Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Fabtech 4" Performance kit

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Fabtech 4" Performance kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Fabtech 4" Performance kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,100.00
Average Price: $879.53
Manufacturer: Fabtech
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 3

Fabtech's 4" Suspension System features four heavy wall tubular lower link arms with rotational urethane pivot joint assemblies on each end to provide articulation like a heim joint but without the noisy highway ride. System includes billet transfer case spacers, pitman arm, rear sway bar links, bump stops, rear trac bar bracket and front sway bar disconnect links. Kit includes front and rear extended length coil springs and will provide clearance for 33x12.50 tires

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

benedryl51
benedryl51's Reviews
01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

Fergi_1264

water lover
Fergi_1264's Reviews
08-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: gave room for large tires
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: welded disconnects was a bonus.

Vulgar_Goods
Vulgar_Goods's Reviews

08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Fairly simple to install. All parts were there.
Cons: Some parts not ideal for their location on vehicle.
Recommended? No

Comments: First let me say that I was able use a space in a local auto garage. This was a major benefit since most the parts on my Jeep are stock and have never been touched, so it seems. If I had to do this in my garage on the floor it would have been a week long project after work.

Starting with the parts in the kit, they were all there plus some I didn't need at all. (The ones for "if this model then use that part.) For the most part everything went well but it still took a buddy and me a full 8 hours to do. Here is where i have to add that there were some issues do to old bolts breaking, nuts coming lose in the frame, things like that...otherwise it may have been a 5-6 hour job. Anyway, I guess the only things to really mention would be these:

1. The front bracket for the track bar didn't properly fit around the OEM bracket. We had to grind off about 1/2" total to get it on then ended up welding it since we didn't have a drill bit strong enough to get through the OEM bracket for the upper bolt.

2.The rear track bar bracket extension reuses the original bolts. The only issue I have here is that you can't reverse the bolt so that the head is near the gas tank. This is a design issue from Jeep and NOT from Fabtech. I only bring this up because a few weeks ago I had the rear sway bar bolt break on the driver side and because that bolt is threaded front-to-back it poked a hole in my fuel tank.

3.I have a manual transmission and the linkage for the 4-low got jammed on the front bracket bolt. We managed to fix this by simply drilling a new hole to realign things.

Overall I think this is a solid kit and is money well spent. I would recommend this to others and would definetly look at Fabtech again in the future. I'll try to post pics later but for now I can't since I'm still pretty new here.

sjones26573

Au revoir, gopher.
sjones26573's Reviews
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Durable. Perfect for what I need.
Cons: Everythings black except for plain white shocks. Wanted some color or decals but thats what you get with a basic lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine is a 4" basic lift. No real cons for this system. Its great

robbijer
robbijer's Reviews
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Complete kit
Cons: sway bar disconnects are bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nothing exceptionally fancy about the kit. It came on my Jeep from previous owner. Was upgraded to lower control arms with flex joints on each end. The flex joints work and held up well. The sway bar disconnects that come with this kit are not very good at all, very difficult to use, replaced with JKS.

keaton

keaton's Reviews
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Good quality parts, decent flex
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pieced the lift together but gave me just the amount of lift i needed and has a mean stance.

spittindurt

spittindurt's Reviews

02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Ok lift, not the greatest. LCA's are no longer than stock but the JJ look alike joints do twist/flex very well. Greaseable joints are quite and dont seem to be wearing out. Drop trackbar bracket in front is cracking out and will need to be re welded. Springs seem a little stiff to me. Along with my 1.25'' JKS BL this setup alows me to run 35'' MT's so I'm happy that way. If I had to do again would deff go with some one else RE,RK,etc.

KodiakBuzz
KodiakBuzz's Reviews

12-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: hidsfy8fuofiadjofrqfusadufsdifdsjdssdfkjfkjlfkjlds sdflkjsdfkjlsdfkjliadjpoijohaefiowetfhhewehtf4iofh dfd8ihyw8erwhiyoetwfihoetihojpetwhwitwtihjo

Jgrand03
Jgrand03's Reviews

11-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great kit especially for beginners installing their first lift. The springs are a bit stiff but after removing the trac bars and sway bar it rides a bit smoother

Skatertony528
Skatertony528's Reviews

10-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Price: $990.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift but the guy who helped me put it on messed up the screws in the top of 1 of the shocks and it came out.1 other problem that i had with this lift is that the new lower control arms make alot of noise when i hit bumps but i think i just need new bushings.

Porky
Porky's Reviews

10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Price: $880.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift, no squeeks or rattles. I don't the angle of the sway bar drop links.

mascun
mascun's Reviews

09-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Price: $950.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really happy with fabtech straight foward install xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

locolongball
locolongball's Reviews

08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the basic kit, not performance, if you got the money get the performance. Mine rides stiff, and I would like the detachable sway bars. Not a big deal, I did the upgrade, and I'll upgrade my shocks later. Good Lift.

Rafikie

Rafikie's Reviews

07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Pros: haven't found any
Cons: stiff
Recommended? No

Comments: Actually installed a basic kit. Took 2-3 days to install during my spare time after work. Solid product, however I wish it flexed just a little more. Knowing what I do now I would have gone with a longarm kit instead. Although this kit does perform very, besides having to replace the rear shocks within 1 year do to bad seals.

EDIT: Some more time has passed and I found myself cutting the ends off the LCAs to add Jonny Joints. Rear spring and shocks (yes again for the shocks) have been replaced with BDS components. Changed my recommendation from yes to NO. Save your money or just buy the no name cheap kit and know what your getting up front.

BIG RED86
BIG RED86's Reviews

05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Price: $722.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over all I am happy with the Fabtech lift that I installed, it has been able to take what i have trown at it so far

onlyn8v
onlyn8v's Reviews

05-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It does what it should, I got blue they dont offer blue anymore. It looks nice, works well- Im going 6" soon