Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > 2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $925.00
Average Price: $404.05
Manufacturer: 2" BDS Suspension Lift
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 1

This lift is advertised as 2", it actually gave me about 3-3.25". This kit rides very smooth, the shocks are nice and BDS has an awesome warranty!!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Camio
Camio's Reviews

07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: More than 2 inches of lift, Improved ride, Improved suspension travel
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift on my TJ, it is a great product. It shipped fast and was easy to install. The ride is better than stock, and articulation is greatly improved. It's enough of a lift to make my 31s look small, it would look perfect with 32s, and could probably clear 33s.

kdawgFL

kdawgFL's Reviews
04-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Solid metal construction.
Cons: didnt come stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Makes a stock wk look like a 4x4. and to maximize off road rigidity. would suggest new rear ome shocks unless you can get bds to find some

bowhunter150
bowhunter150's Reviews
03-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: rides great
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far so good no problems yet got it used off craigs list and have not had a chance to wheel it yet

FST1994ZJ
FST1994ZJ's Reviews
11-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: good lift height No fender trimming with 31's
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just rated this prudut as average because it isnt to high of a lift so i dont have that much to compare it to other than stock. Other than that it is a fanominal lift kit and i would recommend it strongly for a starter lift kit.

4x4md
4x4md's Reviews
11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Looks great and has a smooth ride. Not to mention the lifetime warrenty.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install with a basic tool kit and a spring compresser. You can rent a spring compresser and any parts house. Took me about four hours to install the lift.

dzride

dzride's Reviews
10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: .
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like it, only make sure all parts installed with no exceptions.

YJ-Jer

YJ-Jer's Reviews
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Price: $680.00
Pros: awsome kit. was complete and I have absolutely no complaints
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You will not be disapoointed. the kit was easy to install and looks great on the jeep. lifetime gaurantee cannot be beat either!

ScottsYJ

ScottsYJ's Reviews

03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was very happy witht he installation of the product. Good instructions and customer support was second to none.

rickm8
rickm8's Reviews

02-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2" of lift, not much to say lol, same install as most BB, gives the clearance for 32's but 31's look just right on it.

vans9140
vans9140's Reviews

01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: budget lift, i installed some 31-1050 tires and needed the flexin room. its alright for now, expect they "klunk" a lot because they are not attached, and the spring moves a bit.

PearlJam1003
PearlJam1003's Reviews

12-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Drives awesome, had some vibes, but a few washers fixed that. With the 31's, the Jeep sits really nice.

HAM
HAM's Reviews

10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Price: $425.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It looks great! It is nice to be a little higher than before. Still have the smooth ride. I also still have the stock 16's on it. Getting bigger tires to complete the look and feel I am after.

Grey-CJ
Grey-CJ's Reviews

07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good lift for driving and handling. Seams to be a tuff spring but could flex better

JeepMM2
JeepMM2's Reviews

07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Since I'm not too sure what make my lift was, I picked BDS because it mentions 2". There was minimal vibration at first, along with the dreaded "death wobble". I cured the wobble by having the wheels balanced.

deanandjasmine
deanandjasmine's Reviews

05-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Price: $925.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still dont have tires on it but the lift and the new shocks and springs make the ride nice even on stockies havent tested it out on the trail yet but i will update as soon as i do

hollywood081470
hollywood081470's Reviews

02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: best warranty around, easy to install
Cons: builds higher than 2" , got a slight vibe
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A buddy of mine recommended this lift to me,..........I am glad I listened to him,...............although I have a slight vibe , BDS delivers a great product,.................pretty easy to install and the ride is perfect,...........getting ready to put 32" tires on it ...............I would recommend any of their products ,..........I even put their single shock steering stabilizer on it .............

ASUsax
ASUsax's Reviews

01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Pros: Good ride, inexpensive
Cons: Gateway drug, you'll want mooooore!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I also have this lift and like it. It's perfect for 31's. I did have minor vibes.

Lostj

Lostj's Reviews

09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Easy install, Rides onroad like stock.
Cons: None that I have noticed.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The kit comes with the springs and the shocks.

It took only a couple hours to install. It rides as smooth if not smoother than stock. I got no vibes after the install(but I did install a BL/MML at the same time. I chose(sp?) this over a BB because my 6 yr old springs were sagging a bit. Also BDS has a one of the best warrenties out there. The kit cost me $375 shipped. The only thing I regret it not saving up for a bigger lift, but this is a great kit for some one who will be satisfied with just a 2" lift.

Before lift:

After:

And here's what it looks like now with 33x12.50 TSL radials

Page 2 of 2 1 2