Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > Black Diamond YJ 3.5" Suspension lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Black Diamond YJ 3.5" Suspension lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

Black Diamond YJ 3.5" Suspension lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $574.04
Manufacturer: Black Diamond
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 2

3.5 Lift includes:
Front and rear leaf springs with military wrap, transfer case drop kit, front and rear track bar drop brackets, swaybar links, brake line relocation brackets, bumpstops, u-bolts, Black Diamond hydraulic shocks.

Not included in kit:
Drop pitman arm

Fits 32" tires with no rubbing

Cost $500-600

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Damon1995
Damon1995's Reviews

06-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: 3.5 inches of lift
Cons: insanely rough ride, bouncy, junk shocks, crap springs
Recommended? No

Comments: lift kit is not worth the money. the springs are so stiff every little bump in the road is spine jarring nevermind a pot hole. much better lift kits for the same amount of money. dont waste your time on this garbage

cjulian
cjulian's Reviews
05-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Price: $675.00
Pros: The Price is Awesome
Cons: Difficult to Install
Recommended? No

Comments: They sent me (4) 1.5 inch bushings and (4) 1.25 inch bushings. The problem is the new springs only take 1.5 inch bushings. It took over 1.5 months to receive the product from Quadratec. The instruction manual was very vague on how to install product.

phizer350

phizer350's Reviews
12-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Value
Cons: Rough ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The installation was pretty straight forward with good instructions. Everything was in the boxes, and the springs are very well built.

PfcLove
PfcLove's Reviews
09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Price: $899.00
Pros: lift
Cons: rough ride granted it is leafs....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not a bad overall lift. ride is a little rough again granted it is a leaf spring lift.

mylogylo
mylogylo's Reviews
02-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Quite complete
Cons: Very bouncy down the road
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good enough for me

Leoboy297
Leoboy297's Reviews
10-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Great value, comes with everything needed, and very straight forward install and great offroad
Cons: Very stiff suspension, do not torque to factory settings.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with my black diamond lift, after loosing the bolts, and removing track bars I have very good flex, and a decent ride for a yj. The lift is complete and a very good value for the money. would buy again.

Cassafrass

Cassafrass's Reviews
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Good suspension
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift came with the jeep when I bought it. PO installed it himself. Looks good and so far havent had any problems with it.

g4x4xgeoff

g4x4xgeoff's Reviews
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: low cost, strong springs
Cons: shocks, bushing quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for with the kit. The shocks and bushings really don't hold up well, I replaced the shocks after a year with a set of billsteins and haven't looked back. the bushings weren't of great quality, but the leaf springs with the double military wrap have held up well.

sloan74
sloan74's Reviews
06-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: This came installed on the Jeep when I purchased it. It's an older Black Diamond lift system, but it's still solid and rides very well
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This came installed on the Jeep when I purchased it. It's an older Black Diamond lift system, but it's still solid and rides very well

87blackjeep
87blackjeep's Reviews

11-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Price: $575.00
Pros: Nice lift
Cons: a little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It sits nice but a little on the stiff side!I think with a few more miles it will soften up!!!

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Strong, good design, well built.
Cons: No Pitman Arm
Recommended? Yes

Comments: People that say it rides rough just need some good greasable shackles, problem solved. I tore my leaf-packs down and put marine grease between them to fight rust and further reduce friction. That softened the ride up as well.

My kit is from 2003 when these were being made for/by Warn, so there may be some differences, but I'm not sure? By looking at the present picture it appears the pack-clamps are rivoted on rather than bolted like mine?

Anyhow, my kit does have sturdy springs, which leads to a firmer ride. BUT, when they are made properly as these are, it also increases longevity and resistance to failure. IMO a stronger spring improves road manners, handling and cornering. Many other kits on the market may have softer riding springs, but by comparison they lack the quality to last. They may also be super flexy, but I doubt they will last many seasons without sagging. Mine have been on for 6 years now and they have ZERO sagging, and yet still flex quite well for how sturdy they are. That is with a 4.0, AX15, soft top and a winch.

I really don't think there is another kit at this price point that is this well built? I would buy a few other kits too, but I think if you want to buy a lift one time and be done with it, this is the one to get (if the new kits are not changed?)

YJinSD

YJinSD's Reviews

05-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Pros: Good ride Performs great easy install durable no problem since install (6 years)
Cons: Needs longer shackle to keep miltitary wrap from hitting frame Needs longer brakelines
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift about 6 years ago and have wheeled it hard with no problems. Shackles 1/2 longer greatly improved the performance and the on road ride has always been very good.

frankiej73
frankiej73's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It gave my YJ an extremely aggressive stance. My only complaint is it's extremely bouncy, very rough ride.

Sharkbike
Sharkbike's Reviews

03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Price: $680.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very complete kit. Good instructions. Solid, semi-military wrap springs. Provided full 3.5 inch lift. After 3 months, no measurable sag (been measuring axle-to-frame since installation). Lifetime warranty. Can't tell about ride quality because I don't have a basis to compare. Seems typical to me.

87blackjeep
87blackjeep's Reviews

01-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the kit is straight forward and includes all the necessary pieces to complete in a good long day

RandyStanfield
RandyStanfield's Reviews

11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great having the ground clearance, but it rides like a brick on and off road. So tight, a heavy duty stabilizer is a must.

YJ-Tweaker
YJ-Tweaker's Reviews

11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install directions were OK but needed clarity. Get directions for a Skyjacker 3.5 lift as these two are similar but Skyjackers as much clearer to follow.

ACrippledFerret
ACrippledFerret's Reviews

11-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Pros: Good lift, Stiff (No spring sag), decent flex, cheap
Cons: Stiff (Rough ride)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After a year of use, the springs are still very stiff. This is a pro and a con... good because the springs do not sag at all. Bad because of the obviously rougher ride.

Overall though, for the price I would recommend it to anyone.

For reference, 33" MT/R's fit with some trimming in the back. Would probably fit with 1" BL or TJ flares mod, but I'd rather just take 10 minutes and cut a little bit of the rear fender.

TNG97

TNG97's Reviews

11-02-2008, 01:53 AM
Price: $550.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift.............................................. .................................................. ....................................

tatehill
tatehill's Reviews

09-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit is very complete. Will be rough riding until springs relax. No Sagging after 1.5 yrs, but shocks need to be replaced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »