61K views 47 replies 47 participants last post by  WXJEEP 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $250
Rating 3
Average Price $132.13
Manufacturer Skyjacker
Recommended Yes: 44 / No: 3

All four of your vehicle?s wheels?lifted or stock?could use the sky-high handling and smoothness of Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks. They?re highly-charged with 150psi of nitrogen gas for a smooth, consistent ride that adjusts to road conditions.

Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks boast multi-stage velocity-sensitive valving that changes shock performance to speed and road conditions. Further fortifying Skyjacker Shocks? strength and smoothness is their twin tube construction, along with heavy-duty 14mm rods.

Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks come in front and rear sets, as well as sizes that accommodate most any level of lifting. Long-lasting red polyurethane bushings and boots are included with every shock. And, all you have to do to get the right shocks is select your vehicle above. What?s even better, your Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks carry a Lifetime Warranty.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $34
Rating 1
Pros nice boots, fit the WJ well
Cons really hard at first and caused bump steer
Recommended no

Comments: Installed Feb 06 need to be replaced Aug 06.
After install I had a lot of bump steer. Got better after a month. After 6 months they are done. Paid $34 each. They installed very easily. On my WJ with 265/70/17's on the stock 17" wheels and stock back spacing they leave less than one half inch clearance. They have rubbed the inside of the tire a bit but not really an issue.

#5 · (Edited)
Price $38
Rating 3
Pros They're cheap.
Cons You get what you pay for.
Twin tube=the suck
Recommended no

Comments: These are a decent shock at a good price. I think they ride a little stiff, and for that reason if I where to do it over would probably buy Hydros.

Update 9/24/09:
Oh man do these shocks suck. They've already started to rust out, and I swear they're even stiffer then when they were new. As soon as I can afford it I'll be replacing these with some good monotubes.

Update 10/14/10:
All 4 of my shocks are completely blown. My suspension has always been properly bumpstopped, so that's not the reason. These are just terrible shocks.

I'm going to bilsteins as soon as money allows.

Update 4/4/12
Put Bilstein 5125s in the rear and OME nitro sports in the front and the difference is night and day. I will never buy cheap shocks again.

Skyjacker shocks suck!

#8 ·
Price $160
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: These shocks have made my ride a bit smoother, but not quite as much as I was hoping for. I've heard the Hydro's are smoother, but that the Nitros are more durable. I'm still in the testing phase.

#9 ·
Price $125
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Good for the money.

#11 ·
Price $50
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Great for off road. A little stiffer than stock for on road

#12 ·
Price $150
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: LOVE UM! I replaced the old worn out X-year old EMU shocks that were banging around under there and it felt like a new Jeep. My buddies tell me that they are a little softer than what they ride but as a new comer to Jeeps and off roading these suit me perfectly.

#13 ·
Price $150
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: Great set of shocks for someone that just wants to wheel on the mild trails, nothing hardcore for a city kid.

#21 ·
Price $69.99
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I can not say anything about these other than get you some they are great very well suited for my jeep with 4 inch of suspention lift.

#22 ·
Price $145
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I like them, the last set was stock at a 105,000miles. I wheeled them once at Wachita ORP in MO, I found they are very good off road, but I am comparing them to my old shocks. I like them alot everything is better on and off raod.

#24 ·
Price $110
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: im very happy, they look great, they ride great, was a quick install, got them off ebay, not too pricey, only did the front two. very happy

#26 ·
Price $50
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: when i did my BB, i held out for good shocks and this is what i got, my only suggestion would be to reuse your old upper shock bushings because the new poly jobs are to small and will pull through the hole and cut into basically circles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.