Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Full Traction 3" Economy Kit

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Full Traction 3" Economy Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Full Traction 3" Economy Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $625.00
Average Price: $475.59
Manufacturer: Full Traction
Recommended?
Yes: 18 / No: 1

3" spring lift including coils, swaybar disconnects, front adjustable trackbar, rear trackbar bracket, 1" t-case drop, front brake line drop brackets, rear swaybar links, etc

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

conley04
conley04's Reviews
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: minimal, even settling
Cons: disco's are terrible, had to modify linchpin so it wouldn't rub on frame
Recommended? Yes

Comments: solid lift kit, everything you want while letting you add the other components. good value. could easily run 33's

Viperus
Viperus's Reviews
09-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Price: $577.99
Pros: Easy install, gave about 4" lift
Cons: A little rough but I can live with that
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Included everything you need, gave about 4" of lift

ScottD06X
ScottD06X's Reviews
12-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Price: $549.00
Pros: Included adjustable track bar, Swaybar disconnects and rear track bar relocation bracket.
Cons: Poorly written - vague instructions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is my first lift and the first lift I've ever installed. Kit included every bolt and bracket that you need, just not exact instructions identifying which one to use in some locations. Springs, trackbar, relocation brackets for brake lines, all bolts and mounting hardware were included. My particular kit came with the sway bar disconnects assembled and 1 of the bolt/nut combinations was mis-matched and the threads on the bolt were stripped. - Impressions after the install - I love the amount of lift I got out of this kit. It's more than 3 inches and the jeep sat perfectly level with no adjustments to rake required. This kit does not come with lower control arms or a drop pitman but neither were needed in my case. All that was required was a minor adjustment to the drag link to re-align the steering wheel. Stock LCA's are BARELY long enough and not adjustable without the purchase of CAM bolts (not included). You will end up losing a little caster that you can't adjust out without the adjustable LCA's. Quality of the materials seem to be high. Fit and finish - excellent - more than I expected out of a budget kit.

oj707
oj707's Reviews
10-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: comes with front adjustable track bar :) and sway bar disconnects :)
Cons: its only 3 inches. no control arms. no brake line extensions. no pitnam arm drop. you have to space your t/c skid.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this was just the basic lift for my jeep. it came with the swaybar disconnects and some good amount of lift. from there i built up. so this is a really good starter lift if you wanna go up a lil but dont have the cash

orngechevy
orngechevy's Reviews
05-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Price: $380.00
Pros: cheap,complete,easy install
Cons: its only a 3"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this has been a excelent lift for the price but I have outgrown it wanting bigger tires and more lift .

+GRAVES+

Corporate Whore
+GRAVES+'s Reviews
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: good flex, pretty smooth ride with added skyjacker hydros. great price. fairly easy install
Cons: swaybar quick discos are average. most of the time I have to use a hammer to tap everything apart & put it back together
Recommended? No

Comments: This is the only lift kit I've ever installed, other than mix and match stuff with rubicon springs & spacers. This kit blows away the mix & match stuff. The flex is good. Had some rubbing issues so I added 1" body lift to clear my 33's. Now they tuck nicely under the flares. No sagging so far. I'll update if anything changes. I'd say a this is a good kit at a good price... but I did get a great deal when it was on sale

**EDIT 8/11/11***

After running this for a few years and several off road trips, I can say my stock front LCA's have had the crap beaten out of them. I've had to replace 3 times (2 driver, 1 passenger). I'd definitely add adjustable LCA's to this setup. I also replaced the sway bar discos with another brand quite awhile back because the kit's were junk. I had to replace the TRE on my adjustable Track bar too. The springs seem to be holding up, no sagging that I can see. I'd recommend to get something more robust if you plan to do much wheeling.

**EDIT 8/24/11***

Now I can be more blunt. Don't buy this kit if you plan to go 4 wheeling. You'll eventually end up replacing all the parts with better quality. I haven't done a TON of wheeling with this kit, but it was always on difficult terrain. I replaced the TRE on the Track bar awhile back & now I discovered the Bushing is shot. I already spent $35 on a Moog TRE, only to find out Full Traction sells a kit- replacement TRE & Bushing for $60. They will separate & sell the bushing alone for $35 (plus shipping). However, I won't be wasting my money because it will just fail again. I now need to look for a better quality adjustable Track bar. So basically all I will have left on my Jeep from this kit are the springs. I'm not upset I bought this kit, I didn't have the money for something more expensive at the time. But by the time I'm finished replacing parts, I will have easily spent more than if I bought a better kit from the start.

Bethlehem

Bethlehem's Reviews

03-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good after almost a year. I only have mild offroad experience so I don't feel qualified to rate it for that. The street and highway feel is slightly smoother than stock on a '98 TJ. I hear bad things about their customer service but the price was so good I went for it. It seems to be a good economy kit at a low price.

TigerFanTJ
TigerFanTJ's Reviews

12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

scottman

scottman's Reviews

12-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit overall. I netted nore than 3 inches of lift. Their discos suck though.

LDO

LDO's Reviews

11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very complete kit. Did not need to use the Transfer Case Drop with the LJ. When installing the front bumpstops make sure you drill spring perch, zip tie bump stop to the inner spring, install spring then secure the bumpstop with provided bolt. If not you will have a hard time getting the spring into place. Only other area that took some time was getting the front track bar adjusted. You can move the axle with the steering wheel to help get it positioned correctly.

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product for an economy lift kit! Not sure what more to say but have toget 75 characters!

BlackBellamy

BlackBellamy's Reviews

09-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great value - wish the instructions were a bit better but hey. Also would have paid more for an adj rear track bar to be included.

slimP

slimP's Reviews

09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Full Traction 3
Price: $330.00
Pros: Price, Quality Product
Cons: Directions suck Shocks Suck... upgrade to a different shock.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, everything went on pretty easy. The directions really suck though. If you read the installs on the forums and websites, you shouldn't have many problems. I think I recieved 3.5-4" from this kit.

Here's a picture of my 3" economy lift and 33x12.50 Kumho kl71's

dmicucci
dmicucci's Reviews

09-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent kit that is very complete. Includes everything that you'll need. Rides excellent, flexes excellent. Highly recommended!

kevincctx
kevincctx's Reviews

08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: my first lift and went smooth. Besides shocks, the kit came complete. Instructions had some cloudy areas, but i was able to figure em out.

bigjoe611
bigjoe611's Reviews

05-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides well. I have paired it with the Old Man Emu shocks. The ride is close to stock.

BM20
BM20's Reviews

05-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Price: $623.00
Pros: Cost, Components
Cons: Bad Directions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sent the wrong size bolts for the rear bumpstops and didnt allow for the zerk on the front trackbar. Overall, nice kit. Even more so when the cost is factored in. Price paid is including shocks. Stiffer than stock ride but not bad. M-Force Shocks.

Jeep-5O
Jeep-5O's Reviews

04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cool

flatlander757

flatlander757's Reviews

04-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the 3" economy kit w/ the M-force mono tubes and it rides great. It soaks up large bumps alright, lots of quick bumps seem to happen too quickly for it to smoothly cycle fast enough causing a bit of a rough ride depending on the road you're on. Flexes GREAT off road when disconnected. The disconnects are a pain to use but get the job done until you can get JKS quicker disconnects or antirock/swayloc/etc. I netted about 3.75" of lift even after 4 months and 9000 miles.