Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Complete Lift Kits > 2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Complete Lift Kits Next Product

2" BDS Suspension Lift BDS

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $925.00
Average Price: $405.51
Manufacturer: 2" BDS Suspension Lift
Recommended?
Yes: 39 / No: 1

This lift is advertised as 2", it actually gave me about 3-3.25". This kit rides very smooth, the shocks are nice and BDS has an awesome warranty!!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Rubijohn

Rubijohn's Reviews
06-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Decent ride, easy install
Cons: Shocks could've lasted a bit longer.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was my first lift for a Wrangler so I can't really compare it to anything else besides the factory worn out Rubicon suspension. I will say the ride quality was a night a day difference between the worn out factory suspension. A nice firm ride. As an entry level suspension lift I can't recommend it enough.

CPFLIP
CPFLIP's Reviews
04-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Price: $499.99
Pros: great quality, gives a little more than 2in great for 32x11.5R15
Cons: has a driveline rattle on the rear driveshaft because of the angle, beware of this on older jeeps
Recommended? Yes

Comments: overall great product

TJChef
TJChef's Reviews
01-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Pros: Works great! Good articulation, no vibrations.
Cons: No problem w/the kit. Getting the old stuff off was rough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My Jeep is old so I didn't want to open a can of worms and go crazy. So I decided to go w/a 2" lift. After speaking w/Jim from OK 4-Wheel Drive, NJ, and doing some research, BDS was the best bang for the buck. Doing the lift did lead to new hubs/wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints (Synergy) and full brakes. I figured do it once and do it right.

TheCodeman
TheCodeman's Reviews

05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Price: $395.00
Pros: Just enough lift Better on road driving
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was pretty easy. It was my first time installing a lift and took me and my buddy 3.5 hours. Ride quality is nicer definitely. I've had no shakes or need to adjust anything. Very Satisfied

Installed both Coils and shocks.

Gordon-0
Gordon-0's Reviews
05-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Price: $394.00
Pros: Got 2.5" front and 3" rear, stiff ride initially, but settled a bit and is much smoother. Easy install, good quality.
Cons: See review
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Unexpected 3" rear required dropping the TC for now, MML or some control arm adjustment will need to be done to eliminate vibrations. Overall very happy, but maybe the lift should be advertised as a 2.5" lift instead of 2".

DJeepinOK
DJeepinOK's Reviews
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Lift! Very easy to install once you get everything old off!

Andrzej77ff
Andrzej77ff's Reviews
11-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Pros: Easy install, good ride
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed it, but install was easy and ride is great.

pne123
pne123's Reviews

11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Inexpensive Easy
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 1997 TJ SE, stock.
I purchased 2" coil springs only, 034204 front and 034206 rear.
I paired them with Bilstein 5100 shocks.

I was originally going to go cheap and do BB. I am glad I did the springs. My original coils were sagging more than I thought. The 2" springs raised the front 3.5 inches and the rear 3 inches. The ride is stiffer than before but I am sure it will settle in after a few miles. It is stiffer but rides like I thought a jeep should. It used to ride like a boat. It does also seem to wonder a bit more going down the road but not unsafe. Could be due to higher center of gravity or I need to re-align the wheels. I did not undo cam bolts but the tires still may need to aligned. Being lift may have changed the camber.

It was very easy to install. I was able to remove and replace the springs by only removing the exst shocks and sway bar links. The instructions say to undo several other parts which was not needed if you have help. My help was 270lbs. With my brother putting his weight on the axle and lifting up on the other side with a jack the axle articulated enough to swap the springs.

I am running 31's so I am not sure if I am going to need bump stop extensions. I will have to test it and may need to add them in the future.

Before with stock 215’s (27.5”).

After with 31’s

Jims-87YJ

Jims-87YJ's Reviews
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Great Kit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed during a frame off so it went very easy as I was starting with a clean bare frame. Instructions were straight forward and I had no issues.

FKemp3

FKemp3's Reviews

08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Great ride, easy install, more height gained than advertised, full springs no pucks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT starter/budget boost. Ride quality for price is great.

12voltman
12voltman's Reviews

03-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Pros: Ride Quality - much better than stock Improved Flex Warranty Ease of installation No Vibs!
Cons: None so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good quality basic kit for DD with off-road capability. Would recommend to anyone wanting a small lift. Mine is combined with a 1.25" JKS body lift and 1" motor mount lift.

FXSTCHEWY

FXSTCHEWY's Reviews
02-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Price: $379.00
Pros: Good ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Springs.

ttm
ttm's Reviews

02-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Price: $680.00
Pros: shocks came packaged nicely, springs were scratched up, though no big deal
Cons: springs not the same installed height
Recommended? No

Comments: mine came in, installed them and rear springs were 3/4" difference in lift from right to left brand new, the place i ordered from only wants to order one spring, instead of getting the rear set, so now i can install them again to see which one is wrong, was rolled too tall or one too short? and to get them fixed from BDS I have to pay shipping, on brand new springs, I won't be buying from them again.

kashoggio

kashoggio's Reviews
10-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Pros: Easy kit to install. Great ride , simple
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome kits, gives a great ride, lift came to about 2.5 inches

mudb0x
mudb0x's Reviews
07-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Price: $390.00
Pros: NOT a spacer lift... springs and shocks included
Cons: install instructions said 4 hours but this was my first foray into suspension and it took me 4 hours for the back and 4 hours for the front. But hey, I got it installed.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After 12 years on the original springs and shocks (i know... bad, right) and 136,000 miles, it was time to replace both.

BDS was well reviewed by others and replaced both the springs and the shocks.

The install took longer than it should have since most of the hardware on the Jeep hadn't been removed ever in it's lifetime. It took me 8 hours to complete the install compared to the 4 hours per the instructions.

I would consider the ride to be better than stock and would recommend this kit to others.

Also, it did not cause any driveline vibration.

dtaylor93
dtaylor93's Reviews

05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Pros: -Looks good -Gave me more than 2" -Easy install
Cons: -None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The lift is great, went on in about 4 hours, and the ride is great

Moto4x4
Moto4x4's Reviews

02-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: Better ride over stock, Sweet warranty, easy install, netted about 2.5 (maybe a lil more) which is what i wanted, not a bad price at all, just over all bombdiggity
Cons: Youre a con
Recommended? Yes

Comments: super yet simple kit

jabroni3411
jabroni3411's Reviews
01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Price: $390.00
Pros: Ease of install, lifetime warranty, qualityparts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kit came with springs and shocks and stickers. Instructions were detailed but kit is very basic to install. Ride quality over stock is much better and flex's great. would recommend to anyone

crispo21521
crispo21521's Reviews

10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: smoother ride than stock sits higher then 2 inches
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: put it on my 02 wj had it about 2000 miles no complaints... ride is much smoother then my old saggy stock springs

Camio
Camio's Reviews

07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Price: $420.00
Pros: More than 2 inches of lift, Improved ride, Improved suspension travel
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this lift on my TJ, it is a great product. It shipped fast and was easy to install. The ride is better than stock, and articulation is greatly improved. It's enough of a lift to make my 31s look small, it would look perfect with 32s, and could probably clear 33s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »