Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) - JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5"

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) - JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5" Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

American Expedition Vehicles (AEV) - JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5"

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $899.00
Average Price: $853.60
Manufacturer: American Expedition Vehicles (AEV)
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.aev-conversions.com

This kit offers a great ride and relatively easy install. It's bolt on with multi rate springs, custom tuned Bilstein shocks and rides like a dream. Much more stable and much less sway than the leveling coils I switched from.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Mudzilla6661

Web Wheeler
Mudzilla6661's Reviews
07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Price: $939.00
Pros: Great lift quality parts!
Cons: I would have liked for an adjustable track bar to come with it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this lift! Has plenty of flex on the trail but still rides excellent on the road. Installation is pretty easy. There are a few tricky bolts but it can be done by someone with just basic mechanics tools. I got the Bilstein shocks with mine and the ride quality is better than stock. I fit 35 inch tires easily with no rub. This lift also keeps your center of gravity down so you have more stability. Great lift and quality is best out there.

SierraNovember
SierraNovember's Reviews

12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Excellent Company and Customer Service Super Easy install and instructions
Cons: Instructions are vague in just a few areas
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed this kit on a 2010 JKUR that I purchased used. The Jeep has 75,000 miles on it, so it needed new shocks anyways.

I have never done ANYTHING to any Jeep in my life. Well in 7 hours, me and two friends with some Jeep knowledge installed the entire thing with no problems. It uses regular tools, mainly 18,19,20,21mm sockets and wrenches along with a few others. Jack stands, a nice jack, some pizza, and anyone can handle this kit.
There are a few tight spots during the install, like the passenger side shock install, but we got it done, and without specialty tools. Just patience and time.
I do not have heavy bumpers or additional weight on my Jeep (at this time) and afterwards I have just over 3 inches of total lift with the new springs and shocks. SO once the 315/70R17 Duratracs go on next week, it will be a huge lift for the price.
I am an AEV fan for life.

dorian_grey
dorian_grey's Reviews
08-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Price: $989.00
Pros: rides better than stock!
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: shocks, springs, and the rear track bar. very easy to install. bilstien shocks are smooth, yet firm. amazing for the purchase price.

kaj2012
kaj2012's Reviews
12-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Rides better than it did from the factory
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AEV 2.5 inch lift with bilstein shocks and the geometry correction kit. Turning radius on this vehicle is now incredible. Overall ride is better than when it was driven off the dealer lot. AEV wheels and 34 inch BFG tires do not stick out past the factory flares. My wife gets compliments on this vehicle on a consistent basis.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.