Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > BDS Suspension YJ 3 1/2" LIft Suspension Kit

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

BDS Suspension YJ 3 1/2" LIft Suspension Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

BDS Suspension YJ 3 1/2" LIft Suspension Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $831.86
Manufacturer: BDS Suspension
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

Front 3-1/2" Leaf Spring
Rear 3-1/2" Leaf Spring

This kit comes with front and rear Glide-Ride leaf springs. These spring feature tapered leafs, anti-friction pads, bolt style leaf alignment clamps and a full military wrap to protect your spring eyes from the rocks. If you are actually capable of breaking the main leaf, the military wrap will allow you to limp home off the trail. These springs are made to perform offroad as well as get you to and from work. The box kit includes new urethane spring eye bushings, u-bolts, front and rear track bar relocation brackets to center the axle, transfer case drop kit to ease the drive line angles, brake line relocation brackets, bump stop extensions, a power steering pitman arm for correct steering angles, and extended sway bar link.

Max. Tire Size: 33" x 12.50"
Max. Wheel Size: 15 x 8
Back Spacing: 3.5"

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

The_Goob

Hell on Wheels
The_Goob's Reviews
04-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: doesnt really need the mili-wraps
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the springs and bushings only and sourced the rest of the parts. These springs are beef!

thunderstar99
thunderstar99's Reviews
12-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Awesome product. Very durable and rugged.
Cons: Instructions are shady and I had to call multiple times to figure things out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only problem at all with the lift is in the instructions. However, these were mostly cleared up by calling BDS. They were friendly and answered all of my questions.

jswatson0917
jswatson0917's Reviews
07-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Softer Ride
Cons: Shocks didn't reach the spring mounts in the rear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a BDS CJ to YJ spring conversion lift kit for my CJ with the 1 3/4" shackles. The kit has been on the Jeep for about a week and so far the only complaint I have is the shocks are too short for the rear. The only thing I would change about this kit would be to get longer shocks and use the 1/2" shackles. The overall ride has been not as bone jarring as my stock springs and shocks. I have not had it off road with the stock springs and shocks so I am unable to compare the difference there.

gruntgoo
gruntgoo's Reviews

01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Price: $990.00
Pros: Military wrap leaf springs. Complete kit including drop pitman arm.
Cons: Weak hardware
Recommended? No

Comments: The center pin on one of the rear springs has broken twice. I bought BDS because they are supposed to be extremely stout. They need to upgrade the bolt type in that area and it would be a 5 star. two stock pins and I've upgraded on my own. Shock boots should be purchased if you want to keep them from rusting.. I read the 4wheeler article on this kit and they said the ride was improved. The ride got stiffer, so I'm not sure what they were comparing to. The install was easier than I expected. If you buy this kit, before you put it on your Jeep replace the center pins on your leaf springs with upgraded high strength. Also don't expect the ride to get smoother. I think I used the stainless "8"? not sure exactly what the hardness scale is, I just asked the dude at the bolt shop for the good stuff.

nucleardave
nucleardave's Reviews
09-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: nice lift hight, smooth ride
Cons: expensive as hell...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What can i say... BDS came recommended, so i followed suit. nothing original there.

tx_medic

tx_medic's Reviews
06-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Perfect height
Cons: can't think of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect height, much higher than this and there are too many driveline mods that i'd need to do. No problem clearing 33" tires now, although I'd also recommend a TJ flare conversion for that extra inch or two.

UltimateCC
UltimateCC's Reviews
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Price: $11.00
Pros: 0
Cons: 0
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 0

slinkyj
slinkyj's Reviews
05-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Easy to follow instructions, Solid components, Great warranty
Cons: Stiff ride, retains stock shackles, T-case drop kit aesthetically unpleasant
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this kit after careful consideration and a lot of research. I was able to install this kit on my Wrangler in two days with the help of two friends in a weekend. The overall results were very positive. The lift achieved was the same as advertised. The included instructions were very easy to follow and the entire kit was put on with common hand tools, an impact wrench and some effort. Six years later, the leaf springs have yet to sag and not a single component has failed. My jeep does not traverse Moab or Rubicon, but as far as bang for the buck, this kit is very solid. BDS also gets my vote with a No Fine Print Warranty. Never had a problem with any of their products, but I sleep at night knowing if ever I had one, they would take care of it.

Dave361
Dave361's Reviews

01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was on the YJ when I got it, but I love it compared to other's I have seen at ridden in.

garbo1954
garbo1954's Reviews

12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: stiff .................................................. .................................................. .........................

FlyersPh9
FlyersPh9's Reviews

10-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this lift kit. It's cheap and it comes with everything and is a big enough lift to fit 33" tires under neath. Looks awesome.

backinthegame
backinthegame's Reviews

08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Price: $695.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product. Love the no questions asked lifetime warranty. Hope we never have to use it

Shinner

Shinner's Reviews

07-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this lift kit. Great lift, not very hard to put on. The hard part was getting the stock springs off.

yjrush

yjrush's Reviews

06-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Price: $750.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed my 3.5 BDS in June 07. Installation was a bit of a pain but only the de-installation of my old bolts and springs. Even with PB Blaster took forever and even some cutting tools. The installation however was a breeze and straight forward. BDS also has a GREAT warranty!

Fred007
Fred007's Reviews

06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed just fine, had some trouble getting all the old stuff removed, better have a torch handy.

benefitsguy
benefitsguy's Reviews

04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the kit for the lifetime warranty and the fact my springs needed to be replaced. Good kit. Maybe not as soft riding as OME or RE but the lifetime warranty swayed me at the time.