Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > 4.5" Rough Country X-Series YJ

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

4.5" Rough Country X-Series YJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

4.5" Rough Country X-Series YJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $649.99
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Company Website: http://www.roughcountry.com

I just finished installing my Rough Country 4.5" X-Series lift on my YJ. 7-1-14

First thoughts - Upon ordering the product it was shipped to the wrong state. I live in Oregon and the lift was sent to Pennsylvania (Ordered 6-18-14). Also I couldn't get the company to send me an email regarding tracking numbers, order confirmation, or receipt. I still have yet to receive an email from Ryan (whom I placed my order through) about where to send this review that I am typing to receive my 10% jeepforum discount and still have no knowledge of him refunding my shipping because of the mix up.

Overall satisfaction with the customer service given (1-10) 3 ONLY because I was able to get a hold of the online chat for my tracking number.

I also called Ryan today 7-2-14 and had to ask for his email so That I could send him the link to this review.

Upon receiving the lift - The product is stout and looks like it will last. The shocks are firm and all brackets holes line up well with mounting surfaces. (I did not use the rear bump stop extensions because I have a Ford 8.8 rear). All items were packaged well and were damage free.

Upon installation I ran in to a couple of snags due to seized bolts but that was expected. There were a couple of products that didn't work as they were supposed to.
1. The sway link bushings were too large and didn't allow the disconnect pin to be inserted. I had to grind these bushings a little to make them work.
2. The inserts for the lowers on the rear shocks were too wide. I had to take about 1/4" off of them to make them fit between the factory mounting brackets.

Overall this lift installed well and was "easy" (took about 9-10hrs by myself with air tools) to install. It is the complete package from leaf springs and shocks to the small things like braided brake lines and sway link quick disconnects.

I would give the lift itself an 8 (1-10)

NOTE: This is a 3" spring lift with 1.5" boomerang shackle lift.

I also installed the dual steering stabilizer at the time of the lift and have no complaints. It was a breeze and took all of about 20 minutes to install.

I didn't use the directions as I have installed 2 other lifts on jeep YJ's that friends of mine have. It is pretty easy to swap old parts for new parts.

EDIT: After driving for the last 2 days I have notices a much nicer ride over the previous 2" shackle and add a leaf's that I had installed in the factory leaf springs. The ride is a bit bouncy but bouncy is better than the hard hits that I was taking with a suspension that I had made so solid with the add a leaf. Being roughly 3" taller than before has had a minimal effect in the steering and cornering quality in my opinion.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.