User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit

Rugged Ridge Products Promo Calendar - Promo Code Black Friday/Cyber Monday SalesPavement Ends Replay Top - Free Quick Release Bow Knuckles

BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  CB & Ham Radios
  Axle Shafts
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Throttle Body
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

BDS 2" Suspension Lift Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $670.00
Average Price: $594.00
Manufacturer: BDS
Yes: 10 / No: 0

2" lift for YJ

Login or Register to Add Review

mike1919's Reviews
06-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Relatively easy install, complete package, and MILITARY WRAPS
Cons: U bolts seem cheap and paint/coating on leafs is thin
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wanted a modest 2" lift with military wraps and this fit the bill. 2" lift with boomerang shackles meant I didn't have to change out a ton of other OEM equipment. I added extended brake lines and such but most of the OEM parts (pitman arm, shafts, for example) worked fine. A SYE is planned, as with this lift the yoke could possible pull out of the T case if the rear axle drops too far. Plan to do an 8.8 rear end swap and SYE CV shaft work.

bmcmahan's Reviews
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Good quality parts
Cons: Bouncier than stock, but I think it will settle after a few more miles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've only had it on for about 500 miles, but it seems to handle off-loading very well. My only issue is it is a little bouncy, but I think this will go away as the springs get some miles on them.

CloakedLJ's Reviews
08-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Price, Components are working good so far.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far I have no compplaints about this kit. I have used it on my local trails in Minden and Bobcaygeon Ontario Canada as well as Moab Utah. Works well on road too.
It's a Spring and shock kit only so you will still need to purchase longer front sway bar end links and brake lines. A much better option then budget boost pucks imho.

I installed it on my 2004 LJ and did not require a T-case drop, SYE or adjustable front track bar.

James0505's Reviews
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Easy install, gained 4", can fit 31
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Jeep is only a toy so I have not had a chance to try it out yet but from everything I have read on this forum I am expecting it to be good. I installed the 2" bds lift kit and 1" boom shackles, no sway bar or trac bars.

33shooter's Reviews
03-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Price: $455.00
Pros: Actual coils, not just spacers.
Cons: Double the price of a BB
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the hydro shocks with the steering stab shipped for $450. I needed to replace my shocks, springs and stab and this fit the bill perfectly. It improved the handling and ride of my Jeep significantly. If I only wanted 31" or 32" tires this is the perfect. I gained slightly more than 2", but after the springs settled I'm not sure it was more than 2". I run 33" tires with tube fenders, but would not hesitate to run 32's with a 1"BL with this setup. I would recommend new swaybar end links, or disco's.

spineguy's Reviews
11-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Price: $415.00
Pros: Great ride, Great Price
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wasn't familiar with BDS but the local Off-Road Shop HIGHLY recommended it - glad I took their recommendation!

98beast's Reviews
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: good lift, springs dont sag. it was an add a leaf so i bought brand new leaf packs for the rear just to ensure no sag occurred. it travels well and doesnt have any weak points
Cons: add a leaf is very rough in the first couple of months.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought it online and had it installed in a week. no supports needed to be relocated. driveline has some vibration but its not terrible. eating up Ujoints now.

jcook1989's Reviews

06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Price: $650.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent kit. Very complete and easy to install. Rides very well and flexes good. Got 3 inches out of it. One of the best warrantees in the business.

Exparrot's Reviews

05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Price: $670.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it. Originally netted me close to 3" of lift, but has already tamed down to 2". Rides 150% better than before. Can't wait to flex it out!