29K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  WranglingMI 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $228
Rating 4
Average Price $95.21
Manufacturer Skyjacker
Recommended Yes: 29 / No: 1

Rear shock for 1-3" of suspension lift. Shock extended measures 22.58" and compressed 13.71". This is the shock we recommend with most of our kits. It gives a great street ride and still is firm enough for most off-roaming. Skyjacker Softride Hydro Shocks feature Hydraulic action, multi-stage velocity sensitive valving, 5/8" diameter hardened double chrome rod, internal rebound bumper, oversize piston head, tough polyurethane bushings, variable resistance, and expanded fluid reservoir to help maintain consistent performance with less foaming and heavy-duty twin tube construction.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $32.99
Rating 4
Pros Great ride, better than stock
Cons Seems to be somewhat noisy at first, but i think that's just the newness/breakin
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed a 2" BB this weekend, and at the same time installed some new Skyjacker Hydros. I like this ride better than my stock ride, although it seems to be just a bit bouncy. But I would reccomend this shock. Overall it rides very plush.

#3 ·
Price $55
Rating 4
Pros very nice soft ride and holds corners flatter
Cons still a bit too much body roll at times
Recommended yes

Comments: Just put a set of 7000's on my WJ and the ride is firmer than oem and puts the cornering back into the jgc.

So far there a nice firmer change that is not too stiff , good for the majority of road driving that i do .

I like when I hear the shock slam a tire back onto the road after going over a bump , just like its supose to. The nice soft ride leads to a bit much sway in the corners at times so I thinking of adding a rear sway bar too :cheers:

#4 ·
Rating 4
Pros Great Ride!
Cons Not quite enough travel for my stock CJ-7
Recommended yes

Comments: I replaced my P.O. installed shocks of questionable history with these, and am now thrilled with the ride. I have much better control and feel on road while not losing any flex off-road. Plenty soft!

#6 ·
Rating 4
Pros Ride likes a 4WD should
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Also installed these with a BB. Found the ride afterwards just what I was looking for. It's way better than the stock ride. Good feel, good product.

#8 ·
Price $160
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: As good as stock ride. I painted them before install to prevent them rusting.

#12 ·
Price $32.95
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Ride soft

#15 ·
Pros soft ride, cheap price
Recommended yes

Comments: changed over from rubicon express shocks and, man, what an awesome difference!

#22 ·
Price $109
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: So far so good, arguably better than stock. awesome shock for the price! heard the paint rusts easy so hit them with some rattle can before install

#26 ·
Price $100
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: 2" BB installed....nicer than stock ride, great price! Keep an eye out in March as they usually offer 4 shocks for 100.00 (a 35.00 rebate to get this)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.