Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Skyjacker Skyjacker Nitro 8000

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Skyjacker Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Skyjacker Skyjacker Nitro 8000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $125.26
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 41 / No: 3

All four of your vehicle’s wheels—lifted or stock—could use the sky-high handling and smoothness of Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks. They’re highly-charged with 150psi of nitrogen gas for a smooth, consistent ride that adjusts to road conditions.

Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks boast multi-stage velocity-sensitive valving that changes shock performance to speed and road conditions. Further fortifying Skyjacker Shocks’ strength and smoothness is their twin tube construction, along with heavy-duty 14mm rods.

Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks come in front and rear sets, as well as sizes that accommodate most any level of lifting. Long-lasting red polyurethane bushings and boots are included with every shock. And, all you have to do to get the right shocks is select your vehicle above. What’s even better, your Skyjacker Nitro 8000 Shocks carry a Lifetime Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Saul32

Saul32's Reviews
02-25-2014, 12:39 AM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Super cushion
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not complaints at all. Had the rustys shocks that came w my 6" lift kit but wanted a smoother ride. The skyjacker Nitros did the trick.

jaggjr23
jaggjr23's Reviews
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Work great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The shocks the awesome and were really easy to install. They ride nice and smooth.

Dluenz

Dluenz's Reviews
05-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great shocks, Ive really beat the crap out of them and everything holding up well. They look good
Cons: Harsh ride (but what do you expect)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had cheap shocks on before so I put these on with my lift and they are great. The jeep hopps around like a sports car. Ive really beat these shocks and nothing has broken or lost pressure.

AWK
AWK's Reviews

04-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Nice looking Improved ride
Cons: 1 in and 3/8 shorted than OEM shock. Boots for front shocks came a few inches short One of the mounts did not fit and had to be altered.
Recommended? No

Comments: Good price from 4WD. BUT, they would hear my issues and said I need to return them... But then they say I can return shocks that have been installed!
The front shocks are 1 3/8 inch shorter than the OEM shock. SkyJacker confirmed this after several e-mails. The front shocks I received from 4WD the boot was to short to fit. Took several e-mails to Skyjacker and then they would only respond after I posted issues directly to Facebook.

I like the shocks I guess, ride is OK. But because of the lack of responding from both 4wd AND Skyjacker, I will go elsewhere next time.

AWK

hfa8592
hfa8592's Reviews

12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: At $40 per corner, Great value, noticeable ride improvement over the old pro-comps that were on my YJ.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have not wheeled with these yet but on road they definitely make the ride less bouncy than before. I like them so far and what a smoking price at 4wheelparts.

noise_maker

noise_maker's Reviews
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Price: $105.00
Pros: Cheep and depends well without being overly stiff
Cons: Some what stiff and limited up lift dampening
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works good and allot of bang for your buck

skateslabel
skateslabel's Reviews
10-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Pros: Affordable
Cons: Somewhat stiff ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great shocks for the price and give a you a great ride off road, but they can be a bit harsh whist in town. Overall great.

HuskerNationRR
HuskerNationRR's Reviews
03-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Love the ride quality. Definitely better than OEM by far lol.
Cons: Wish I would have known to use the original sleeves do to rattling lol.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My ride quality before was bouncy. It I could feel every bump to a "T". I went online and bought these shocks, and other than the rattling noise do to not doing more research, Its a smooth ride. Might as well have a Cadillac badge. Almost too smooth to be called a Jeep

johncsmith711
johncsmith711's Reviews
03-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seem to work good for me!

Cassafrass

Cassafrass's Reviews
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Really nice so far
Cons: Rust on the outside of the shock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Also came installed on the truck. Dont really like the looks of them but I guess thats not really what theyr there for. Havent had any problems so far though

willydigger

willydigger's Reviews

10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Price: $43.00
Pros: Firm Ride
Cons: Made in Mexico
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced a set of 5 year old Rusty's hydro shocks. I added rear upper BPE's so I ordered the stock length shock. Installation took 30 minutes. I opted to leave off the boot and stickers.

The ride is superb. Firm, but not rigid. I don't bottom out going over speed humps. I plan to replace the fronts with Nitro's.

The only down side is made in Mexico. The Rusty's shocks were made in the US.

AJ in Japan
Jeeps and Bikes - Yea!
AJ in Japan's Reviews
10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Pros: better off road
Cons: a little stiff on the street
Recommended? Yes

Comments: worth the fair price. Haven't really worked them hard yet but will soon.

Just_Jking

Just_Jking's Reviews
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Price: $516.00
Pros: seems to be pretty sturdy and have a great recovery rate
Cons: none of now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive got the gas shocks because they were a upgrade with my lift and seemed after doing alot of research people favor the gas shocks i seem to like them so far

GFoster

GFoster's Reviews
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Price: $156.94
Pros: Nice Ride, on and off road.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, and rides like a dream.. both on and off road.

Nielubie
Nielubie's Reviews
05-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Price: $45.00
Pros: Excellent product, smoother ride on bumpy roads, increased stability as well.
Cons: Only RED boots are offered, cosmetic issue only.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent shocks, increased stability and handling at higher speeds and bumpy roads. Well worth the money.

DeMorat
DeMorat's Reviews
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: .
Cons: wish they weren't bright red... but otherwise happy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

ManteVr4
ManteVr4's Reviews
06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Price: $49.00
Pros: more stable over stock overland shocks
Cons: have to replace the rears once every two years
Recommended? Yes

Comments: more stable over stock overland shocks, have to replace the rears once every two years

jeepin4u
jeepin4u's Reviews
05-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: good on and off
Cons: little stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great for the price and nitro charged

Natehal89

Natehal89's Reviews

03-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Price: $42.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, So good. Much better ride since i put the new shocks on. I havent tried off-roading yet though.

cowboy63b
cowboy63b's Reviews

03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when i did my BB, i held out for good shocks and this is what i got, my only suggestion would be to reuse your old upper shock bushings because the new poly jobs are to small and will pull through the hole and cut into basically circles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »