Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > DPG OffRoad OME Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

DPG OffRoad OME Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

DPG OffRoad OME Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $1,440.06
Manufacturer: DPG OffRoad
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0

The Ultimate kit has everything you need to transform your TJ or LJ into a truly capable, dual purpose machine that really performs- On Road and Off-Road! This Complete Kit includes: **4 OME Shocks, 4 OME Coil Springs, (Med or HD coils) OME Rear Bump stop Spacers, JKS "Quicker" Disconnects, JKS 1.25" Body Lift, JKS 1" Motor Mount Spacers, JKS Adj. Track bar (front) JKS Adj. Track bar (rear), and 2" Extended Bump stops (Front & rear). Fits 33 to 35 inch tires.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

stickerz
stickerz's Reviews

04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: complete lift, perfect for setting up a low c.o.g. rig, awesome street ride
Cons: pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this kit with full intention of going to 35's and still keep it as a daily driver. Although I'm still on 31's, this kit is fantastic and Dirks customer service was awesome. ride quality is far superior to my buddies Rubicon Express kit. Overall very impressed.

kdc1988
kdc1988's Reviews

03-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Price: $2,750.00
Pros: Love everything about this kit
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love everything about my kit. My jeep drives amazing both on and off road! I would definitely upgrade to the brown dog motor mounts. It takes alittle bit of work getting the drivers side on. But, it makes it to where you wont have to drill and relocate the the fan shroud. I also bought stainless steel extended brake lines and upgraded to the long travel OME sport shocks.

2004 jeep wrangler rubicon
Dpg Super Ultimate kit
Fuel revolver 15's
Bfg tko 33/12.5

jammie155

jammie155's Reviews
02-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: everything I needed
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ome with jks, everything I needed to lift jeep rite way, great costumer servive , very highly recommend dpg

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
04-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Very nice kit. All parts included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Call and talk to Dirk. He will help answer any questions that you have.

thenewguy21
thenewguy21's Reviews
03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Price: $1,600.00
Pros: Looks good and rides just as goo.
Cons: nada
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ohh man Dirk knows whats up! Rides smooth on road and flex like a boss on the trail. 6 months and no sag, seemed pricey to me but well worth the money. I would totally buy this kit again. Buy it now!

mecomp1
mecomp1's Reviews

06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Price: $1,295.00
Pros: Easy to install, not much time to get in, great customer service from DPG
Cons: Have to drill out the stock front track bar mounting bracket, so going back to stock is not an option if you have a problem....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got my install completed on 6/27/10. Went together easily, but some other posts here say they finished in 3 to 4 hours which I think is crazy. Perhaps if you have a nice shop with a lift and air tools and several installs under your belt. It took me at least 8 hours broken up over a few days (its 95 degrees for cryin out loud )! The jeep rides WAY better than stock now, and netted me 3" of total lift (I opted for the lowest spring rates available). If you're not mechanically inclined with auto experience, I would not recommend installing this kit yourself.

Tools I did not have but needed - T-55 TORX and 9/16 drill bit.

The hardest part of the kit was the motor mount spacers. You really need a engine hoist to do this correctly. I pulled it off with the jack stand under the bell housing but it was not the correct way to do it (per instructions).

Great kit overall. You wont be disappointed. Thanks DPG!

warlizard
warlizard's Reviews
12-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Price: $2,381.00
Pros: I got the super ultimate kit. it is working great. the ride is a lot better than stock with my extra weight
Cons: none for now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the hardest part of the install was trying to get the OEM parts off the jeep. The install was great. I am really happy with the result.

parts:
OME springs
OME long travel shocks
JKS control arms
JKS adjustable trackbar

ehowell
ehowell's Reviews

12-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Price: $1,215.00
Pros: Very complete kit with good quality components.
Cons: Not cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit includes OME 3" lift kit (springs and shocks), JKS 1.25" body lift kit, JKS 1" motor mount lift, JKS front/rear adjustable track bars, and JKS front sway bar quick disconnects. I added an OME steering stabilizer and JKS rear adjustable sway bar connectors.

I ordered the HD springs and long travel shocks, so the Jeep sat a little higher in the rear after the install. But after installing a Smittybilt rear bumper w/ receiver hitch, tire carrier, and 33" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain and wheel, everything leveled out. I think the ride is stiffer than stock, but my Jeep originally had 28" tires and stock wheels. The overall lift from stock was almost 7" w/ the 33s I put on. After a year with the kit on, I haven't experienced any spring sag. The Jeep stays very flat in corners with almost no body roll. Like so many Jeeps, mine has the 3.07 gears, and going to 33" tires has rendered my 5th gear useless. I'll definitely be upgrading to 4.10s or 4.56s.

After a year I really have no complaints or regrets with this kit. It did exactly what I wanted it to do without casuing any drive train vibrations or other unpleasant characteristics. I definitely recommend this kit.

distantdog
distantdog's Reviews

04-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it so far! Maybe wish it was a little bigger but thats a can of worms.

joeyprice

joeyprice's Reviews

04-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is a modified kit from Dirk, left out the body lift and MM spacers - essentially a basic kit with track bars added. I can't remember the exact price, but the thing rides great!

zband

zband's Reviews

04-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Pros: ride quality same - great kit for 33's
Cons: OME springs settle, JKS parts corrode/rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: DPG Off-road has put together a kit from 2 manufactures – JKS and Old Man Emu. I had purchased this kit to put on my TJ. I have never installed something like this on a jeep or any kind of vehicle. He is not an engineer but is very nice and will to help over the phone to tell you the truth that’s what sold me. The observations I make are after using these components for about 8 months (summer ->winter->spring)

JKS 1.25 BL- worked well bolts fit- no problem. There is some minor corrosion on the bolts after MI winter.

