17K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Planetcat 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $30
Rating 3
Average Price $63.8
Manufacturer Rusty's Offroad
Recommended Yes: 3 / No: 2

Rusty's Performance shocks. Specifically designed for different Jeeps with varying lift heights.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $30
Rating 2
Recommended no

Comments: They Work pretty well, However the squeak and knock, and produce various strange noises.

#3 ·
Price $33
Pros Cheap
Cons Stiff
Recommended yes

Comments: Good for the money, but they are stiff. If you need new shocks and you don't mind a stiffer than stock ride and you want to save a buck they are great. If you have money, get something nicer.

#5 ·
Price $1
Rating 2
Pros Only PRO is that they came with the kit. fitment was good.
Cons Everything but the fit
Recommended no

Comments: The shocks came with my 2.5in WJ coil spring lift kit. Fit was great but they are a VERY rough riding shock so rough that when you hit some bumps on the road you will get some scary wandering!

The shocks have been on for a few years now and are shot! Shocks wear out thats for sure but these are crap new. Save up your cash for better shocks. If they came with the kit you bought they are great for holding the install instructions down so the wind doesn't blow them away, after that they are useless.

#6 ·
Price $35
Rating 5
Pros Great ride, fit perfect, excellent help regarding lift vs shock height from Rusty's, fantastic price.
Cons Didn't come with shock boots (not super obvious when ordering).
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed these as a replacement to my horrible ProComp MX-6 shocks that I suffered with for five years. I got the Rusty's RX100 Performance Shocks: RX-26 (rear), RX-27 (front) for my 2004 WJ with 2.75" Kevin's Offroad (KOR) Spring Lift. They have nice travel length, ride great on and off road, are very well built with extra thick piston rods and housings. Come with a variety of hardware for various installations (i.e. several bar pins, urethane bushings, etc.). Just make sure you order the boots separate. I didn't notice the small print that the boots weren't included and had to scramble to find some locally.

I've got about 300 miles on them, and if they last, they'll be the best shock I've ever owned especially for $35 a piece. Took about 1.5 hours to install. I highly recommend. I've bought several parts from Rusty's over the last 10 years, and they make quality products that fit very well.

Update: After almost 2,000 miles on them, both on and off-road, still very happy with them. They have settled nicely, and I don't find them to be too stiff on my DD 2004 WJ, which is weekend off road jeep too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.