and rear track bars.
I eventually added 2" spacers and stainless brake hoses. Turned out very nice.

pkoehrer
pkoehrer's Reviews
11-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: complete kit actually lifted it 4"
Cons: rides like a damn dump truck
Recommended? Yes

Comments: only issue i had / have is one shock (front) came with the incorrect threaded nut for the top shock mount other than that it wasnt too bad could possibly use some better instructions

RedRock527
RedRock527's Reviews
10-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Pros: Decent Price, good quality, easy install, Looks good and works good
Cons: If you don't get a rear trackbar, your rear swaybars may hit the coil spring causes a loud clunk... The instructions could be better... but I'm not complaining.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this lift. The quality of the stuff is very good, and IRO is very helpful if you have any questions. The lift is affordable and just a great kit if you looking to get 3-4 inches. I would recommend getting front and rear trackbars with the lift. My rear sway bar on the passenger side hit the rear coil spring causing a loud clunk until I got a new rear trackbar. Overall I would recommend this lift to anyone looking for an affordable, good quality 3-4 inch lift.

LeCoq

LeCoq's Reviews
10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Nice simple lift. Affordable
Cons: Not level on my Jeep, rear is an inch lower than the front.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple and easy to install but not level. Ride quality is stiffer than I would like but overall good quality lift.

ZJ4LIFE
ZJ4LIFE's Reviews
05-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Price: $1,130.00
Pros: Gives you a great lift for the money and customer service is the top.
Cons: nothing to say about the kit it self. no con's here
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this kit on my ZJ on 05/19/2010. gona break it done for you all
IR-Z3LK=474.99
DT-D8000U=69.99 (check lower Polyurethane bushings)
if they come out in small pieces and feel like wax,contact: DOETSCH TECH via Web site contact they will send you new ones 4FREE no shipping cost.
TO-ZHDSS=29.99
M00337-BK=3.99 each
IR-ZRCSI=37.99
IR-XFCSI=24.99
IR-Z3RSP=119.99
IR-ZTCDK=39.99
IR-ZRCSR=29.99
IR-ZRTBDB=39.99
IR-ZARTB=139.99
shipping +110 total of 3 boxes
after you add all this,it makes for a great kit,an alignment will be needed. The sale and after sale customer service rocks. I had this install by my friends shop,so i got a good deal on the install,seens i got no heavy tools at home.

kwellzz
kwellzz's Reviews
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Great kit for short arms. Can run 32's with very minor trimming
Cons: Shocks suck ass. Front springs can be worn and will cause rear to be lower.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Goes on quick--6 hrs or so.
Need to upgrade to Addco Front and Rear anti-sway bar. Make sure you have adjustable track bars for front and rear.

tige_tower
tige_tower's Reviews
10-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Price: $330.00
Pros: very nice
Cons: missing small parts from it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a good lift for the money it was missing small parts when got to my door but all n all happy with it

97DCZJ

97DCZJ's Reviews
09-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Everything you need, made my truck look great!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the IRO 3.5" F>R swap. Extremely affordable and made me love my truck even more.

yasika116
yasika116's Reviews
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Price: $540.00
Pros: cheap fairly easy has almost everything needed
Cons: buy a rear track bar with your lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i recommend you use a spring compressor to install the kit all though most say otherwise

kmk108

kmk108's Reviews
06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Cheap, good quality, great customer service, clear instructions
Cons: swapping the front springs to the rear gives it a rough ride, shocks that come with the lift (rough country) are really rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose this lift because 1) it was one of the cheapest, 2) it was the most recommended lift for a zj, 3) i heard that IRO's customer service is among the best.
All of these reasons met my highest expectations. It is an awesome kit from an awesome parts company that is always willing to help.
My experience after lifting was bad at first. My ride was, imo horrible. I got it aligned, and just after, it would get knocked out of alignment. I got a new SS and that helped. I was still getting DW. I got new control arms in the front and that fixed my dw issues. It also helped smooth out the ride in the front. I got a pair of Rubicon express springs instead of using the stock rear springs and that massively helped with ride.
My recommendation is 1) when you are installing the lift, check your control arm bushings. 2) Buy a pair of rear springs instead of using the front springs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last