JKS disco’s- Easy install but metal has corroded surprisingly quick

The OME shocks and springs (2 types HD and SD – I chose the HD) offer a ride that is very similar to the stock ride (again if you choose the standard duty this may be different). IMO the ride is no softer or harder than stock- your jeep WONT ride like a BMW. People who have Jeeps without the original 30-inch tire package may feel an improvement in ride because the shocks came from the factory were not nitrogen based – only the 30 inch tire group got these shocks. Mine did – so same quality of ride.

After 8 months the quality of the ride is still the same as the day I put it on- but the height of the lift has shrunk about and 1”. I was prepared to deal with .5” but 1” is a little much.

JKS F/R trac bar: Both are fully adjustable my main gripe is that JKS should be able design a trackbar that you can adjust while the tracbar is in place. The only way to adjust these track bars is to remove them from the jeep – too much work for wanting to adjust the track bar. After 8 months, the “galvanized" (threaded) side of the track bar is very rusted.

The kit as a whole has done what it was advertised to do so 10/10 should be given but the fact that springs have settled about an inch and the JKS products corrode like crazy over one winter season I''ll give the complete package an 8.

TJVach

TJVach's Reviews

04-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fantastic Kit. I opted for the OME HD TJ Front Coils and OME HD LJ Rear Coils. I also added OME Long Travel Shocks, along with the OME Steering Stabilizer.

bman9089

bman9089's Reviews

04-13-2008, 03:08 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is hard to beat. On road ride quality is amazing, as is clearance. This kit will easily clear 33s without any rubbing, and will net you nearly 4" of lift maximum without any kind of transfercase drop or driveline vibrations, which further increases your offroad performance.

Quality is as good as it gets. JKS and OME are top of the line in quality. This kit is also complete. Control arms are the only other thing that could fully complete the changes in suspension geometry, however they are not vital with this much lift height. So the kit is fully complete.

This is the #1 solution for weekend warriors and those who want a jeep that rides as good as stock or better, and doesn't have weird handling characteristics. You just sit higher up, that's about the only change on road in my experience, besides the better ride quality. Center of gravity is also excellent compared to other suspension only lift kits.

No quirks, and no complaints. The jeep performs better than stock in ALL aspects.

LJlunatic
LJlunatic's Reviews

03-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it

singleshot
singleshot's Reviews
02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Pros: easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Thought I'd post up what the Heavy Duty OME kit did for my 2003 Sahara.
Jeep is basically stock with a hard top (so no extra weight).

Installation was a breeze. My wife and I jacked it up just after 9 a.m. and had it out for a test drive just after 3 p.m. That includes the sway bar bracket, TC drop and the shocks/spring install. I'm mechanically inclined, but have never done a lift or drop before. Pretty straight forward with all the info available on this site on how to do it.

Direction state to measure from the bottom of the rim to the bottom edge of the fender flare (using the center bore of the wheel as a "straight edge of sorts")

Stock Measurements:
DS Front: 27" PS Front: 26 1/16"
DS Rear: 26 9/16" PS rear 27 1/16"

Day of install (10 miles of driving)

DS Front: 29 3/8" PS Front: 28 3/8"
DS Rear: 29 7/8" PS Rear 28 5/8"

Definately needed an alignment after the install (steering was a little flighty)

DS front:
Camber: -.5 (range is -.9 to .4)
Caster: 5.2 (range is 6. to 8.)
Toe: .59 (range is .09 to .21)

PS front
Camber: -.3
Caster: 5.3
Toe: .59

The print out for my rear wheels doesn't list ranges, so I'm going to skip that.

I know the results look like the Jeep is sitting odd, but visually it's appears level all the way around, so no complaints here. The ride is better than stock IMO, but I'm biased because it's what I've got now. Serious though, it absorbs the highway undulations far better than stock. I have yet to take it off roading with the kit on it, so I have no comparison there. In all honesty, I've only driven it twice since the kit went on, the wife has taken ownership of it (figure that).

Grewe02

Guns > Swords
Grewe02's Reviews

07-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Very straight forward install, EVERYTHING was included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Dirk provides an amazing product, and the customer service is definitely second to none. If you have ANY QUESTIONS about anything, don't hesitate to give him a call. I sat on the phone with him for an hour discussing axles and lockers, and he knows quite a bit about damn near everything.

The lift is amazing, performs very well, and I only wish it were taller. But that was my own choice, trying to stay within my budget.

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Pros: Straight forward installation, Rides Great!!!!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What an improvement over stock!!!! The installation was straight forward and relatively easy (for someone who had never upgraded a suspension before). The ride is much better than stock.

Since I put this kit on in July 2005, I've put on 10,000 miles and driven all over South Eastern Utah. The lift (and the new tires) made the trip all that more enjoyable.