Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > BDS Suspension 3" 4WD Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited or Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

BDS Suspension 3" 4WD Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited or Rubicon Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

BDS Suspension 3" 4WD Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited or Rubicon

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,600.00
Average Price: $724.44
Manufacturer: BDS Suspension
Recommended?
Yes: 19 / No: 1

It took 5 hours for me and a friend to install this kit. The install was easy and all the parts were in the box. My 06 Rubi rides better on the road than it did stock and the lift flexes well (for a 3" lift) when you hit the trails. I recommend it to anyone that wants to run 33"s, or just gain more ground clearance without going over the top.

Front 3" Coil Springs
Rear 3" Coil Springs
This kit comes with four new Pro-Ride coil springs capable of full coil bind. The box kit includes bump stop extensions, rear track bar relocation, rear sway bar links, front alignment cam bolts, and the ultimate front sway bar disconnects.
Max. Tire Size: 33 x 12.50
Max. Wheel Size: 16 x 8
Back Spacing: 3.5"
Est. Installation: 6 hours
Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 3

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

rvsguitar1
rvsguitar1's Reviews
11-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: LOVE IT!
Cons: NONE...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would recommend this for a simple off road setup!!!

explorerlyon

explorerlyon's Reviews

04-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Rides great, better than OEM
Cons: Poor qualtiy, BDS does not honor warranty, horrible customer service.
Recommended? No

Comments: Customer service at BDS is horrible and rude. They do not honor their No Fine Print Warranty! Here were my issues with the 3" lift kit purchased in 2010 after 3 years use and about 20,000 miles. Mostly on-road driving with a few ofroad trips.

1. I bought the upgraded gas shocks. First shock leaked on the drive from the authroized install dealer to my house (5 miles). Had a nice puddle of oil on my garage floor. Dealer replaced the shock after my Jeep sat for 5 days waiting for a replacement shock.

2. About six months later, another shock leaked oil. Dealer replaced the shock, again waiting for parts.

3. Front track bar bushing completely wore out after six months and light use. Warranty not honored. Scrapped the BDS track bar and bought Currie.

4. Sway bar disconnect end broke. Had to pay for a new part (again, BDS did not honor their warranty)

5. Another shock leaked oil. Since three years has passed, BDS will not replace it as they claim their warranty on shocks is only 1 year. Their written warranty is for lifetime, nothing written about 1 year.

Customer service is rude and difficult. Will not buy from BDS again. Have now scrapped the rest of my BDS parts and only kept the springs.

jallenhood
jallenhood's Reviews
07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Fairly complete kit and great warranty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looked around for a while fbefore deciding on the BDS kit. Didn't want to go any higher than 3 inches and didn't want body lifts. All the other reviews I have read claimed this was a great kit and the warranty is unbeatable.

parrotparty

parrotparty's Reviews
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Amazing Ride Quality
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The jeep rides so much better. It rides way much better then stock, and especially better then the 2" Coil Spacer. Makes a world of difference. The only thing I noticed is the rear sits a bout an 1 1/2" then the front due to compensating for an offroad tire wieght.

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Pros: Everything about it s amazing
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This kit is great. I also got a front adj. track bar with it. The kit drives great on road and off road. The quick discos are really easy to use also. The kit also flexes very well.

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
11-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Pros: Ride quality is great, very reliable, and flexes like crazy.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit is amazing. They have a great warranty and great customer service. The quick discos work really well and are really easy to use, and it flexes like crazy.

rkeough

RuBiK
rkeough's Reviews
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Liftetime warranty. Actual lift was closer to 4 inches.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Needed enough lift to fit 33's. Awesome kit, lifetime warranty, steering stabilizer included. What else can I say? Love it.

xsf531
xsf531's Reviews
09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Pros: Rides AWESOME!
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .........

ciscok1d

ciscok1d's Reviews

04-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: By far the best upgrade I have made so far. It rides better than stock, and the warranty is unbeatable

oneaday141
oneaday141's Reviews

03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: like this kit alot. for the 3" kit and a adjustable track bar it came to $675. love the peace of mind that comes with the warranty. it was cake to install and i pass ma. inspection with stock tires on it. rides better than stock and cant wait to test it in the woods when it warms up.

xkmakx
xkmakx's Reviews

03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great lift kit and instailed even better. It gave my jeep a total of 4 inchs and i added an extra one inch BL so all in all i got 5 inchs out of it with 33's on this bad boy

Corntoe
Corntoe's Reviews

11-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Price: $1,140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

Chuck_WeZy
Chuck_WeZy's Reviews

11-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good kit for the price and excellent warranty. Rides ok for short arm kit and no squeaking for the past 2 plus years.

Goondock
Goondock's Reviews

10-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT FLEX! and traction offroad, smooth on-road ride. Great mix. Lifetime warranty.

Patton
Patton's Reviews

10-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have owned this kit twice. Very happy used there warranty the first time around. Not a problem got new rear springs. Bought what I thought would be a better value kit the third time but regret it. I'll only buy BDS from now on.

bombero590
bombero590's Reviews

10-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Price: $1,600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This has been the best purchase to date...I could not be any more happier with this product...From the first day I drove it from the shop post install she drove like she just came off the lot...and man does it flex when you disconnect the sway bars...
The kits also come with a lifetime warranty...no questions asked...What more else is there to say...One thing I did add was all 4 control arms...they are much more beefy and worth the extra money...

unsung

unsung's Reviews

06-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was also installed when i bought the Jeep. It will be removed to make way for a RE Long Arm 4.5.

Plate
I'd Hit It
Plate's Reviews

05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good price point for a well thought out kit. I chose to go with the BDS adjustable track bar instead of re-drilling the axle. Good value, great ride, simple install.

neugene
neugene's Reviews

05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Rides better than stock while on road and flexes well off road. The install process took about 5 hours from start to finish. It would have taken a lot less but we had trouble removing the rear track bar. All in all it was a pretty straight forward process.
If you are looking for a little more clearance and maybe to put a set of 33"s on your Jeep, I highly recommend this kit. It is well thought out and manufactured.
I also added a BDS steering stabilizer and new front track bar.