Price $800
Rating 4
Average Price $655.89
Manufacturer BDS Suspension
Recommended Yes: 10 / No: 0

2" Jeep Wrangler YJ

Front 2" Leaf Spring
Rear 2" Leaf Spring

This kit comes with front and rear Glide-Ride leaf springs. These spring feature tapered leafs, anti-friction pads, bolt style leaf alignment clamps and a full military wrap to protect your spring eyes from the rocks. If you are actually capable of breaking the main leaf, the military wrap will allow you to limp home off the trail. These springs are made to perform offroad as well as get you to and from work. The box kit includes new urethane spring eye bushings, u-bolts, front and rear track bar relocation brackets to center the axle, transfer case drop kit to ease the drive line angles, and brake line relocation brackets.

Max. Tire Size: 31" x 10.50"
Max. Wheel Size: 15 x 8
Back Spacing: 3.5"

Est. Installation: 6 hours
Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 3

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 4
Pros Ride, flex and warranty
Cons Extended shackles required, not included
Recommended yes

Comments: Couldn't be happier with the results. A little taller than advertised, even after settling (almost 3", plus shackles). I added RE double-discos and 5/8" MORE boomerang shackles - nice ride on the road, great flex off-road maximizes my 31" AT tires.

#7 ·
Price $700
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Good quality, great warranty. Would not do again due to BDS suggested 1" shackle lift. I don't like what it has done to my caster. That is the way the product is designed though so no quality problems.

#8 ·
Price $599
Rating 4
Pros Warrenty. Install instructions. Overall quality of the product.
Cons None that I can think of
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these springs as part of the BDS 2" lift kit. Bought them in 5/2008 for $599 shipped to a local distributer.

Instructions were well detailed compared to most I've seen. The overall quality of the parts was great. Even my neighbor who helped mentioned how impressed he was.

Now over a year later and two summers of driving on them I think more of them than I did the day I installed them. The ride is very smooth for a short wheelbase leaf sprung vehicle. Better than some TJ's I've been in. Shocks seem good. And even ater this amount of time I'm still over the advertised 2" of lift. I netted over 2 3/4 initially, and now that has settled about 1/2 inch.
Plenty of clearance for 31" tires with a great ride. You could even get 32" tires in there without much trouble

Remember you get what you pay for, and by the time you price it all out BDS is not really any more expensive.

-jeff

#9 ·
Price $760
Pros Came with everything I needed except lift shackles. Instructions were easy to follow. Very high quality. Lifetime warranty. Free shipping to local distributor and no sales tax since I ordered it from Michigan
Cons Center pins were a little too long to fit into the D35 spring perches. Called up tech support and he said sometimes that happens and to grind some off the top of the pin.
Recommended yes

Comments: I haven't got to use and abuse it much yet. You will definitely need lift shackles in the back, or the military wrap will be constantly hitting your frame when you go over bumps. I ordered 1" longer shackles and hope that will be tall enough.

#10 ·
Price $825
Pros Warranty, Price, Strength, Installation
Cons None so far
Recommended yes

Comments: When my stock suspension got tired and sagged I stated looking for a lift kit to but in my rig. It took me a long time to decide on what lift to put in my rig. A friend of mine recommended BDS. Will I never considered another lift after reading and researching many forums about the BDS lift. This lift is without a doubt the best I have ever ridden in and other Jeepers that wheel with me agree. I like the no questions asked warranty they have. If it breaks they will replace it period. The ride is firm not soft and not hard, its right where you want it. Still not convinced, come with me on the trail and see and feel it yourself. You will not be disappointed with this lift at all.

#11 · (Edited)
Price $850
Pros Pretty easy to install, very complete kit, with easy to follow instructions
Cons Way more than 6 hours to install, specially on an older jeep.

Advertised as Made in America! Actually, made in "North America" is the truth. Springs from Canada, shocks for Mexico. So i guess they consider assembling the various parts as "Making it in America".
Recommended yes

Comments: So far it is an excellent product. Rides smoother then the old stock suspension. Addition of 2.5" longer shackles front and rear I netted approx. 3.5" total lift. Gives plenty of room for 31x10.5s on Procomp 8" rims with 3.5" backspace.

Already had a pretty good test and worked excellent. Got airborne at the top of a 20' hillclimb with no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.