post #1 of Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
bdb86cj
1986 CJ7 

This kit was awesome. I ordered from the website and had it shipped for free to a supplier in the area so I could pick it up. A few options that I added to the standard kit:
1. Factory replacement steering stabilizer - $51.22
2. Dana 44 U-bolts - $34.60
3. Shock boots all around including steering stabilizer - $14.62

I did not add the bushing kit or the extended sway bars because I already had these.

The kit came with every thing that I needed except extended brake lines which is something that I think they should offer.

It was easy to install in a few hours. The instructions were great and told me step by step everything that I needed to do and even offered troubleshooting tips for drive-line problems.

I did use the rear shims in adjust the drive shaft angle, but I did not use the t-case lowering kit, although I am noticing some vibration at higher speed so I may install it to see if that fixes it. I did have to shim the front as well as this kit significantly changes your caster angle. Will have to get a better fix for that later.

The drop pitman arm put my drag link almost perfect and I have no bump steer.

The ride is so much better that whatever kit the PO had installed. Once the front shims were installed I had no sway, no bump steer from the start, and my kidneys are being treated much better.

This kit comes with a lifetime no questions asked warranty on the springs. The springs also have a full militarily wrap in case of breakage at the shackle or main eye.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bds.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	394427  

Hull# 190
post #2 of Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM
iwant2brich
1976 CJ7 

Ugh. Hate riding in my jeep on trails now. Bounce everywhere. waiting for the wife to approve budget for new springs. Friend has a Black Diamond 2.5 inch lift, much softer. Maybe its the inch and a half difference, but the ride is so jarring.
post #3 of Old 12-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Phantomprophet
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It's actually the 6 inch but there was no option for that.